Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mulphy

Who Has Tried The Food At The Rockhouse So Far ?

So we are opened close on a month now and its time to start pushing the food side of the bar as so far up to now I've kept it low key trying to get things right .

I am pleased to say anything that is coming out of the kitchen is pretty good and in some cases second to none that I have found anywhere in pattaya so far .

I'm trying to go through the menu slowly to try and taste for myself and see for myself what he food is like in order to quality control it .

So far I've had the breakfast , the chilli , sirlion steak , fish n chips chicken Penang , chicken fried rice , steamed rice , minced beef and onion pie , hamburger , steak fries , chicken madras , gammon steak .

The only ingredient I haven't been happy with is the hamburger pattie which I am looking to change .

Other than that I am very happy with what is coming out of he kitchen .

I will try and get pictures of each meal as it comes out of the kitchen and post it .

So have you tried us yet ?

Do you intend to try us ?

If you have tried us or intend to try us please also post a picture of your meal and give us feedback .

The breakfast and the steak and the steak fries in particular I think are the best .

Agreed, gammon was good as was the bacon & egg roll but the burger pattie was not the best. Steak fries also v good.

Also the menu layout could be improved IMHO.

Menu has already been completely re done is sitting on my memory stick at the moment and will be uploaded and printed very very soon .

Now much easier to follow .

Agreed, gammon was good as was the bacon & egg roll but the burger pattie was not the best. Steak fries also v good.

Also the menu layout could be improved IMHO.

fries also v good. :bitenails:

Look forward to trying the food when I am there next. A/C is fairly important for me, as I suffer in the heat.

Have every intention of trying the food when I get to Pattaya, I'll be ready for it after four days up in the village. Definitely the breakfast, maybe fish and chips if the fish is battered and probably a steak if very rare is possible.

So far I've had the breakfast , the chilli , sirlion steak , fish n chips chicken Penang , chicken fried rice , steamed rice , minced beef and onion pie , hamburger , steak fries , chicken madras , gammon steak .

What you going to have tomorrow? lol

Had the Chilli once, and agree on the critic I read here some days ago .... It is quite spicy (good) but the wrong spices.

I've had two meals so far: the chili and the gammon steak, girlfriend had a Thai dish. As I posted, we were both well pleased with the food. When I have more time, I may throw myself into the chili debate. I definitely intend to eat again at the RH, whenever opportunity allows.

Evil

I've had the English breakfast. Very good, although the coffee wasn't freshly brewed. I posted a review and photo on the original RH food thread.

I have eaten several omelettes, chips, bacon and the chilli all were more than satisfactory.

hopefully many more of you will use us as a food venue .

although we do not claim to be a high end eatery , we are damn sure we are delivering a much better product and better quality than most pattaya eateries .

we serve wholesome pub grub , with most of the popular dishes on the menu .

trying to compete with and better some of pattayas better known eateries in as far as quality goes , think butchers arms , pig n whistle , punch n judy as our bench mark .

Yes i must make an effort to get over there and give it a go.

Been living on Muslim food for 3 weeks now as they deliver as i'm busy.

It's a little scary as i'm starting kneeling down and chanting some HEbrew bollox 3 times a day

post-47462-0-54955800-1375255786_thumb.j

Hebrew / muslim ,

Hebrew more associated with isreali jews .

anyway come try our food , I got to get it up and running with a bit more regular custom before my cook gets fed up and does a runner .

anyway come try our food , I got to get it up and running with a bit more regular custom before my cook gets fed up and does a runner .

Send all the girls over to buy clothes then I can afford the taxi fare..lol

Send all the girls over to buy clothes then I can afford the taxi fare..lol

im trying to get them to take their clothes off mate , not put more on .

however you ll come highly recommended to my staff .

Does your staff eat at the RH? Giving them a staff discount keeps the food turnover fresh, the cook busy and it looks better if they don't buy their food somewhere else.

im trying to get them to take their clothes off mate , not put more on .

however you ll come highly recommended to my staff .

If they served me breakfast naked every day I would be your size in a ***** week mate...lol

I always reciprocate,took 3 different mates/family to the Rocky in the last few weeks,they all had a good time and returned alone as I have been busy and not been out much.

If I'm in town one afternoon I'll make a point of popping in for a bite though paying 100bt to park nearby is a pain. I don't generally eat out in the evenings and I'm not usually in the rocky much before the kitchen shuts anyway, but I will try the steak next as Mike_asia says it's ok.

the steak was very nice , but my favourite meal so far was the pork loin steaks , delicious .