Latest News
  • *** SUCK MY COCK YOU FUCKING SNIDE CUNTS *** FIRTH is a word we must not forget , KEEP THE KIDS SAFE *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** KARMA IS A FUCKING BITCH ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Guest sa-teef

Currency Exchange Rate On The Street Today

Guest firth1974

Seems to be going back in the right direction now.

Any idea how much the local gold price is now?

Guest sa-teef

Seems to be going back in the right direction now.

Any idea how much the local gold price is now?

It's been dropping. I know some Thai ladies (one in particular) that's been buying a half baht here, a half baht there.

I'm in for the day after a photo tour of LK Metro this noon. Gotta work on those this afternoon and start a new string.

I'll snap it again tomorrow. :)

Guest sa-teef

19 July 2013 on the street.

19July2013_zps120cba66.jpg

I got busy snapping pics at a construction site and forgot all about the gold price. Sorry firth1974. :no

I'll make myself a note for tomorrow.

DSC01783July_zps3a038f80.jpg

Guest sa-teef

20 July 2013 on the street.

20July2013_zpse395b243.jpg

It's Saturday and some of the gold shops are closed for the big weekend, but it looks like gold is on the rise again.

29julygold_zpsfd060532.jpg

selling: 19,050.

buying: 18,950

..if I'm reading that correctly?

Great thread this, not just for the Xrate but also the people caught in shot, its like people watching without being there

Great thread this, not just for the Xrate but also the people caught in shot, its like people watching without being there

+1

Guest sa-teef

GBP like a Yo Yo from Day to Day.Love the thread,keep the updates coming....Cheers

Glad to hear you guys make use of it.

I have a full day planned for tomorrow so I'm not sure if it will get posted or not, but I'll be back at it the next day.

Guest chang_paarp

This thread makes the exchange rate relevant, it reminds me of the exchange rate game I like to play when in Pattaya. Far more real than the FX rates on the front page of my web browser.

I have been sending money home over the last week and I have been getting a rate of between 47.21 and 47.77 to change Thai baht into pounds. A small change can make a big difference if changing up oodles.

its terrible that i am praying for the baht to remain above 40 to the euro when its not so long ago that i was getting 50

For Android users, a usefull little app called "Thai Baht Best Money Exchanger" , which gives the best rates available at any given time.

For Pattaya, best value usually is Yenjit Exchange (main office PS Plaza, but have booths in WS, Jomtien etc).

Guest Carp Trader

The place on buckfast just before nature view hotel seems to give good rates for cash....

Guest sa-teef

They are too busy eating and playing with their phones

Most days. But at the blue booth (the one I took today whose rate tracks TT Currency Exchange) they have smiled and mooned for me in the past. I usually smile and give them a nod after I take the pic and they often reciprocate.

Apparently I'm not the only person snapping the rates? A few days back an older gentleman on a moto pulled up and snapped a pic of the rate while I was there and then drove away.

This isn't an up-to-date photo of the day's rate. It was taken July 20. This booth at top of Soi 7 near 2nd Road gives the same rate as the other non-bank booths, maybe a satang or two lower for the USD. But it is useful as it accepted two raggedy US$100 bills that the other booths had rejected (I'd been holding them for ages, always forgot to take them back with me to the US). It also isn't worried about the series, which some of the banks are.

Evil

post-276-0-71167100-1374758175_thumb.jpg

This isn't an up-to-date photo of the day's rate. It was taken July 20. This booth at top of Soi 7 near 2nd Road gives the same rate as the other non-bank booths, maybe a satang or two lower for the USD. But it is useful as it accepted two raggedy US$100 bills that the other booths had rejected (I'd been holding them for ages, always forgot to take them back with me to the US). It also isn't worried about the series, which some of the banks are.

Evil

attachicon.gifIMGP4653.JPG

That is good info Evil and even for the more experienced visitors its worth a reminder - If you take cash to Thailand do yourself a favour and make sure the notes are in good condition.

I have had no end of trouble in the past at banks in Udon, there are no exchange booths and some of the "banknote nazis" seem to delight in refusing to change even slightly crumpled notes. Bruce forbid a small tare, writing or old note.

Thanks for taking the time Sateef, great thread :unworthy:

i have always found the exchange on soi lk metro (accross the road and about 3 doors down from the rocky) to be very competitive with their rates

Guest routeman

i have always found the exchange on soi lk metro (accross the road and about 3 doors down from the rocky) to be very competitive with their rates

As I did until this last trip, when even getting a better rate than advertised for changing $2000 NZ the rate was still lower than TT around the corner!