Latest News
  • *** SUCK MY COCK YOU FUCKING SNIDE CUNTS *** FIRTH is a word we must not forget , KEEP THE KIDS SAFE *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** KARMA IS A FUCKING BITCH ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stickyfingers

My Rooms That Stayed In During My Tour Of Duty In Patts 2010-12

Accommodation whilst on sexpat duty Pattaya 2010-2012.

Just to share with you some of the different types of accommodation that I stayed in during my recent long tour of duty in Patts, as to give you some examples of the choices you have and the costs involved.

I had a budget of around 8,000bt per/mth, didn’t want to stay in a dump or a palace but min requirements of;

• Inet access Wi-Fi or Lan

• Swimming pool

• Cable TV

• Guest friendly of course

• and choice of fan/air-con in quiet clean furnished room

Plus like to be not too far away from the action but not in the middle of it so tried for a quiet room (not easy to get the above in patts for this price).

Townhouse, Eakmongkol village, soi Khao talo.

post-45099-0-03048800-1339099933.jpg

Upon arrival stayed in friends rent free 2 beds, 1 bathroom townhouse on gated popular large estate in soi Khao talo. Was lucky that didn’t have neighbours either side of me as these townhouses are terraced and usually full of Thais. So fairly quiet daytime and evening too. Was furnished with basic sofa in living room with TV and DVD player and basic bedroom furniture with wardrobes. Had nice kitchen with fridge freezer/ microwave and utensils. Had to order and get installed TMN cable TV (beter than Sophon) as can get monthly about 300bt p/mth and had True Wi-Fi inet installed too which at the time was 690bt p/mth for 4mbs. Secure parking for motorbike. 7-11 and market and shops nearby.

Most of the townhouses rent out for 10,000bt p/mth short term or 8,000bt p/mth for 1 yr. contract, perhaps even lower as heard of some at 7,000bt p/mth now.

Low costs as govt electric about 4bt p/unit and local water meter within maintenance bill of min 310bt p/mth.

P K Apartments soi 20, Third road, Pattaya (no email or website available).

Tucked away at end of this dead- end soi 20 is PK Apartments, with 2, 3 storey buildings either side of shaded swimming pool in centre. Liked the location of this place as not far from soi lengkee/ buakow and Lk metro etc… Choice of room sizes available from small room at 5500bt, studio 7500bt and 1 bed apt 10,000bt all with balcony. I went for a top floor studio which I liked and stayed the minimum 6 mths there for that price. Rooms a bit dated and worn but had my requirements although TV and fan bit on small side. Has free Wi-Fi available too. Secure parking for motorbike. 7-11 nearby.

If it wasn’t for some nearby construction noise (another apt block) and some Thai karaoke bar noise from the 3rdrd clubs would have stayed longer.

Electric costs 6bt p/unit and water at 30bt p/unit. Change sheets and clean room 100bt a time and have laundry service too.

Chaba Garden, off soi Bongkot, Pattaya. www.chabagarden.com

Set in its own grounds off soi Bongkot, Chaba Gardens has a 5 storey studio room block overlooking the swimming pool and 1 bed apartments (which are 14,000bt p/mth) as shown. The rooms are compact with small balcony. Again has the min requirements needed and 6,000bt p/mth with free Wi-Fi. Downstairs is small café offering food and drink and has laundry facilities. Secure gated parking for motorbikes and cars with CCTV. Nice pool with limited chairs .Nice breeze on high floor so didn’t need fan on much during day.

Was a pity that within few weeks the dreaded construction and angle grinding noise started and along with some nightly music from nearby Thai style restaurant until 130am only stayed few months. Didn’t help finding out that most stray dogs seem to stay around herein packs too as many food cart operators stay around here and prepare their foods. Oh well learn as you go along!!

Electric costs at 7bt p/unit and water at 30bt p/unit. Room was cleaned once p/week free.

View Talay 2B condominium, Thappaya road, Jomtien.

post-45099-0-46955800-1339100004.jpg

After staying in apartments wanted to try a condo room for first time so had look at few in the budget end, Nirun and 9 Karat Court which were very run down, noisy and shabby in my opinion. Looked at View Talay 1, Jomtien smaller rooms with tiny balconies and run down with dark narrow corridors wasn’t for me either. Went to look at Eric g’s rooms at Jomtien Beach condo complex further down Jomtien beach, was shown compact room about 30 sq. mtr in block over on Jomtien 2nd road, not much of view of the other block opposite but decent room interior and 6,500bt p/mth was in budget. Was going to resign myself to staying there but wasn’t giving me the “X” factor even though did give Eric a small deposit which he graciously didn’t return, when after viewing View Talay 2 b a nice 37 sq. mtr studio room ticked all the boxes for me and was at 8,500bt p/mth.

Obviously VT people had learnt from the VT1 building and the rooms & corridors were much bigger and brighter in VT2. Plenty laundry shops downstairs too but not much in way of cafes.

Pros; Good location at start of Jomtien but on baht bus route so easy to get along in Jomtien and to Pattaya. VT 2b has many different types of rooms, nice large pool with café, plenty secure parking for mbikes and cars. Gov. Electric charge and good security and maintenance standard of rooms. Water is metered at 25bt p/unit with 50bt surcharge.

Cons; Awkward shaped balconies at angle so not much room, have to pay for deck chair around the pool (absurd scene of many residents bringing their own camp beds down to the pool area to avoid the 50bt charge). As many rooms are rented out by owners you can get some noisy neighbours coming and going, plenty times had to bang on door at 3-4am about TV/music noise (worth bearing in mind if you’re buying a condo, very thin walls). Have to buy Wi-Fi cards from reception unless you’re staying long term for Wi-Fi inet use. No gym when was staying there.

Phuriburi Resort, Soi Nern Perbwan, Pattaya.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Phuriburi-Resort-Pattaya/182067345170722

Located not too far over the railway road on soi Nern Perbwan (soi Muslim) is Phuriburi resort set back from small shopping plaza in its own grounds. Actually saw this on Addicts forum years ago and remembered it as was fairly new and looked good value with all the required facilities.

With automated gate entry and surrounded by greenery (rare in Patt these days) has coconut trees and bushes around the quiet small pool area. Have 3 floors of rooms which are good size at 32 sq. mtr with big comfy bed and basic furniture and balcony and kitchen area at back for 7,000bt per mth. Has good Wlan and Wi-Fi inet access to the room at 300bt p/mth. CCTV everywhere so secure access and parking for mbikes and cars.

Electric at 7bt per unit and water at flat rate of 40bt per mth. Rooms can be cleaned with change of sheets at 100bt.

Pros; Quiet in daytime and evening. Spacious rooms and if up on floor 2/3 have nice breeze coming through room so don’t need fan/ aircon on during daytime. Small pool have to yourself sometimes. 7-11 and local market opposite shopping plaza.

Cons; Can hear the mosque nearby and cockerels calling sometimes early in morning. Over on dark side so you need transport really and not too much choice in quality bars/ restaurants on soi nern pubwan.

Transport;

Throughout my stay I rented and then bought a Honda Air Blade from Mark at Kessaya Motorbike Rentals, who is on most of the Pattaya forums, where I first noticed him from his adverts there. 2,000bt p/mth / 600bt p/ week for a decent auto motorbike. Believe you have to book now on; kessayamotorbikerentals@gmail.com or call Mark on 08-7744-0945.

Hope the above is of use too you all if considering a lengthy tour of duty over there.

Cheers,

Really useful review, thanks.

That certainly gives real valuable information for existing and those wishing to live in the areas on what is a sma budget. Overall, pretty decent accommodation for between £150-£200 per month

Yes thanks for posting. Really good info,

I am in a condo 48sq metere. Look out over the beach on 24th floor. But paying 23k plus electric water wifi and cable if I want it.

Great pool and location no charge for sunbeds, but is expensive.

I am looking at condos with a view of buying one, but the only place I like, is Pratamak which is in a great postion. No Baht bus, but quiet enough for a motorbike.

As much as I have my own house I think this info is really essential for those coming to Pattaya as there is so much out there it can be pot luck what you get. Great info that would be enhanced if more people add photos/descriptions of where they stayed on their trips.

Thanks for posting.

Thanks guys,

Its just to help out our fellow mongers and BMs here.

I would have posted some more pics but couldnt get more than those without manually re-sizing the pics.

Great report. This is the type of info that builds a board in my opinion. Thanks OP