Latest News
  • *** SUCK MY COCK YOU FUCKING SNIDE CUNTS *** FIRTH is a word we must not forget , KEEP THE KIDS SAFE *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** KARMA IS A FUCKING BITCH ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stickyfingers

18 Coins On Soi Buakow

Hi chaps,

Finally tried the 18 coins rest in soi buakow, opposite sutus ct, week ago on sunday after few friends reccomended the place.

Was about 7pm and thought would try a roast dinner and couldnt see anything on the board outside as was told to look out for special of the day on the board.

Anyway went for it and got last available table as place was full.

Ordered roast beef dinner 230bt from menu and soft drink and relaxed in seat as had some sports on the tvs showing.

Staff looked stressed and were mix of ladyboys and small usual issan chimps/ladies trying to do their best.

Well waited for 45mins until the food arrived which did taste good i admit, but was close to doin what a nearby customer did and cancel the order as he had waited 50 mins and his mrs had already had hers!! There seemed to be lack of co-ordination on the ordering as some tables were gettin 1 serving leaving the bemused partner to stare at the other partners food for another 20 mins until theres arrived!! :veryangry::question:

I did have a bread n butter pud too with custard, 105bt, as not had that for ages since leavin home but tasted far too spongy and was lookin for the other side of it being green as in dish washin up sponge as was that spongy!! :question:

A few waitresses did apologise and i took it in my stride as am laid back and was 1st time there so am takin it easy but some older customers were giving some stick to them for the delays in meals arriving.

I did say to the staff u needed roller skates on or a bigger kitchen with suitable numbers of chefs to get the food out in time, they agreed and hope the boss learns too.

God help them at xmas as they've been promoting the xmas dinner menu here and in few bars too around lk metro, but the above would put me off as god knows how long you would have to wait on xmas day!?! :question:

cheers,

Guest Winston_Churchill

it's a shame it's always been the same long wait and good food,and yer companion gets to eat hers before yours arrives.

ive been in a few times , food is usually pretty good and im a fussy cunt .

alan the boss is a decent guy .

Guest vader

Have never waited that long for food there, but maybe I,ve just been lucky. Often the food does;nt all arrive at the same time but for me thats only of minor concern.I did notice that Alan seemed less in evidence lately he seemed to be a permanent fixture at the end of his bar on many previous visits, but not so much lately.

OK place the specials are decent.

Try the Bacon sandwich and chips it's f**king good.

You saying the bacon is fried crisp there? Not soggy raw like most every other Thai cook does bacon.

You saying the bacon is fried crisp there? Not soggy raw like most every other Thai cook does bacon.

if it was crispy i wouldnt be eating it .

i dont get some folks fascination for cremating bacon .

Guest chris2004

I eat there quite a lot and have to say the food usually arrives within 10 minutes or so, maybe it was an off day. Have to recommend the food as well. I used to eat at Le Katai but have switched to 18 coins. I love their Sunday roast, one of the best for 129 baht. It does get busy though, often all the tables are full. Not sure i would go for Xmas lunch as waiting is not my strong point.

Guest irish

I ate xmas dinner there last year and it was good, not much meat may i say but still good.

I as of yet have to get there for a daily dinner but I would not like to be sat for the better part of an hour waiting.

As for dinners arriving separate when ordering with someone else I hate that, a bit of timing in the kitchen goes a long way...

I have been there for a breakfast last year, good value and a good breakfast, quick service the food was on the table in minutes.

Guest gazza54

if it was crispy i wouldnt be eating it .

i dont get some folks fascination for cremating bacon .

+1 I dont like any meat well done

Guest irish

+1 I dont like any meat well done

bacon is the only meat i like well done,

I would have a blue steak any day....well maybe not it Thailand unless it could be confirmed fresh

Good breakfast but shithouse coffee. Had some good meals there, maybe pop in every couple of weeks. Never noticed slow service.

Guest garibaldi

Me and the Mrs had a few good meals there over the last month, honourable mentions go to liver and mash with onion gravy, pork cordon bleu and the Sunday roast.

The bacon, cheese, onion and tomato toastie is outstanding.

Its not the kind of bacon we eat in the USA. Its UK style more like what we call Canadian Bacon

Thanks, I can eat near raw Canadian Bacon. I'll try their bacon sandwich then.

Thanks, I can eat near raw Canadian Bacon. I'll try their bacon sandwich then.

Hi Jon, I like you love crispy bacon of the American variety but for making a sandwich it's a whole different ball game, Canadian style which is actually British style (the US marketing folks still don't like labeling anything English or British apart from muffins which we just call muffins btw), makes the best sandwiches. you should try a bacon and egg sandwich with brown sauce preferably HP Sauce. Other variations are bacon and cheese or bacon and mushroom, fabulous! :)