Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest firth1974

A Review Of The Discovery Beach Hotel, Pattaya.

Guest firth1974

Stayed here for 3 nights at the end of August. Booked hotel through Booking.com, and actually founs that the price was quoted was the price i paid. At 2000baht a night, its not cheap, but it is great value.

Had a room on the 11th floor, with fantastic views of the beach and Walking street/South Pattaya. Rooms comprises of a HUGE double bed, a fair sized balcony, flat screen tv with all the usual cable channels, and fairly fast wifi( recorded the down speed at 9 meg).A nice sized bathroom with a walkin shower, and a large sized bath.

A nice sized swimming pool out front, and a fairly well stocked out gym room.

I was never up in time to sample the buffet breakfast, but by all accounts it is meant to be good.

ThailandSept2011pt1078.jpg

ThailandSept2011pt1003.jpg

ThailandSept2011pt1006.jpg

ThailandSept2011pt1005.jpg

ThailandSept2011pt1007.jpg

ThailandSept2011pt1009.jpg

ThailandSept2011pt1010.jpg

ThailandSept2011pt1012.jpg

ThailandSept2011pt1013.jpg

ThailandSept2011pt1035.jpg

ThailandSept2011pt1040.jpg

ThailandSept2011pt1143.jpg

ThailandSept2011pt1189.jpg

ThailandSept2011pt1194.jpg

ThailandSept2011pt1196.jpg

ThailandSept2011pt1199.jpg

ThailandSept2011pt1200.jpg

ThailandSept2011pt1210.jpg

Nice lookin place and that sure is a nice view. Are the rates different for rooms with sea view or do you just need to be lucky?

Guest Parkwahn

I may be wrong but when it opened I thought the costs were 3500 a night ?

Patts is just fantastic value for rooms, I've never felt the need to spend more than 2000 baht for a room and there are tons of good hotels for that price or below. Is there another country in the world that is such good value for the quality?

Thanks for your review.

I actually looked on-line a couple of years ago for prices, probably not long after it opened, cheapest rooms were in the 4000baht mark. Good value at the price you paid as it looks a nice hotel.

Guest Parkwahn

Thanks for your review.

I actually looked on-line a couple of years ago for prices, probably not long after it opened, cheapest rooms were in the 4000baht mark. Good value at the price you paid as it looks a nice hotel.

Thats what I thought , not sure where my post went stating that :laughing: thought it was 3500 a nite, the place was only open a week, I thought you could buy gaffs there but maybe it was somewhere else, at my age it gets confusing :laughing: :laughing:

Maybe I never posted it :laughing:

I may be wrong but when it opened I thought the costs were 3500 a night ?

I certainly didn't see your post before I posted mine Parky, there now though obviously.

Guest firth1974

Thats what I thought , not sure where my post went stating that :laughing: thought it was 3500 a nite, the place was only open a week, I thought you could buy gaffs there but maybe it was somewhere else, at my age it gets confusing :laughing: :laughing:

Maybe I never posted it :laughing:

The hotel itself may well be charging those prices for the rooms, but Booking.com were offering 2000 baht a night, and thats what i paid for 3 nights.