Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

I had dinner last night at the Wok N Rok on Soi Bukhao. It was nice to see several other P-L members there as well.

post-276-0-27465100-1405201907_thumb.jpg

post-276-0-40048200-1405201901_thumb.jpg

post-276-0-53593300-1405201917_thumb.jpg

I went with the Peking spare ribs (145 baht) and the duck in orange sauce (165 baht) with boiled rice (30 baht). It tasted great.

post-276-0-91125500-1405201998_thumb.jpg

post-276-0-86773100-1405202003_thumb.jpg

The ribs were indeed Peking style, cooked tender and the sauce had the right flavor.

post-276-0-05082100-1405202087_thumb.jpg

post-276-0-83631700-1405202095_thumb.jpg

post-276-0-40813400-1405202100_thumb.jpg

The generous portion of duck breast was also tender and moist.

post-276-0-53031500-1405202105_thumb.jpg

post-276-0-06754300-1405202109_thumb.jpg

The orange sauce wasn't too sweet or dominating and had an appropriate acidity that complemented the richness of the duck.

post-276-0-73129800-1405202122_thumb.jpg

post-276-0-68870600-1405202128_thumb.jpg

post-276-0-13872200-1405202119_thumb.jpg

The sauces are one of the things that impress me most about th Wok N Rok. They are far better than what comes with a lot of the Chinese take-away dishes you get in the West. The Wok N Rok has new service staff (very friendly and attentive) and Ouy's dishes hold the same high standard they've always done.

I lived and worked in Taiwan and China for parts of the 1980s and 1990s, including a three-year stint in Beijing. After experiencing real Chinese food, I wasn't very keen on the U.S. or U.K. style of Chinese food. But the high-quality ingredients, subtle flavors and care in preparation makes the Wok N Rok's offerings easy for me to accept. The sweet-and-sour sauce is close to what you'd find in many Hong Kong eateries.

Well done, Ouy!

Evil

Great report and we'll done Ouy for bouncing back. I'll check out the new staff sometime next week, probably before Fridays meeting

Great photos

Guest Carp Trader

Great report and we'll done Ouy for bouncing back. I'll check out the new staff sometime next week, probably before Fridays meeting

Great photos

Must agree, I need to get down there this week...

Evils food reports are excellent as always, great Input..

I am waiting for him to do a 35 baht soup review to keep a few patrons here happy...

the food looks great,although im not a Chinese food lover.hope the pattaya upturn starts soon

If I ever get this sodding plane ticket sorted I look forward to eating there every bloody night. Eating microwave food and salads is starting to get old!! Mind you I've lost 26 pounds.

If I ever get this sodding plane ticket sorted I look forward to eating there every bloody night. Eating microwave food and salads is starting to get old!! Mind you I've lost 26 pounds.

Gongrats Steve, well done.

Will defo have to try it after looking at the pics and reports.

Take it that W & R have proper seating and tables inside the restaurant and your not eating sat on bar stools??

Will defo have to try it after looking at the pics and reports.

Take it that W & R have proper seating and tables inside the restaurant and your not eating sat on bar stools??

what would be wrong in eating off bar stools at a bar or table , its common place in any bar that sells food .

If am going to eat at a restaurant, which am assuming W & R is, then surely you have dining tables and chairs to sit at as per norm?

If am going to a bar then yes bar stools and high tables are the norm and ok for drinks and bar snacks but def not a proper meal.

Common sense.

If am going to eat at a restaurant, which am assuming W & R is, then surely you have dining tables and chairs to sit at as per norm?

If am going to a bar then yes bar stools and high tables are the norm and ok for drinks and bar snacks but def not a proper meal.

Common sense.

well the wok n rok is a restaurant and a bar so there is a mixture of seating type .

Ok thanks for the info as the pics only show a few barstools and tables at the front so could'nt tell

Will defo try it and looks like opposite Café Pitini and Jollies on Buakow.

Ok thanks for the info as the pics only show a few barstools and tables at the front so could'nt tell

Will defo try it and looks like opposite Café Pitini and Jollies on Buakow.

Yes, there is proper table and chair seating in WnR. And yes, your location is correct.

Those dishes look great, looking forward to eating there soon.

From the directions on this thread I'm still not sure exactly where it is.

Can someone give me an idea using the Butchers Arms as a reference?

Re Chinese in Australia. I have had some terrific meals here.

I was really stoked when my local bowling club said there were opening a Chinese.

There were three lots of cooks over the last ten years and all were shite.

The last one was so bad you could hardly tell one dish from another.

They are gone now, thank ***.

Those dishes look great, looking forward to eating there soon.

From the directions on this thread I'm still not sure exactly where it is.

Can someone give me an idea using the Butchers Arms as a reference?

Re Chinese in Australia. I have had some terrific meals here.

I was really stoked when my local bowling club said there were opening a Chinese.

There were three lots of cooks over the last ten years and all were shite.

The last one was so bad you could hardly tell one dish from another.

They are gone now, thank ***.

Just walk past the Butchers arms about 80 metres up on the same side heading north (away from lk metro)