Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest potnoodle

Budget Accom. In Pattaya

Guest potnoodle

Budget Accom. in Pattaya. Recommendations welcomed.

I recently stayed at the Boxing Roo on Pattaya 3rd. Rd. 450 baht a night. Great value for money. Website: www.boxingroothailand.com/

PS. I am not in any way affiliated with the Boxing Roo, just a guest for 2 nights recently.

Guest Bogan Prince

Budget Accom. in Pattaya. Recommendations welcomed.

I recently stayed at the Boxing Roo on Pattaya 3rd. Rd. 450 baht a night. Great value for money. Website: www.boxingroothailand.com/

PS. I am not in any way affiliated with the Boxing Roo, just a guest for 2 nights recently.

Welcome to the Board Mate

Sure you will enjoy yr time here

Didnt know the Roo had rooms

But been there many times,great Aussie hang out

And great to watch Big Aussie sports events (melbourne Cup, State of Origins, Rugby internationals etc)

The 2 owners are both top Blokes and make everyone feel very welcome in there bar,always a must stop for me is the Boxing Roo :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sanaya Apartments looks like good value imo.

http://www.sanya-apartments.com/site/

The guesthouse is located at the soi buakaow market. There is obviously no swimmingpool, but its only a few minutes walk to centre condo, and I think none centre condo guests can use that pool for a small fee.

They also have a guesthouse on walkingstreet. The location there is near the entrence on soi 15 as you walk down from second road.

http://www.sanya-nightstar.com/site/

I haven't stayed in these places, but I think they look pretty sweet. Especially the big rooms in Sanaya apartments.

anything under 3000 b a night is budget accommodation .

there are literally thousands of places in pattaya that qualify as budget accommodation .

Guest dannythered

anything under 3000 b a night is budget accommodation .

there are literally thousands of places in pattaya that qualify as budget accommodation .

I wish I shared your budget. I think the poster was meaning more along the lines of "cheap". Bt.3000 doesn't qualify for cheap. He probably is wanting more like bt.1000/night.

I wish I shared your budget. I think the poster was meaning more along the lines of "cheap". Bt.3000 doesn't qualify for cheap. He probably is wanting more like bt.1000/night.

im not saying its my budget but 60 pounds a night or 100 dollars a night is cheap .

Guest Mr Ploppy

He specifies 450 in the OP..I checked Agoda and couldn't find anything in Patts for him..

its 34 pounds a night for a ymca bed in london .

thats 1650 b a night .

thats 52 us dollars a night .

about 52 aussie dollars a night .

so if 3000 b a night isnt budget accommodation , what is ?

Lots of budget accomodation on the dark side for 3000 Baht.

Per month.

laughing.gif

thats why all the ymca dwellers have moved there .

Guest dannythered

thats 1650 b a night .

Not trying to be a prick but in fact there are loads and loads of good places out there for less than bt.2000. I haven't had the occasion of staying in a true budget hotel as yet but I assume the lower cost places provide fewer amenities. I guess my bt 15-1800/nite is truly on the skids.

London has the dubious distinction of being "one" of the world's most expensive cities.

Thankfully Pattaya clocks in a little under that distinction.

Haven't stayed there but seems to me from reading Canterbury Tales is thrift orientated and well located.

Not trying to be a prick but in fact there are loads and loads of good places out there for less than bt.2000. I haven't had the occasion of staying in a true budget hotel as yet but I assume the lower cost places provide fewer amenities. I guess my bt 15-1800/nite is truly on the skids.

London has the dubious distinction of being "one" of the world's most expensive cities.

Thankfully Pattaya clocks in a little under that distinction.

Haven't stayed there but seems to me from reading Canterbury Tales is thrift orientated and well located.

ymca provide accommodation for down and outs , homeless people etc .

im guessing most folk on holiday in pattaya are not down and outs or homeless .

canterbury tales is possibly THE worst accommodation in pattaya , but whatever floats your boat mate .

i didnt say you couldnt find decent accommodation in pattaya for under 3000 b a night , but anything under 3000 b a night should be considered budget .

Guest Winston_Churchill

:gathering::detective:

Guest hanibal7

im guessing most folk on holiday in pattaya are not down and outs or homeless .

canterbury tales is possibly THE worst accommodation in pattaya , but whatever floats your boat mate .

i didnt say you couldnt find decent accommodation in pattaya for under 3000 b a night , but anything under 3000 b a night should be considered budget .

Nothing like the worst Alex,lets be fair

Nothing like the worst Alex,lets be fair

ok , im here to be educated , name a worse one .

according to online reports on pattaya forums canterbury tales and skytops come out as the worst .

would be interesting to find out worse again .

Luck we arent in london then :give_rose:

no , but it could be why a lot of brits are here though .

ymca new york east 47th street from 100 us dollars per night .

Guest hanibal7

ok , im here to be educated , name a worse one .

according to online reports on pattaya forums canterbury tales and skytops come out as the worst .

would be interesting to find out worse again .

There are loads of thai budget ones that are far worse,and pattaya has many many small guest houses so my educated guess is canterbury aint the worst

There are loads of thai budget ones that are far worse,and pattaya has many many small guest houses so my educated guess is canterbury aint the worst

like i said going by reports and comments accross all the pattaya forums it consistently comes out the worst along with skytops .

its farang owned and id expect more from a farang than i would from a thai aimed at thais .

so im still waiting for you to name a worse one .

like i said going by reports and comments accross all the pattaya forums it consistently comes out the worst along with skytops .

its farang owned and id expect more from a farang than i would from a thai aimed at thais .

so im still waiting for you to name a worse one .

I think its the Soi that lets it down. I have not seen the rooms, but for some reason everybody and their dog seems to have a go at the place.

I think its the Soi that lets it down. I have not seen the rooms, but for some reason everybody and their dog seems to have a go at the place.

And many seem to return :stuff: Maybe good grub.

Guest Winston_Churchill

And many seem to return :stuff: Maybe good grub.

maybe they have a fire escape also which is the first thing i look for when seeking a hotel/guesthouse :whistle:

thats 1650 b a night .

IMHO anything under 1000 THB a night. THB 3,000 is the high end of middle range accomodation. I would expect *** upwards for THB 3,000. Recently paid THB 4500 for a double room inlcuding breakfast at the Landmark on Suhumvit