Latest News
  • *** word of the day FRIENDSHIP .LOYALTY has expired*** POODLE has expired. *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** INTEGRITY was word of the day. even though we spelt it wrong . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Tongue

Bangkok Pattaya Hospital Summer Promo 2013

Today being 01 April brings out the jokers but Bangkok Pattaya Hospital also bring out their summer promotions. The link below will offer a good selection of check-ups for anybody that is interested. I like this one as it is a buy 1 get 1 which I think is a pretty good deal.

Packages are on sale from 01 April - 31 May and valid for use 01 April - 30 June.

BPH Promo

any new specials for fall or winter ?

I am sure there are, always promos around the Kings birthday on 05 Dec. Probably something on their website or pick up leaflet at BPH. Presently I am at the airport and then heading for Hua Hin.

I am surprised more don't take advantage of the deals although I now prefer the deal in the summer which usually is on sale 01 April - 31 May for use from 01 April to 30 June. That deal called Family Deal allows two persons to buy a package for the price of one. I will utilise that package during that time. The Bangkok Hospital in Hua Hin presently doesn't offer such good deals. The prices are far from expensive. Some packages are very detailed with lots of tests. I try to use every two years although I get my bloods tested every year. The packages do involve chest x rays etc which may not be a good thing yearly or more often. They do also offer other single deals such as abdominal ultrasounds etc although I believe they need to be bought as part of a check-up package. Their dental packages are quite good as well.

I realise I'm a naturally cynical person but I do suspect that these deals are very profitable for the hospital.

Probably even the smallest thing is magnified, causing further investigation / further fees. People (understandably) don't wish to put their health at risk and so are easy targets for sales like that.

I realise I'm a naturally cynical person but I do suspect that these deals are very profitable for the hospital.

Probably even the smallest thing is magnified, causing further investigation / further fees. People (understandably) don't wish to put their health at risk and so are easy targets for sales like that.

Well I would presume that most hospitals are like that in Thailand but for me I just need a health check up; should something be amiss then I believe I am able to make a distinction between being fleeced or being in trouble medically. It was after I had a check-up a couple of years back that I found I had a bladder tumour, I took a second check-up at another hospital (without informing them as to why) and they did indeed tell me I had a tumour which was big enough to be worried about. The resulting operation found it to be benign but I am thankful to the hospital for being professional about the whole thing and laying out my options. To leave it be and not be operated on was not one of those options that I chose to agree with.

I need blood check ups at least once a year and this for me is a good way of doing it although I have now moved towards the summer option as I believe that does give a better deal for both I and my babe.

Well I would presume that most hospitals are like that in Thailand but for me I just need a health check up; should something be amiss then I believe I am able to make a distinction between being fleeced or being in trouble medically. It was after I had a check-up a couple of years back that I found I had a bladder tumour, I took a second check-up at another hospital (without informing them as to why) and they did indeed tell me I had a tumour which was big enough to be worried about. The resulting operation found it to be benign but I am thankful to the hospital for being professional about the whole thing and laying out my options. To leave it be and not be operated on was not one of those options that I chose to agree with.

I need blood check ups at least once a year and this for me is a good way of doing it although I have now moved towards the summer option as I believe that does give a better deal for both I and my babe.

I'm certainly not against check-ups, but you have to be wary of the medical mumbo jumbo scaring you into having some tests or procedures you don't need. Your getting a second opinion seems eminently sensible.

this may happen but personally I have never heard of this type of chicanery at bph. They never told me I need any extra after my pre paid package.