Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sexy man

Convection Ovens

im thinking of buying a convection oven ,are they any good . only around 1300 baht

convection ovens rock, but you need to know how to use one....might take a few disasters before you get the hang.

Also, 1300 baht.....don't expect anything remotely close to being decent. A toaster oven with a low grade fan.....

Guest sfib

im thinking of buying a convection oven ,are they any good . only around 1300 baht

I take it you mean one of the bench top things, i have one, cost $39, great IMHO

Got a German brand one delivered from Germany last year 10000 baht, excellent, use it all the time.

Guest Melody

You mean one of those "goldfish bowl" type things, where you arrange everything in the bowl, and place the lid on, which contains the fan and heating element?

http://smartstore.com.au/smartstore/Aldi/convection-oven/pic1.jpg

If so, they are good (great in fact) until after a few weeks, and the bowl, and glass lid gets more and more difficult to keep clean. The metal parts start to rust,and, along with the coating that builds up on the halogen heating element cooking times adversely.

But, like i said, they are great for a few weeks

Melody

The glass bowl on mine cracked after a few uses,you can buy them with steal bowls in Big C Extra.

Guest sfib

The glass bowl on mine cracked after a few uses,you can buy them with steal bowls in Big C Extra.

I was skeptical as f**k when I bought my Ha brook one for $39, and I use it probably 2-4 times a week, for the past 5 months, and I am pretty sure its cost has saved me on electricity more than its cost.

I have one, use it all the time. Frozen french fries, drop bisquits, frozen pizza, cakes, cookies, and brownies. Heats up quickly and cools off quickly.

I have a convection oven microwave , had it probably 5 years and its brilliant . I think on this thread there is confusion with the halogen ovens that cook by heated bulb in glass bowl .....seen quite a lot nowadays advertised on tv