Latest News
  • *** SUCK MY COCK YOU FUCKING SNIDE CUNTS *** FIRTH is a word we must not forget , KEEP THE KIDS SAFE *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** KARMA IS A FUCKING BITCH ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest sa-teef

Currency Exchange Rate On The Street Today

Pounds steaming ahead today. I just changed up a wad of Thai baht to pounds and the worst rate I got was 47.77 and best was 47.21, today it is 48.18. Now I know this is looking at things the other way around but on the money I have just sent to the UK I have saved about 300 pounds on today's rate. I have now set my finances well balanced for living here in Thai baht, investing in sterling with the view that the pound will offer better returns in the future. That is just my honest opinion. I personally think a bubble will emerge here. The debt % seems to be rising here for the lower income earners, there's a lot of people pushing their credit limits with the banks etc, I just see trouble. I won't get into a debate on that statement but I see a few signs here now that were evident just before the crash of the western economies.

had this one refused today from multiple places

attachicon.gif3.jpg

It's very hard to get any money changer to accept a bill that has a rip or piece missing. I've heard that American Express in Bangkok will change such bills for card holders, but I don't know if that's true.

Evil

Thought I would try it they surely won't take it in the Philippines.

You ever seen another country that gives lower rates for 1,2, 5 and 20 USD notes?

Same system in Indonesia as in Thailand. I remember years ago in the Middle East, you got a better rate for $100 bills than smaller USD denominations. I seldom carry more than $100 in tens or twenties and it's been a long time since I changed anything smaller than $100 in any country, so I'm not really sure. I don't think it's common, though, internationally for different rates on different denominations.

Do travelers checks get a better rate and if so how much better?

They do a get a better rate than cash but is it worth it for the cost. It may be better for the safety factor but depends on the cost/commission paid to buy the travelers cheques in the first place whether or not it is financially beneficial. That all depends on who you buy from. Just for example yesterday at close the chart below shows the rates. The telex transfer rate is the rate you would get if you sent money to Thailand to a bank account over here or if you purchased goods in THB.

post-2161-0-96688200-1374892420_thumb.pn

They do a get a better rate than cash but is it worth it for the cost. It may be better for the safety factor but depends on the cost/commission paid to buy the travelers cheques in the first place whether or not it is financially beneficial. That all depends on who you buy from. Just for example yesterday at close the chart below shows the rates. The telex transfer rate is the rate you would get if you sent money to Thailand to a bank account over here or if you purchased goods in THB.

attachicon.gifRates.PNG

Thanks mate.

the pound seams to be good ...

im wondering whether to send some money over while the exchange is good..

Me too!

Tough call, who knows which direction it is heading. Send some now and some later is a thoughtful suggestion.

Guest sa-teef

Is 31.24 the best its been in a while?

About the best it's been since last August?

post-872-0-09923200-1375281697_thumb.jpg

Guest sa-teef

1 August 2013 in Pattaya.

I post these guys as well as TT Currency Exchange because the blue booth opposite yellow bank on Soi Bhuakow seems to shadow TT very closely.

1Aug2013_zps6de9d8bb.jpg

Guest chang_paarp

Aussie dollar is terrible :(

Getting worse by the day. :ouch: Was below 90c US today.

Guest firth1974

Slightly off topic, but sat at terminal 1 Heathrow right now, and the exchange rate for Euro's is 1.02 to £1. That's shite. Last time I used an exchange place like this I got 1.33 to the pound.

On a different note, Amex are charging 41.5 baht to the pound. Better to change up in Thailand.

Guest firth1974

An ATM in Europe might be a better choice

In the local high street in Hounslow, we have lots of these pawn shops/gold shops popping up lately. Changed money with them, yesterday at a rate of 1.1259 to the £. Better than a ATM rate in a European bank.

Guest sa-teef

The bogan peso not looking good.

The term bogan (/ˈbɡən/)[1] is Australian and New Zealand slang, usually pejorative or self-deprecating, for an individual who is recognised to be from an unsophisticated background or someone whose speech, clothing, attitude and behaviour exemplifies a lack of manners and education.[2] While bogan is widely recognised, localised names exist that describe the same or very similar groups of people

```````````````````````

The Wiki is my friend.