Latest News
  • *** rockhouses 13 th year anniversary party monday 12 th of november *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** rockhouses 13 th year anniversary party monday 12 th of november *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mulphy

How To Get An International Driving Permit If Living On The Eastern Seaboard .

for anyone wishing to obtain a legal international driving permit , instead of the copies going around , it is a fairly easy process .

the international driving permit is not available at the land and transport centre just off of highway 331 , behind the regents international school in pattaya .

instead you need to go to the land and transport centre in chonburi .

first you require to go to the immigration offices and obtain a residence certificate .

to do so you need your passport , a copy of the main page , visa , latest stamp and immigration card and something with your address in thailand on it , like a household bill or even your thai driving licence , along with 2 passport pictures .

this will cost you 200 b .

next you go to the land and transport centre in chonburi , were you fill in the appropriate form , give 2 passport pictures , a copy of your thai driving licence ( must be a 5 year licence .), your passport , copies of your main passport page , visa , latest stamp and immigration card .

the fee is 505 b .

after about 30 minutes wait , you will be given your international driving permit , valid for 1 year from that day .

for anyone wishing to obtain a legal international driving permit , instead of the copies going around , it is a fairly easy process .

the international driving permit is not available at the land and transport centre just off of highway 331 , behind the regents international school in pattaya .

instead you need to go to the land and transport centre in chonburi .

first you require to go to the immigration offices and obtain a residence certificate .

to do so you need your passport , a copy of the main page , visa , latest stamp and immigration card and something with your address in thailand on it , like a household bill or even your thai driving licence , along with 2 passport pictures .

this will cost you 200 b .

next you go to the land and transport centre in chonburi , were you fill in the appropriate form , give 2 passport pictures , a copy of your thai driving licence ( must be a 5 year licence .), your passport , copies of your main passport page , visa , latest stamp and immigration card .

the fee is 505 b .

after about 30 minutes wait , you will be given your international driving permit , valid for 1 year from that day .

Thanks for the info, I will exchanging my 1 year temporary license for a 5 year in September so I will sort the IDP then by taking a little trip to Chonburi.

Guest chang_paarp

Imagine the look on a copper's face when you hand him one of those in falangland. :229031_thewave:

Imagine the look on a copper's face when you hand him one of those in falangland. :229031_thewave:

its the standard international permit in english , the exact same as the one i can get from the rac or aa in the UK .

my british licence needs its address changed and because my photo is more than 10 years old i need to buy or apply for a new british licence when i am home .

i am using the international driving permit to hire a car .

Why would anyone living in Thailand want one of these as opposed to a Thai driving license ?

Why would anyone living in Thailand want one of these as opposed to a Thai driving license ?

dont people drive when visiting the likes of cambodia or the philippines ?

me personally , i ll be using it to hire a car while i am in the UK .

i guess there are lots of reasons for having one , like the cambodian , philippines and british authorities not accepting my thai driving licence as an example .

People like me for example.

I am not registered in Germany anymore so they won't issue me an intl. licences which I would need to drive in Cambodia and many other countries where the Thia license is not valid. I heard thought he German embassy would issue one to me, not sure.

i guess there are lots of reasons for having one , like the cambodian , philippines and british authorities not accepting my thai driving licence as an example .

Oh okay, wont your British license allow you to drive in the PI for a few weeks?

It's not accepted in Cambodia Alex, they only accept a Khmer licence.

Oh okay, wont your British license allow you to drive in the PI for a few weeks?

is cambodia in britain rob ?

if the answer is no , then youve just answered your own question .

It's not accepted in Cambodia Alex, they only accept a Khmer licence.

im afraid you are wrong mate .

it clearly lists cambodia as a participant country on the licence .

what the corrupt cops do on the ground is another matter as you well know .

you may recall me having had several run ins with sihanoukville cops over the years .

im afraid you are wrong mate .

it clearly lists cambodia as a participant country on the licence .

what the corrupt cops do on the ground is another matter as you well know .

you may recall me having had several run ins with sihanoukville cops over the years .

It might be on the list Alex but in reality they don't accept anything other than a Khmer licence. That's common knowledge on Tony's forum.

Why I got a Khmer driving licence and even then the coonts still tried it on.

Very corrupt pieces of shit Khmer cops.

Maybe they don't accept intl. licenses if you are not a tourist but live in Cambo?

Maybe they don't accept intl. licenses if you are not a tourist but live in Cambo?

No, the Cops are a living nightmare, in Sihanoukville anyway, out on every corner all day pulling over barangs. They just want money... all the effing time.

it worked out great for me last July, visiting the states, used the Thailand IDP instead of US license, got pulled over for running a red light, showed them the IDP, they scratched their heads and told me to be for careful....guess they did not know how to write the ticket......