Latest News
  • *** SUCK MY COCK YOU FUCKING SNIDE CUNTS *** FIRTH is a word we must not forget , KEEP THE KIDS SAFE *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** KARMA IS A FUCKING BITCH ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Guest sa-teef

Currency Exchange Rate On The Street Today

I've just sent over 600 pounds and the cost from the UK was 9 pounds, so a total of 609.00

I've just looked a my K bank and i got 28'323.39, so i guess the charge in thailand maybe around 200 baht.

so that works out at 47.20 to the pound on transfers from the UK..

but on there k bank site it shows that i get 29'169.75 less the handling charge from k bank which is around 200 baht.

so if you less the k bank charge of 200 baht that means theres some of my baht somewhere....

i've never looked at this before and i did ask once when i was in pattaya but the girl asked me for a copy of k bank rates for that day on which she know i wouldn't take a copy.....

but this morning i was looking to see if the money had landed and it didn't show so i've just looked now and it landed...

ok i know its not a lot of money but its sort... and if they are doing this to every one the money is adding up..

post-53412-0-67971400-1376401393_thumb.j

Guest sa-teef

14 August 2013.

Yesterday they were painting the metal framework.

14August20134_zps70835288.jpg

Today they had new signs laying in the street at 1 pm.

14August20132_zps7a493074.jpg

That's the exchange rate BTW.

14August20131_zpsf80f3f17.jpg

And at 3 pm both of the signs were up on the building.

14August20133_zpsba6e0105.jpg

On the subject, the robbers at Swampy aerodrome have now widen the gap from airport rate to city rate on changing from sterling to a full baht ...Only 46 point nik noi was on offer there on Tues night...

I am so happy I bought 55000 pounds back a month ago, today it would have cost me 100,000 baht more to buy the same sterling amount. There is a god. That will pay for next years medical insurance for the babe and me. Sweet!

Guest Bazle

I am so happy I bought 55000 pounds back a month ago, today it would have cost me 100,000 baht more to buy the same sterling amount. There is a god. That will pay for next years medical insurance for the babe and me. Sweet!

Only if you sell it again now!

Only if you sell it again now!

No I had to send money back to the UK to add to some of my offshore funds. I am better off by 100,000 baht from what I would have to pay now to send the same money. I have made a saving which will pay for my medical insurance in a couple of days. The money saved is being put to use.

I could of course send the money back and get more baht than I sent in the first place but the money has already made me 1.5% interest in 1 month, I am averaging 12% a year on my offshore funds and that's in a recession. Lump on.

Guest Bazle

No I had to send money back to the UK to add to some of my offshore funds. I am better off by 100,000 baht from what I would have to pay now to send the same money. I have made a saving which will pay for my medical insurance in a couple of days. The money saved is being put to use.

Sorry - don't follow the logic.

Following through with your thinking, if the rate changes to, say, 60, next month then you will be another, say, 500,000 Baht "better off" - and you will be able to buy a great vacation :)

Guest Carp Trader

I could of course send the money back and get more baht than I sent in the first place but the money has already made me 1.5% interest in 1 month, I am averaging 12% a year on my offshore funds and that's in a recession. Lump on.

Interest ? 12% PA ... What bank is offering that ?

Guest Carp Trader

Not a bank the stock market. S&P 500 returned 16% last year

Not a bank the stock market. S&P 500 returned 16% last year

He stated interest mate...

Most of my money is in funds that are not aligned with how the stock market is performing. Non correlated is the word I believe. They are safe (low risk) funds. I can't show you my funds but be assured I am making above my safe level of 08-10% I was expecting. I have not had a fund lose money in one month out of the last 2 years, they have made money every month and yes I am making about 12% interest on my capital each year which is being reinvested for the future. They are funds which expect to be left for minimum 5 years. Of course they could go down as well as up but they haven't and I believe I have a great financial advisor who works out of Bangkok. I was put onto him by a few of my mates, some of which have taken money out of their funds over the years..

Sorry - don't follow the logic.

Following through with your thinking, if the rate changes to, say, 60, next month then you will be another, say, 500,000 Baht "better off" - and you will be able to buy a great vacation :)

Well you could be right.

I had to send some money to the UK to buy sterling and a certain amount of baht was needed to buy the sterling I wanted. I am glad I was able to buy that sterling last month as if I had sent that money (baht) to purchase that amount of sterling today I would have had to add another 100000 baht to do it. I was not sure when I was able to send that money so I am happy it was a month ago as opposed to today. There is a saving in baht terms (same Sterling) so I am happy.

Of course it could go to 60, wouldn't that be nice for those coming on holiday or who get paid in GBP. For me I am now in a position where I have balanced my finances both in Baht and Sterling. I doubt I will be sending any Thai baht back to the UK in the future.

Guest Carp Trader

Most of my money is in funds that are not aligned with how the stock market is performing. Non correlated is the word I believe. They are safe (low risk) funds. I can't show you my funds but be assured I am making above my safe level of 08-10% I was expecting. I have not had a fund lose money in one month out of the last 2 years, they have made money every month and yes I am making about 12% interest on my capital each year which is being reinvested for the future. They are funds which expect to be left for minimum 5 years. Of course they could go down as well as up but they haven't and I believe I have a great financial advisor who works out of Bangkok. I was put onto him by a few of my mates, some of which have taken money out of their funds over the years..

Why can't you tell the name of the funds ?

So it's not interest it's a return on an investment ...

Why can't you tell the name of the funds ?

So it's not interest it's a return on an investment ...

I see it as interest on my money but you are right it is % return on my capital. It is not constant and fluctuates, luckily it has been fluctuating upwards of late.

I don't mind advising roughly how much return I am getting but won't mention the funds. My financial advisor just does a good job and I am pleased about that.

If you were serious about investing in your future I could advise my financial advisor to call you. There is a minimum amount he needs invested before he will talk.

For your info the money goes straight from my bank to the fund management, it never goes via the advisor. I have constant view of my funds via the investment company's website.

Guest Carp Trader

I am interested in any fund that delivers that , what funds are you on that they go direct you must know the name and code number ....

I am interested in any fund that delivers that , what funds are you on that they go direct you must know the name and code number ....

I do but I don't like talking about my finances like most people. I don't discuss my funds to my girlfriend or my friends who have portfolios with the same guy. You would need to talk with a financial advisor to find the best solution for you. I just happen to deal with a guy who I believe is good at his job. I will leave it at that.

For your info I did say I have taken a low risk approach, I am aware that not all funds are doing the same as some like to take a higher risk capability than me. I just have a good portfolio of low risk (term) funds.

It's shuteye for me now.

Guest Carp Trader

I do but I don't like talking about my finances like most people. I don't discuss my funds to my girlfriend or my friends who have portfolios with the same guy. You would need to talk with a financial advisor to find the best solution for you. I just happen to deal with a guy who I believe is good at his job. I will leave it at that.

For your info I did say I have taken a low risk approach, I am aware that not all funds are doing the same as some like to take a higher risk capability than me. I just have a good portfolio of low risk (term) funds.

It's shuteye for me now.

You are not being asked to discuss your finances, just the funds you are getting the 12% return on, I won't invest in any fund unless I can see the track record and risk rating, I use Hargreaves and Lansdown in UK but am interested in offshore.

At my age I am low risk also, the time for big risk is when you are younger,,,, but even 8% year on year is a great return bearing in mind it's low risk.

The best solution for me is to get low risk 8% return funds mate ...... Feel free to PM the funds name and code numbers....

Cheers

Guest Carp Trader

Will pm over weekend, hitting the sack now. Tapatalk is not my friend lol

Sent from my GT-I9500

Cheers mate, your old mob have done well for me... BA maybe 2 and half years ago, I was advised if you held 200 plus BA shares you got discounts on flights of 10% , I think it's been dropped since the Spanish merger. I have not been able to track it down,,,.. Anyway I bought 201... They are worth 80% more now...

Should have lumped on..

Cheers

Guest Mr Pastry

I bought shares on Centamin last month and they are doing well

Not that I know anything about the financial world, being scum, but they have certainly inreased in value.

Not so good on the Greek Drachma I bought last year though :realmad: