Latest News
  • *** *** FIRTH is a word we must not forget , KEEP THE KIDS SAFE *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** KARMA IS A FUCKING BITCH ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest lalana

Rugby Is Great

Guest lalana

Not too much interest in Rugby on PL it seems but I may as well post.

(I made a few posts on the Ryder Cup golf,and while I love all sports I would have a

greater love for Rugby Union than golf).

The Rugby Championship,is over and New Zealand,unsurprisingly are champions.Hs anyone watched

these Championships? It "was" the Tri-Nations,but since Argentina entered the fray there are

4 nations and we have a name change.I watched the recent weekend game between South Africa

and Australia.Even though the Championship is over I am looking forward to watching next

weekends game between South Africa and New Zealand.ANY game between these 2 great rugby nations

is always a tough affair. But anyway,well done to NZ.They were the best team by far in this

Championship to be honest.

Next weekends' game is clashing with the Premiership football,but myself and another South

African have made sure and booked the TV time for the rugby on the big TV at the hotel here

in Malaysia.

RABO-DIRECT Rugby...I am happy to see Ulster have had a great start to the season and have

left off from their great finish last season.I will be probably home to Ireland for Xmas

and look forward to December the 29th when I will go to see Munster play Ulster.I can't wait.

There has been a tiny shift in Rugby power in Eire lately as Ulster have started to come good

and are starting to snap at the heels of Munster and Ulster.Connaught are the least dangerous

of the 4 provinces.

FRENCH TOP 14 Rugby.....I watch a hell of a lot of this in Thailand on my Eurosport Channel

and I am a big fan of French top-class rugby.They have such an attractive mix of Argentinian,

Pacific Islands,NZ and Australian rugby players it is a great league to watch. Johnny Wilkinson

plays for Toulon and Luke McAlister plays for Toulouse as an example. As expected,Toulouse

are right up near the top and are a powerhouse force. I am delighted that Biarritz have made a

decent start to the season as well.

November Big Games....sees all the Southern Hemisphere big guns coming to Europe for

International matches.Should be fantastic. One of many GREAT games will be New Zealand versus

Wales at the Millennium on November 24th.On the same day Ireland play Argentina in Dublin

and England play South Africa in Twickenham. What a day of rugby that will be!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to the England/Fiji match next month, should be fun :wine:

Guest lalana

I'm going to the England/Fiji match next month, should be fun :wine:

Good stuff,enjoy.If that is the one on the 10th,then there are a whole raft of matches on that

same day also.Happy days.

November is gonna be a fun month for International Test Rugby.

Guest lalana

RABO-DIRECT Rugby...I am happy to see Ulster have had a great start to the season and have

left off from their great finish last season.I will be probably home to Ireland for Xmas

and look forward to December the 29th when I will go to see Munster play Ulster.I can't wait.

Actually,on the same day,Leinster will play Connaught in Dublin.

I am really more a Leinster man at heart so will maybe go to see Leinster ,not sure yet.

Rob Kearney,Leinster and Ireland International is a local player not too far from

where I live and it always great to see someone from my Fathers' parish doing so well.

He's a great player,and one of the best Full-Backs in Northern Hemisphere rugby at the moment.

post-2229-0-93691700-1349115622.jpeg

post-2229-0-38469100-1349115635.jpg

not sure how long we (kiwis) can hold that undefeated streek some of the alblacks have to be getting a bit f**ked by now because the rugby season is 12 months because we now start to get the northeren hemisphere tests and many of them go and play for jap and french teams etc

Guest lalana

not sure how long we (kiwis) can hold that undefeated streek some of the alblacks have to be getting a bit f**ked by now because the rugby season is 12 months because we now start to get the northeren hemisphere tests and many of them go and play for jap and french teams etc

Very true,fair point. There is such a strength and depth in your Kiwi rugby though,you guys

seem to produce stars from a conveyer belt.I have faith that it will be okay.

This 4-Nations Championship,the AB's were miles better to be honest.The Boks and Aussies are

going through problems at the moment.

Interestingly,have you heard the news that Richie McCaw is going to take a complete break

from rugby for a while??

He is trying to pace his body to be at another World Cup.

You guys have so much strength in depth when Carter got injured in the 2011 World Cup.Then

Colin Slade got injured and was out.Then Aaron Crudden got injured and was out. Then you STILL

had a top player in Stephen Donald to come in and play. EVEN STILL you guys had Luke McAlister,

ex-All Black and player in top-flight French rugby available if more shit hit the fan...LOL,LOL.

Your run "will" come to an end eventually,that is for sure.It's just a high period for

NZ rugby at the moment.

These November tests will be VERY interesting to see though.It will be also interesting to

see what experimenting and blooding-in of new players that may occur.

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-union/news/15176/8106129/All-Blacks-skipper-Richie-McCaw-looks-set-to-turn-down-the-chance-to-play-in-Europe-next-year-and-instead-take-a-complete-break-from-rugby

It's not a very exciting time for Wobblies fans just now ....

Still, enjoying the fact that there is tons of Rugby going on at the moment. Some great games in the French top 14 and in the ITM.

Guest lalana

It's not a very exciting time for Wobblies fans just now ....

Still, enjoying the fact that there is tons of Rugby going on at the moment. Some great games in the French top 14 and in the ITM.

I never have watched too much ITM actually.Must be great to see,real grass-roots stuff.

I would have a soft spot for Taranaki,as I know a few people from there.

I know what you mean about the "Wannabees/Wobblies",lol. They are going through some issues

like the Quade Cooper stuff and apparent disquiet in the camp.Hopefully it gets sorted out

soon.

As for the French Top 14,I love watching their rugby.

Guest Bogan Prince

The Welsh test side has to be the biggest improvers over the last 2 years

How the Welsh lost to Australia a couple of months ago was amazing, they really Gave it to the Wallabies on our home soil.

They Basically snatched defeat out of the Jaws of victory on both occasions

They have a very young fit team, that really seam to be gelling Well as a total unit.

The Kiwis Vs Welsh at Millenium Should be a cracker , especially considering the All Blacks have been at peak performance for over a year now.

Would be very interesting to see the point spread , could be well worth having a little flutter on the Welsh with points start.JMHO

Just dont mention the Wallabies , they are not a happy Camp at present. With the Kiwi Coach experiment a total disaster (As I predicted BTW).

You can count out the Wallabies from winning any meaningful trophys for a least the next 2 years at the very Best (sad but TRUE)

Guest lalana

The Welsh test side has to be the biggest improvers over the last 2 years

How the Welsh lost to Australia a couple of months ago was amazing, they really Gave it to the Wallabies on our home soil.

They Basically snatched defeat out of the Jaws of victory on both occasions

They have a very young fit team, that really seam to be gelling Well as a total unit.

The Kiwis Vs Welsh at Millenium Should be a cracker , especially considering the All Blacks have been at peak performance for over a year now.

Would be very interesting to see the point spread , could be well worth having a little flutter on the Welsh with points start.JMHO

Just dont mention the Wallabies , they are not a happy Camp at present. With the Kiwi Coach experiment a total disaster (As I predicted BTW).

You can count out the Wallabies from winning any meaningful trophys for a least the next 2 years at the very Best (sad but TRUE)

Agree about the Welsh improving.The World Cup they had and the recognition was a big moment

for their confidence.

Hey,I remember that Welsh game in the World Cup.We were in Jamesons :gathering:

Who were you with?? Galee??

I was at my favourite table with a pint of Guinness and trying to console my Welsh friend

on the loss.I will be in Jamesons meeting friends for Rugby games a hell of a lot in the

next few months and right through to the 6 Nations next year.

You are right,the Kiwi v Wales game has the potential to be a corker,we will see. Looking

forward to seeing the outcome of November's Test matches.

Guest Bogan Prince

Agree about the Welsh improving.The World Cup they had and the recognition was a big moment

for their confidence.

Hey,I remember that Welsh game in the World Cup.We were in Jamesons :gathering:

Who were you with?? Galee??

I was at my favourite table with a pint of Guinness and trying to console my Welsh friend

on the loss.I will be in Jamesons meeting friends for Rugby games a hell of a lot in the

next few months and right through to the 6 Nations next year.

You are right,the Kiwi v Wales game has the potential to be a corker,we will see. Looking

forward to seeing the outcome of November's Test matches.

Yeah Great memories of the world Cup games in Jamisons :party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048:

Your good self and your Mates, Mc Ready, Pattayaman and all his clan, Mr and Mrs Galee, English Mike and of course the Host with the Most Kim (Just love my origanal world Cup Heinikan shirts, he gave me and G. Sorry I mean shirts we won :whistle: ).

Not to mention all those friendly Kiwi guys we met along the way, really top crowd them Kiwis and totally deserved to be world Champions :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cant go wrong with a good international Rugby match , always great fun and Banter. The Way sport and spectators should Be :thumbsu:

Always enjoy rugby. Remember the great home championship games of the late seventies.

Guest lalana

ITM.

Bloody hell,just after seeing that Taranaki play Waikato 15:30 Malaysian time on

Astro Supersport "2" here at my hotel.Think I will give it a watch,lovely to see a bit of afternoon rugby.

Guest Bogan Prince

Bloody hell,just after seeing that Taranaki play Waikato 15:30 Malaysian time on

Astro Supersport "2" here at my hotel.Think I will give it a watch,lovely to see a bit of afternoon rugby.

Funny you should mention afternoon Rugby

In Aus 3pm Test and Representitive Rugby is a thing of the past Saddley

Virtually ALL games are scheduled for the TV ratings so 7.30-8pm Kick offs are the Norm

Used to love heading out with mates to watch the afternoon Games.

Huge Tradition with the Rugby Crowd :party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048:

Lunch at a Rugby Pub, plenty of friendly Banter with opposition supporters, bit of a walking Bar hop to the ground.

Then take in an undercard game and the Big Game in the warmth of a Sydney, Brisbane winters day.

Then win loose or draw out for more Banter and Bevies with mates and opposition supporters.

With a big night of fun on the cards (plus day time games always more family friendly for families with kids).

Any daytime rep game is always very well supported, But I guess its the TV rights that pump the money into the Proffesional game now

But the great memories never Fade

Guest lalana

Well,I did manage to see the game.Enjoyed it.

Taranaki took a bit of a hammering losing 10-46 to Waikato.Hard rugby.