Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Izi

Need Condo For January And February

I used to think the same about Jontiem. But only 10 baht gets you into Pattaya in 10 minutes.

Err actually it doesn't.

Firstly the baht busses don't want to stop. I have actually been loading the baby onto the back of one when he decided to change his mind and drive off. Another second and it would have been with the child. They are cruising up and down beach road looking to be hired as a taxi.

Secondly 10 minutes?

Are you kidding??

If you are going into a condo and STAYING there in Jomtien you are good. If you have a car better. If you are walking and using public transport with a significant other and a baby you are in the middle of nowhere. Even going to the supermarket is a major operation!

In Pattaya a quick baht bus ride gets you to Big C. A 200 baht taxi gets you back with the groceries. There are food stalls everywhere and all the bars you can throw a stick at. RH and WnR around the corner.

I got a horrible feeling I am going to end up at Opey de Place or the Lek.

Well that is it for me. Got to hit the road again today having wasted all day yesterday trying to find a condo and wittering on in the forum. So much for the bookkeeping!

Can't find a condo anywhere.

The prices have gone up for stuff that is way out there. A good example is Jomtien.

I see nice places in Jomtien but there is NOTHING there. I know because I rented a condo there in 2013. It was a long walk to the beach, the baht busses don't want to stop because they are looking for a taxi fare. When you make it up to 'downtown' there is f all there. PLUS prices in the restaurants are way more than Pattaya. There is no street food, selection sucks and the nearest supermarket is 2 baht bus rides away.

This is not what I had in mind!!

Plaka says the darkside is an option.

Maybe.

Got a suggestion Phil? Something specific.

Starting to look like a hotel. That is going to be awkward when mummy and daddy want to play doctors and nurses.

BUGGER and BUGGER again!!

They started throwing up condos over here some time last year in anticipation of the floods of Russkies, I'll ask around for you, there may be some bargains.

Cheers

Guest Carp Trader

Should be around. Would be good to meet you again. Last time was Thai festival in Bristol.

Lol Gazza is not on the forum any more,,, he posted that in Jan faf...

Guest Carp Trader

Err actually it doesn't.Firstly the baht busses don't want to stop. I have actually been loading the baby onto the back of one when he decided to change his mind and drive off. Another second and it would have been with the child. They are cruising up and down beach road looking to be hired as a taxi.Secondly 10 minutes?Are you kidding??If you are going into a condo and STAYING there in Jomtien you are good. If you have a car better. If you are walking and using public transport with a significant other and a baby you are in the middle of nowhere. Even going to the supermarket is a major operation!In Pattaya a quick baht bus ride gets you to Big C. A 200 baht taxi gets you back with the groceries. There are food stalls everywhere and all the bars you can throw a stick at. RH and WnR around the corner.I got a horrible feeling I am going to end up at Opey de Place or the Lek.

I can see why they would look to get you to charter for a family , buggy and stuff....

I had a place in VT5 for a few years, so the town side of time I never had a problem getting into town , but I mixed and matched with a motorbike...

1 mile out now, perfect on a bus route so can mix and match,,, I can see why you would want to be on Dianna but as a long stayer would not suit me...

Good luck with search, there are not many 1 and 2 bed places decent ones anyway ....

Izi , here is a link,,,

[url=http://pattayacondoguide.com/condo-search-result.html?forsale_rent=rent&sortby=DESC&searcharea[]=2&search_bedrooms=1&search_bathrooms=&sliderSaleprice=500000%3B25000000&sliderPricePerSqm=1000%3B300000&sliderRent=5000%3B150000&sliderSize=20%3B500&sliderFloor=1%3B100&btsubmit=Search&txtsearchindex=&page=11]http://pattayacondoguide.com/condo-search-result.html?forsale_rent=rent&sortby=DESC&searcharea[]=2&search_bedrooms=1&search_bathrooms=&sliderSaleprice=500000%3B25000000&sliderPricePerSqm=1000%3B300000&sliderRent=5000%3B150000&sliderSize=20%3B500&sliderFloor=1%3B100&btsubmit=Search&txtsearchindex=&page=11

Thanks. I have been checking places all day. That site you gave me is all 6 month rentals minimum. I sent some emails off anyway we'll see what happens.

Looking strongly that it will be Jomtien or prattamuk hill

Err actually it doesn't.Firstly the baht busses don't want to stop. I have actually been loading the baby onto the back of one when he decided to change his mind and drive off. Another second and it would have been with the child. They are cruising up and down beach road looking to be hired as a taxi.Secondly 10 minutes?Are you kidding??If you are going into a condo and STAYING there in Jomtien you are good. If you have a car better. If you are walking and using public transport with a significant other and a baby you are in the middle of nowhere. Even going to the supermarket is a major operation!In Pattaya a quick baht bus ride gets you to Big C. A 200 baht taxi gets you back with the groceries. There are food stalls everywhere and all the bars you can throw a stick at. RH and WnR around the corner.I got a horrible feeling I am going to end up at Opey de Place or the Lek.

Never had a problem this time as have spent time there. But have experienced with a baby and partner. Try condo. I am currently in viewtalay. Have seen places for rent posted on the office windows.

Thanks. I have been checking places all day. That site you gave me is all 6 month rentals minimum. I sent some emails off anyway we'll see what happens.

Looking strongly that it will be Jomtien or prattamuk hill

Izi, in behind the building that is to the left of Nature View Hotel on Soi Boo cow there is three self contained units with their own shared pool, I think to access them you go down a small lane way on the left of the hotel or come in on Soi 27 off 3rd Road.

If you look up Nature View hotel on Google maps using the satellite image you will see more clearly what the hell I'm talking about.

I am sorry I don't have a phone number or more info, if you know someone in town perhaps they could do a drive by and get a number for you. I think I remember seeing a phone number advertised above the lane way to the left of the hotel car park, and that there is one visible from the rooms at the back of Nature View hotel.

The units are in a very good location and would probably be just what you are looking for.

Guest Carp Trader

Never had a problem this time as have spent time there. But have experienced with a baby and partner. Try condo. I am currently in viewtalay. Have seen places for rent posted on the office windows.

Lol..

Thanks everybody some good suggestions in there and I will follow up on them for the future but finally settled on a place called Grosvenor House in Pratumnak Hill.

I don't know this area and am worried that we will be isolated but I am going to give it a go. $2,000 for 2 months not dissimilar to Soleil de Siam prices.

Started getting responses to the website Carpie gave me. Some other stuff too.

Things have changed.

I am not interested in chasing bar girls anymore and don't want to drink myself silly every night either. So I will rent a motorbike and use taxis to get into town for meetups etc.

Jomtien is too damn far away and badly served despite what many say. Also I don't have but a few words of Russian.

One day Jomtien is going to be a thriving location with tons of shops, restaurants etc but right now it isn't.

Hope I haven't made a mistake.

Seeya all in January.

Back to Spartacus!

Guest Carp Trader

Thanks everybody some good suggestions in there and I will follow up on them for the future but finally settled on a place called Grosvenor House in Pratumnak Hill.I don't know this area and am worried that we will be isolated but I am going to give it a go. $2,000 for 2 months not dissimilar to Soleil de Siam prices.Started getting responses to the website Carpie gave me. Some other stuff too.Things have changed.I am not interested in chasing bar girls anymore and don't want to drink myself silly every night either. So I will rent a motorbike and use taxis to get into town for meetups etc.Jomtien is too damn far away and badly served despite what many say. Also I don't have but a few words of Russian.One day Jomtien is going to be a thriving location with tons of shops, restaurants etc but right now it isn't.Hope I haven't made a mistake.Seeya all in January.Back to Spartacus!

I think it's opposite Tara court, a 2 min walk to baht bus,,, there is a hidden gem on Soi 6 Irish Wolfhound does a decent breakfast just round the corner from you, if you walk out of place and turn left I think you are on Threpraya in 100 or so yards ?

Very near a 7/11 I think,

I may be wrong though....not far from me mate , there is always a draw back :)

Guest Carp Trader

Be careful.... :smoke:

http://www.thaiproperty.com/for_sale/commercial/pattaya/Pratumnak-Hill/Grosvenor-House_2300.html

BTW... if Jomtien badly served, than Pratumnak Hill is a desert....and the traffic really a pain in the ass....[/size]

He is far closer the baht bus route than VT2.... Your walk to the road is double his is, you need to get through two sets of lights to get to get to where he will get on and off a baht bus....

Not every building is on the top of Pratmanak lol

Avoiding those two sets of lights saves time and takes traffic issues out... He has no lights to get to walking St... and one set to get to Mikes Mall

Thanks everybody some good suggestions in there and I will follow up on them for the future but finally settled on a place called Grosvenor House in Pratumnak Hill.

I don't know this area and am worried that we will be isolated but I am going to give it a go. $2,000 for 2 months not dissimilar to Soleil de Siam prices.

Started getting responses to the website Carpie gave me. Some other stuff too.

Things have changed.

I am not interested in chasing bar girls anymore and don't want to drink myself silly every night either. So I will rent a motorbike and use taxis to get into town for meetups etc.

Jomtien is too damn far away and badly served despite what many say. Also I don't have but a few words of Russian.

One day Jomtien is going to be a thriving location with tons of shops, restaurants etc but right now it isn't.

Hope I haven't made a mistake.

Seeya all in January.

Back to Spartacus!

No worries Izi.

If your lady has a friend in Pattaya that can get a number and check out the place I posted above before you book anything it might be worth your while.

Guest Carp Trader

As always Gabor you have the wrong place :smoke:

I will check it out I am pretty confident its opposite Tara court that makes it much closer than VT2,,, we won't even discuss building B lol :smoke:

I think it's opposite Tara court, a 2 min walk to baht bus,,, there is a hidden gem on Soi 6 Irish Wolfhound does a decent breakfast just round the corner from you, if you walk out of place and turn left I think you are on Threpraya in 100 or so yards ?

Very near a 7/11 I think,

I may be wrong though....not far from me mate , there is always a draw back :)

Yes it is by Tara Court. In either case it isn't far to the main road and yes there is a 7/11 right close. Gabor's input is gratefully received but it does no good as we need minimum a 1 bedroom condo or similar. Studios don't work.

It is why I rejected VT.

I have had several emails now mostly from the website Carpie sent me. The problem is that they want me to wait until October and that is out of the question. There is no way in hell that I am going to wait a second longer to book because now I have the time and money. I do not want a situation where I wait to the last minute and then find it is too late.

I want to put this to bed and this joint at Grosvenor is doing that.

There is a pool for the baby and the beach is close by. We will just make a point of taking a taxi over to Festival so she can play in the childrens area - she loves it!

Turned Pattayaman onto it and he loves it with his kids.

It will do me good to learn more about Pattaya by staying in a different area. Also this is closer to temple so we don't have to keep going to the one on Pattaya South which is bloody congested.

And yes I go to temple before anybody says anything!

As anybody who has been paying attention will know I am a Buddhist the same as my gf. We take the baby for blessings and stuff and attend the major events.

I will rent a motorbike from Linclslad and try not to hit a Thai. Got to get over to Wok n Rok somehow.

Many thanks to everybody, you have really been super helpful.

I will definitely be checking out that place Onelilley was talking about. I will troll over there on my own to check it out.

So Grosvenor House it is. Renting from a guy called Campbell who lives there. All will be well.

Ta very much fellahs

I'm happy you are sorted, you are like me, I like to get everything arranged early, so I can relax, I hate last minute panics, the wife is totally opposite, isn't that always the case?

Yes it is by Tara Court. In either case it isn't far to the main road and yes there is a 7/11 right close. Gabor's input is gratefully received but it does no good as we need minimum a 1 bedroom condo or similar. Studios don't work.

It is why I rejected VT.

I have had several emails now mostly from the website Carpie sent me. The problem is that they want me to wait until October and that is out of the question. There is no way in hell that I am going to wait a second longer to book because now I have the time and money. I do not want a situation where I wait to the last minute and then find it is too late.

I want to put this to bed and this joint at Grosvenor is doing that.

There is a pool for the baby and the beach is close by. We will just make a point of taking a taxi over to Festival so she can play in the childrens area - she loves it!

Turned Pattayaman onto it and he loves it with his kids.

It will do me good to learn more about Pattaya by staying in a different area. Also this is closer to temple so we don't have to keep going to the one on Pattaya South which is bloody congested.

And yes I go to temple before anybody says anything!

As anybody who has been paying attention will know I am a Buddhist the same as my gf. We take the baby for blessings and stuff and attend the major events.

I will rent a motorbike from Linclslad and try not to hit a Thai. Got to get over to Wok n Rok somehow.

Many thanks to everybody, you have really been super helpful.

I will definitely be checking out that place Onelilley was talking about. I will troll over there on my own to check it out.

So Grosvenor House it is. Renting from a guy called Campbell who lives there. All will be well.

Ta very much fellahs

Glad you are sorted, be good to meet you in January.

Guest Carp Trader

As usual you are in war with the facts....

B40TKSK.pngBtsrZRu.png

Ok Gabor here are the facts, the first of the VT buildings is 200 metres from baht bus, also add in 80 metres travel inside building the second on is 400 meters.

The place IZI is looking at is 350 metres from the baht bus route on Threpraya.. so indeed closer than one of the VT buildings.

Points also to note are heading into town its down hill to baht bas so very easy, heading home its uphill so not as easy.

Also as stated, where is is proposing to stay he avoids two sets of traffic lights as you know in high season there can be quite a wait in peak times going up and down to Jomtien.

They are are facts, :smoke:

Its bang opposite Tara Court