Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Chippychinky

The Village Chinky

Guest Chippychinky

At the request of the first customers on our opening yesterday we will not be closing between 3pm and 5pm.

Open from 12noon to 11.30 pm

At the request of the first customers on our opening yesterday we will not be closing between 3pm and 5pm.

Open from 12noon to 11.30 pm

nice to see you open mate . i ll be in soon for a feed .

good luck .

Guest dodger

called in for a chinky takeaway tonight, have to say it was really nice, like the marker pen and tick box menu on arrival, my only small point being the sweet and sour sauce was a little on the thin side to my taste and disappeared when spread on the rice but just a minor point, will definitely be back for more. and trying out the full menu over time.

called in for a chinky takeaway tonight, have to say it was really nice, like the marker pen and tick box menu on arrival, my only small point being the sweet and sour sauce was a little on the thin side to my taste and disappeared when spread on the rice but just a minor point, will definitely be back for more. and trying out the full menu over time.

I am gonna get down there, its sounds great. I do have a question, are they open for dining in now?

They were open for dining when I called in saw Howard in there.

Is this a good or bad thing?

Guest Chippychinky
I am gonna get down there, its sounds great. I do have a question, are they open for dining in now?

On my Chef's request I opened for Dining as well as Take Away Food orders tonight.

I am sory ant the Chop Suey that was not right.

We had about 30 People in the Restaurant between 6pm and 11pm.

I am very proud but also humble about that!

Thank you everyone who came and waited patiently and did not complain about the Gliches! Mainly Serving Staff.

It has been a long time coming and hopefully we will get it spot on.

Kind Regards

Paul

Guest Chippychinky

Thank You Dodger for your feedback.

I will adress the Thing S & Sour Sauce issue this morning.

Thank you for your custom.

Guest Chippychinky
i'm gonna get down there. good luck with the opening

Thank you sincerely

Paul

Guest dodger

As I said The food was really great and the set up looks fine to me, could see you are still getting things finalised, but judging by your comments on the customer feedback here I have no doubt this will be a great success, I will certainly be a regular customer at last a decent chinky in town congratulations.

On my Chef's request I opened for Dining as well as Take Away Food orders tonight.

I am sory ant the Chop Suey that was not right.

We had about 30 People in the Restaurant between 6pm and 11pm.

I am very proud but also humble about that!

Thank you everyone who came and waited patiently and did not complain about the Gliches! Mainly Serving Staff.

It has been a long time coming and hopefully we will get it spot on.

Kind Regards

Paul

anyonbe going to a first night has to expect a few snafu's thats the nature of an openig. until you open, the staff dont know what to expect, etc etc etc, so good on you. I am sure it was a good meal.

although if you fed howard i bet there wasnt much left for anyone else :laugh:

Phone answered so I placed an order and went down to collect it. Half way through it at the moment and I have to say it is top notch - better the a great many of the chinese in the UK I have sampled.On not far away from the quality of my number 1 favourite!!

Phone answered so I placed an order and went down to collect it. Half way through it at the moment and I have to say it is top notch - better the a great many of the chinese in the UK I have sampled.On not far away from the quality of my number 1 favourite!!

dont dribble it on your psyco-delic shirt davey

Well I was not wearing a shirt Tom so no worries there.Have to say that was blooody tasty. This place is going to do well. I reckon I will be haveing at least 3 per week. Fresh, tasty and very authentic (british) Chinese food. Thank God we at last have a geat Chinese carry out. Good luck with the venture and I hope you get more staff soon

9.5/10 from me.

Cheers

Davyson

Guest Galee

Thanks for the heads up Dave,i'm looking forward to trying it.

Hope they got authentic Cantonese curry or Mulphy is going to be really pissed off :D

just ordered a curry , some chow mien and some rice , so i ll give my comments soon .

werent too interested in delivering this side of sukhumvit road , so ive had to employ at motor bike taxo guy for delivery .

i hope they do decide to deliver over this side of sukhumvit because they will loose a lot of business if not , i would think .

just ordered a curry , some chow mien and some rice , so i ll give my comments soon .

werent too interested in delivering this side of sukhumvit road , so ive had to employ at motor bike taxo guy for delivery .

i hope they do decide to deliver over this side of sukhumvit because they will loose a lot of business if not , i would think .

Is that a problem then Mulphy?

I can see the attraction of having a darkside located business, cheaper rent, more stable ex-pat community, lower start up costs? maybe but have you hit on a problem, the unwillingingness for the business to deliver over the Suk into a large market area on the brightside............will the business fail if they don't cross this road or is it capable or doing ok by just supplying darksiders and those wiling to pick up?

Is that a problem then Mulphy?

I can see the attraction of having a darkside located business, cheaper rent, more stable ex-pat community, lower start up costs? maybe but have you hit on a problem, the unwillingingness for the business to deliver over the Suk into a large market area on the brightside............will the business fail if they don't cross this road or is it capable or doing ok by just supplying darksiders and those wiling to pick up?

its a problem for myself or any other darkside based customer , if it turns out the chinky cant deliver to the mass of ex pats who live over here on the darkside .

it may be teething problems and something paul will put right .

ok , honest opinion of my chicken curry and fried rice .

fried rice , nicely cooked , contained some peas and some sweetcorn .

sweetcorn ?

never had that in chinese fried rice before and i hope i never get it again .

the chicken curry , well the chicken was fine , there was a very minimal amount of onion in the curry sauce .

the curry sauce unfortunately was almost of a watery consistancy , when it should be of a sauce consistancy .

the taste of the curry itself was not bad though , reasonably close to british type curry sauces .

my suggestion would be thicken up your curry sauce and add far more onions to it , or at least give an option on the menu for onions in the curries .

overall , quite nice to eat , but would be far better if they took my suggestions .

one thing i ll say already though , its far better than is offered by chow soi .

i ll eat the chow mein later tonight and let you know what i think of that .

oh yeah , while im here , it was delivered in decent containers and was well presented too .