Latest News
  • *** word of the day FRIENDSHIP .LOYALTY has expired*** POODLE has expired. *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** INTEGRITY was word of the day. even though we spelt it wrong . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest hanibal7

Good Mate Of Mine

Guest hanibal7

A Mate of mine had a heart attack recently at the age of 50,got the news yesterday/last night.He has had a stent fitted and should be out of hospital soon,with a good future hopefuly.He is a 20+ a day smoker for 35+ years and a heavy drinker when required lol.

I call him stokie Glyn or british bulldog,and i think Alex knows him and one or two more.Aspeedy recovery and please please dont come to Pattaya for a rest, u wont get it lol.

Sorry about last night Bruce,i was trying to contact a couple of people and couldnt talk to you on skype

Guest Bogan Prince

A Mate of mine had a heart attack recently at the age of 50,got the news yesterday/last night.He has had a stent fitted and should be out of hospital soon,with a good future hopefuly.He is a 20+ a day smoker for 35+ years and a heavy drinker when required lol.

I call him stokie Glyn or british bulldog,and i think Alex knows him and one or two more.Aspeedy recovery and please please dont come to Pattaya for a rest, u wont get it lol.

Sorry about last night Bruce,i was trying to contact a couple of people and couldnt talk to you on skype

No worries Mate, you had your priorities totally correct.

Sure is a reality check on our lifestyles when things like this happen to friends (especially ones heaps younger than yourself)

Hoping all goes well for your Mate

Guest hanibal7

No worries Mate, you had your priorities totally correct.

Sure is a reality check on our lifestyles when things like this happen to friends (especially ones heaps younger than yourself)

Hoping all goes well for your Mate

Getting worried about jeff,the amount of drink and ciggies he is doing,but he wont listen.

is 10 years heaps younger lol lol

Guest hanibal7

is he morbidly obese or something ?, but I guess all that smoking couldn't help.

No mate,maybe 3 kilo overweight max,and a strong guy,thats why we call him british bulldog

Guest Bogan Prince

Getting worried about jeff,the amount of drink and ciggies he is doing,but he wont listen.

is 10 years heaps younger lol lol

If you have a girlfriend 10 years yonger, Thats Heaps

If you get banged up for 10 years, Thats Heaps

Yeah jeff sure goes hard on the booze, I just couldnt handle that type of pace for a holliday. Let alone long term, thats why Id NEVER own a Bar.

Please pass on my best to him for me mate.

I knew a fellow countrymen who was only 10 years my senior who collapsed while drinking at John Stamp's Londoner at the mouth of Soi 33.

He died of an aneurism before reaching the hospital.

He was minted and a great guy to be around, so sad.

He introduced me to Bourbon Street and Washington Square.

Guest hanibal7

Boss you would be a great bar host or manager.

Bogan Bar has a nice ring to it.

got a nice ring to that mike.

Brucies blowjob bar sounds better though hehehehehehehe.

bogan prince,s pimp palace

Guest Parkwahn

Sad to hear Hannibal, all we have is our health but smoking, drinking to excess a shit diet and no exercise is a sure way to a short life..

With the stent and lifestyle changes he could get another 30 years...

For sure smoking does not help, but a bigger cause is inherited genes. When your number is up....its up.

I was 46 when I had mine, had quit smoking years before and my arteries were clear. I had a viral cardio-myopathy, something I picked up in LOS. It can happen to anyone at any age in any condition.

Guest hanibal7

Sad to hear Hannibal, all we have is our health but smoking, drinking to excess a shit diet and no exercise is a sure way to a short life..

With the stent and lifestyle changes he could get another 30 years...

Too true Parky.He had a year here 2006-7.and had a dvt on the plane going back,lucky the clot didnt break up in mid air,he would have died probably,that was age 45-46.That was heavy drinking and smoking 365 days non stop

no age barrier or fitness barrier to heart disease and heart attacks .

you only need look at these young fit footballers for that .

Guest Mr Pastry

Also, if the paramedics are quick. far fewer people die from heart attacks these days, than they used to an surgery is far more advanced,

It is strokes that are the worst IMO and can leave many people debilitated, paralysed or brain damaged and recovery can be very slow, sometimes never.

Guest hanibal7

Very true,but too much smoking,drinking,and shit food doesnt help either.U know him Alex,hecame with stokie paul.

Mate of mine died of heart attack a few months ago he was only 41 not over weight but a heavy drinker and smoker

Guest Parkwahn

Mate of mine died of heart attack a few months ago he was only 41 not over weight but a heavy drinker and smoker

Day after day a lethal combination throw in a sedentary lifestyle and shit food and you cant avoid it it..

Sadly IAGRA a terrific lad and BM died of the same, he was just 58 and planning to life here after doing a job he hated for 30 years.. he never carried an once of weight, but its an internal thing where the arteries get clogged..

That said if you have a birth defect you can go no matter what your lifestyle, knew a guy years ago he was 24 fit as a butchers dog football, boxing, marathons,,,, that was a shock ...

RIP mate...

Guest hanibal7

very sad,and leaving family behind must be very upsetting too

Guest Chowchu

It is a well known fact that smoking blocks the archeries and restricts blood flow to the heart.

I have never heard of drink causing heart attacks, I am no expert, but i was under the impression that Alcohol thins the blood so this should help blood flow.

Guest hanibal7

It is a well known fact that smoking blocks the archeries and restricts blood flow to the heart.

I have never heard of drink causing heart attacks, I am no expert, but i was under the impression that Alcohol thins the blood so this should help blood flow.

Heavy drinking leads to overweight,liver damage,lack of fitness,thus putting more pressure on the heart

Guest Parkwahn

100% true, excess boozing gives a person an enlarged heart :party-smiley-048:

Guest Parkwahn

Smoking is the worst thing a person can do to their body, the damage is amazing.

However on the upside is a smoker will get a better annuity rate at pension age, for a reason they don't really want .........:party-smiley-048:

Fully appreciate there are people who live till 100 years of age smoking 80 Capstan full strength, however they are very much in the minority...

Heavy drinking leads to overweight,liver damage,lack of fitness,thus putting more pressure on the heart

Yip, so true J. Sorry about your friend but anybody can and could take a heart attack. Having said that there IS A LOT we can do to prevent it. Smoking's a killer, blocks arteries, destroys your heart. Being obese overweight causes high blood pressure and you put an enormous strain on your heart just doing mundane tasks. You don't see obese overweight old people walking around because they are DEAD.

Drink in excess causes heart and liver problems also.

If you eat sensibly, take plenty exercise you must get your heart rate up for a considerable time and work your body then your heart can cope with everyday stresses and strains and DO NOT smoke, if you are genetically ok then you will live a long life.

Anyone who's burying their head in the sand and doesn't do the following has their boarding pass to Heaven or Hell already...

Ian a mate of mine and Parky's, could not walk 100 yards without chest pains. In Pattaya he keeled over next to me at a party in the Drunken Duck. He drank and smoked to excess, but would not get checked out as he was scared...

Maybe a bypass would have saved him.

Smoking is bad news, but many people including my grandfather, make it well into ther nineties..he smoked Capstan full strength all his life.

Nothing is concrete. Arthur Ash the tennis player, very fit and never smoked in his life..had one at thirty something.