Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Major Eazy

Samsung Galaxy Dual-sim Handset

Thinking of acquiring one of these handsets before flying back to the UK next week.

Where's best to purchase here - or should I not bother and pick one up at home instead?

Some of their models aren't available to buy in the UK, though all should work there just fine.

Thanks. :bow:

Guest Carp Trader

Why do you need 2 Sims boss?

I use one for outgoing calls the other incoming.....

Why do you need 2 Sims boss?

I have a 'personal' SIM & a 'business' SIM back home.

Prefer not to carry 2 phones around, and I see Samsung in particular introducing many more "Duos" handsets across their range.

Still no recommendations, per OP, though... :unworthy:

I have a 'personal' SIM & a 'business' SIM back home.

Prefer not to carry 2 phones around, and I see Samsung in particular introducing many more "Duos" handsets across their range.

Still no recommendations, per OP, though... :unworthy:

The big electronics shop in Central might be your best bet.

I saw quite a few samsung handsets and some were Duos. Good selection including the phone tablet, think its called the note. The samsung galaxy grand was one of the duos phones i saw and it was about 10500. No idea if its good, but it looked decent enough.

I personally would buy here rather than UK as they tend to come locked to a service provider in the UK. Even if you buy them sim free they can lock to the first sim you put in. Not sure if that is the case with a dual sim phone.

Worth checking online with the UK stores on the prices though. In my experience the electronics here aren't as well priced the UK.

Hope that helps.

Was in Central today. The shop i was referring to in my post is called Power Buy and its on the 3rd floor.

The only two Duos phones i could see in the samsung range were the galaxy grand and the galaxy s (i think). The grand is indeed 10500, and the S is 5900.

The grand has a 5" screen whereas the S is a bit more like the size of an iphone, but its thinner.

They have Sony Xperia dual sim phones as well.

There is a samsung shop as well, and the prices are the same in there.

Was in Central today. The shop i was referring to in my post is called Power Buy and its on the 3rd floor.

The only two Duos phones i could see in the samsung range were the galaxy grand and the galaxy s (i think). The grand is indeed 10500, and the S is 5900.

The grand has a 5" screen whereas the S is a bit more like the size of an iphone, but its thinner.

They have Sony Xperia dual sim phones as well.

There is a samsung shop as well, and the prices are the same in there.

Cool - thanks very much for your assistance.

I did have a look around the 5th-floor at Central before, but will give it another whirl before I leave.

Need to pop-in to see 'Lone Ranger' in any case.

Cheers,

:unworthy:

Cool - thanks very much for your assistance.

I did have a look around the 5th-floor at Central before, but will give it another whirl before I leave.

Need to pop-in to see 'Lone Ranger' in any case.

Cheers,

:unworthy:

No worries, hope you found the phone you wanted.