Latest News
  • *** SUCK MY COCK YOU FUCKING SNIDE CUNTS *** FIRTH is a word we must not forget , KEEP THE KIDS SAFE *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** KARMA IS A FUCKING BITCH ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dcfc2007

Staying In Jomtien Partying In Patts

Has anyone stayed at jomtien who regularly would party in Pattaya in areas like soi lk metro, soi7, walking street?

Whats it like getting home from Jomtien in the early hours of the morning?

Any good hotel, guesthouse recommendations for jomtien?

Easy to get back anytime just hop on the baht bus almost anytime except they slow down around 4 to 5 am

Have you tried that in busy season?

Coming back to Jomtien...an other horror story... the russkies battle for the songthaews like in Stalingrad... I was good to jump on the 4th one...true, the thais organize this madness really good... there are endless crowds of the songthaews.... . not like in the past...

Yes it's the way to go.

Easy to get back anytime just hop on the baht bus almost anytime except they slow down around 4 to 5 am

Yes. Lots of baht buses did it almost every night for a year

I've heard many people say the same as Gabor.

I would prefer to stay within walking distance of where I am going to spend my dough.

If you just hop on the Baht bus, and you're the first customer, they will tell you it's 200 Baht to Jomtien.

For a couple weeks it is worth the effort take baht bus or (80-100 baht) motocycle ; Often in the evening around 5-7 PM the traffic slows up the baht buses enough that you'll want to jump off at Marine Disco street and just go to Walking Street. Lately the baht buses have chased everyone off once it reaches South Street; once it went to Soi 13/3 (4?) and turned down it so everyone hopped off. The bahtbus back to Jomtien lately has been active with lots of people but lots of bahtbuses too.

I'd imagine that in your time period there won't be so much traffic, give Jomtien a try. My suggestion is to split your stay between Pattaya and Jomtien. Do Jomtien the first week, if you don't like the commute you can fill a couple nights in the bars on Jomtien and then move to Pattaya.

It depends to some degree on where in Jomtien you're staying and what time of year you're talking about. I lived in View Talay 5C between Feb. 2012 and Feb. 2013. I moved into central Pattaya (View Talay 6) since it became such a hassle to get into town (20-30 baht buses would go past without stopping, either because they were full or were dead-heading back to 2nd Road to handle the crowds there).

However, a couple of provisos: if you live farther south than View Talay 5, it may not be as big a problem. The buses usually filled up in front of the 7/11 at the curve onto Jomtien Beach Road by the police station. South of that point, it's not that hard to get a seat.

Holidays of any kind were especially difficult , but between April and October, it wasn't a major problem except on Friday or Saturday nights. Also, no problem ever before about 5 p.m., with "rush hour" between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.

Getting back to Jomtien was also a hassle, but that was due to all the pushing, shoving, queue jumping, etc., not a lack of buses. Seen more than one drunk Russian girl projectile vomit on the way back to Jomtien, luckily, I wasn't sitting across from them.

Bottom line: except for Songkran, it shouldn't be too difficult to get to/from Jomtien during April/May.

Evil