Latest News
  • *** rockhouses 13 th year anniversary party monday 12 th of november *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** rockhouses 13 th year anniversary party monday 12 th of november *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest buriramboy

Looking for a job in Thailand, try the sites listed in this thread.

Guest inspector

This is good. TY. More please.

I tried looking on Bangkok Post's jobjob and in the papers when I was there. I did apply to a few places, but no luck. I'm unavailable now for a year since I accepted another commitment but that will give me time to try my luck with this site as well.

Guest buriramboy
This is good. TY. More please.

If i come across them, i'll post them, anything there for you there seems a wide variety of jobs on that site????

Guest inspector
If i come across them, i'll post them, anything there for you there seems a wide variety of jobs on that site????

Will get back to you, but it looks like a good site.

Fantastic/ Wish I had had all this 6 months ago. I might be in my way to LOS instead of Europe if I had.

These are the two I know:

http://www.nesglobal.com/nes-global-asia

http://www.jobjob.co.th/en

Guest buriramboy

Some great sites there CampariO, now all i got to do is get some qualifications!!!!!!

Some great sites there CampariO, now all i got to do is get some qualifications!!!!!!

Need my help and photoshop? Can make Prof. Dr. Buriramboy out of you in no time. :whistling:

Guest Pedro

Most of the places you mention are advertising jobs for Thai Nationals.

Guest inspector

Comaprio and BB,

Thanks for posting these and if you have more please post again or even PM me the link. I haven't had time to check the sites out (they are bookmarked, as is this thread) because I am packing for a move (and storage of effects) for a job in Spain for mid-June.

LOS is my dream, and I will start looking again when I have the time and my comittment in Spain nears its end (about 1 year from July 4).

I will also start a thread here, per Casper's advice, when the time is right. For now, if your eyes or ears happen to pass, by coincidence, something a technical author with >a degree in mechanical engineering, certifications in IT support (CompTIA) and experience as a writer in aerospace, defence, and turbines< can do, please PM me.

Sometimes the best jobs are the ones others just happen to find by accident and pass along. A neighboring Asian country would be acceptable also and in LOS, a salary that is even half of a western one would be great.

I am not asking anyone to look FOR me, but if you happen to glance such a position (BKK my dream), then I would be grateful for the info. Beer(s) for a solid lead to an ad or a contact that at least gets me an interview.

Cheers

Guest buriramboy

^If you have a degree in mechanical engineering maybe send Stinky a pm, he's in that field i believe and seems to know what is going on as in who's hiring. Don't be put off by his board persona he's actually a top bloke.

Guest inspector
^If you have a degree in mechanical engineering maybe send Stinky a pm, he's in that field i believe and seems to know what is going on as in who's hiring. Don't be put off by his board persona he's actually a top bloke.

Thanks. If he frequented RH in Feb, I may already know him in person. Stunky, may I PM you?

These are the links I am currently looking at and posting my CV on.

Some are not for TH or have few jobs in TH on offer, some are more specific for the jobfield I am looking for (engineering/worldwide). On most of the sites you will be able to upload your CV and you can get job offers per email.

Maybe they will be of interest to anybody.

Good God, I'm drowning. How did you find so many Compario?

Good God, I'm drowning. How did you find so many Compario?

One way is using the search engine and look out for job sites. Just by typing "job" or "recruitment" you will get thousands of links, most of them are popular but might not be good for your specific job.

It is not easy to find a good site that suites your needs, there are so many out there and it takes some time to access them and find out whether they

-are up todate,

-have many available jobs that are interesting for you,

-allow CV uploads,

-send new jobs per mail (you don't really want or have the time to access them every other day and do a search)

-cover the country/job field, etc,

-are free (some charge a commission if you get the job but you have to pay in advance a deposite - you never know if it is a scam - or you have to pay to access certain posts)

and so on.

Make a list about what you expect from the site (like CV upload) and use this list for google. You will get better results.

Use this list as checklist to find out if the site suites you, then upload your documents or fill out the webbased CV. Otherwise you waste a lot of time with shitty sites.

Some job searchengines where you can't post your CV have jobs from different recruiting companies. You then can access the recruiting company website and upload a CV.

The other way is to put some topics regarding your jobfield in google and you will get more sites that are better for your individual situation. Use some words that ar ecommonly used in job ads to avoid getting links not related to jobs.

When you found an interesting job ad, copy some part of it into google and you will get more sites where the job ad is posted.

Or check out the company itself, they might have their own website where you can upload your CV.

For the mailing lists it is important to select the search criteria to get really only the jobs that interests you.

Don't select too many criteria as some jobs will not be included that would have been your choice, but if you are too broad then you will get maybe 50 ads from 20 different sites and you spend too much time filtering/reading them.

Guest inspector

Where is Stinky these days? For that matter, where have so many BMs gone and why?

Guest MotorMouth
Where is Stinky these days? For that matter, where have so many BMs gone and why?

perhaps they all got proper jobs

Guest inspector
perhaps they all got proper jobs

I thought posting inane comments, nude pics and using the word 'cunt' excessively was a proper job. If so, many farang are gainfully employed.

If you have a degree in mechanical engineering maybe send Stinky a pm, he's in that field i believe and seems to know what is going on as in who's hiring.

I'm not one to go around spreading gossip, so I will try to stay factual here.

Unless the aforementioned is going to pawn you off on one of his former (awful) employers that he either walked out on or was fired from, he's not going to help you get a job in his field, same as most expats in LOS or expats virtually anywhere outside their own home country.

I've seen guys send others on wild goose chases on purpose to try & slow them down from getting a decent job, because they were in the same discipline & I suppose they figure the more out there who can't find a job in that field the more opportunity remains for them to fall back on.

These are the links I am currently looking at and posting my CV on.

I was hired from JobsDb.com once, anyone else had any luck getting hired & from which site ?

he's not going to help you get a job in his field, same as most expats in LOS or expats virtually anywhere outside their own home country.

I've seen guys send others on wild goose chases on purpose to try & slow them down from getting a decent job, because they were in the same discipline & I suppose they figure the more out there who can't find a job in that field the more opportunity remains for them to fall back on.

I was hired from JobsDb.com once, anyone else had any luck getting hired & from which site ?

I am not taking the piss, but I agree with you LY about the unhelpful expat, I have seen and heard of such people. That being said I also know some absolute diamonds who are the complete opposite and I am lucky enough to call them friends.

Was thinking about doing a thread on job seeking in Thailand myself but have decided an informal meeting with Davyson at Home Run or Lockhouse in November was the better option.

No harm in checking out a few sites in the meantime if anyone knows any (preferably not run by some short arsed canadian shyster) ^_^

No offence mate :rolleyes:

Inspector is living and working in Thailand at the moment so I guess the links posted are pretty decent

so a question for the workers already working in SE asia whats the chances of a 55 year old kiwi with 30 years of fitter/welder in pulp and paper and steel refinery last 10 in supervisory positions.Getting a oil rig or some decent job in asia