Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest potnoodle

Budget Accom. In Pattaya

IMHO anything under 1000 THB a night. THB 3,000 is the high end of middle range accomodation Iwould expect *** upwards for THB 3,000

+1

IMHO anything under 1000 THB a night. THB 3,000 is the high end of middle range accomodation. I would expect *** upwards for THB 3,000. Recently paid THB 4500 for a double room inlcuding breakfast at the Landmark on Suhumvit

the landmark is quite nice , that to me is the high end of middle range accommodation .

When on "bachelor" status in Pattaya, I usually stay in places ranging from 1300 to 1800 B.

Areca Lodge or similar.

When with the family a little more high end, 3000 B

Tried the Canterbury Tales once, no problem with the owner, but the place is far from clean and nice. Not too speak about the noisy environment.

the landmark is quite nice , that to me is the high end of middle range accommodation .

Yes when staying there it is nice but doesn't come accross a luxurious. What hotel(s) in Bangkok would you class as middle to high end of the high end accomodation?

Sanaya Apartments looks like good value imo.

http://www.sanya-apartments.com/site/

The guesthouse is located at the soi buakaow market. There is obviously no swimmingpool, but its only a few minutes walk to centre condo, and I think none centre condo guests can use that pool for a small fee.

They also have a guesthouse on walkingstreet. The location there is near the entrence on soi 15 as you walk down from second road.

http://www.sanya-nightstar.com/site/

I haven't stayed in these places, but I think they look pretty sweet. Especially the big rooms in Sanaya apartments.

The furniture is well worn in these rooms. Or it was when i stayed there. Noisey on market days especially when they banging in the poles for the stalls at 5am.The bedding and towls were tatty

They are big rooms there, the owner a Dutch gentleman took me to the local doctors when i was sick. So top marks there.

I think you can get better on soi lk

Guest routeman

its 34 pounds a night for a ymca bed in london .

thats 1650 b a night .

thats 52 us dollars a night .

about 52 aussie dollars a night .

so if 3000 b a night isnt budget accommodation , what is ?

London is not Pattaya, apples/oranges cums to mind!

London is not Pattaya, apples/oranges cums to mind!

steve i get your point but i feel your missing mine .

Guest potnoodle

Thanks for all the contributions to this thread. I usually spent 2 nights a week in Pattaya (rest of the time in Bangkok) so any reasonably well appointed inexpensive room is nice to know about. For me I guess 'budget' means under 1k per night. Soi Lenkee(sp) has several places where rooms are about 700 a night.

Thanks again.