Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Izi

Building A House From Scratch In Roi Et

Just started looking at this possibility and it looks fairly good. I don't have any experience with it though.
I have seen something that is 310,000 1 bedroom 1 bathroom. Nice looking place for my family.
Not looking to do this for about year and a half so I have time to research. I realise I need to double the cost of the building so I figure 600,000.
I think it is a simple solution to a complicated problem. 600,000 is getting off light I think. I can then concentrate on other things.
Any advice?

Edited by Bruce Mangosteen: Topic title changed from "Knock Down" at OP's request.

Can't complain at that less than £12 k where is it ?

Well you buy the preconstructed house and then it is transported to your land. You have to have electricity, water hooked up and you need a septic tank or field. I am still learning about this.

They go up into the millions or as low as 149k. For a box.

There is quite a presence on Facebook and several websites out there.

GF's father has land. Nothing else but he does have land. So the idea is to clear a bit of land at the back of the house plonk in some footings and dump the prefab on top. In real money it is maybe $15,000 which I can afford. So I would just give it to her, not looking to have anything more complicated that that. If we ever split I will have done the right thing and not lost very much and can hold my head up knowing I provided for my daughter.

The idea is she lives there and meets with me when I come over. That raises other questions but one step at a time I guess.

We also want to get a business going in some way too but that is even vaguer right now.

Well you buy the preconstructed house and then it is transported to your land. You have to have electricity, water hooked up and you need a septic tank or field. I am still learning about this.

They go up into the millions or as low as 149k. For a box.

There is quite a presence on Facebook and several websites out there.

GF's father has land. Nothing else but he does have land. So the idea is to clear a bit of land at the back of the house plonk in some footings and dump the prefab on top. In real money it is maybe $15,000 which I can afford. So I would just give it to her, not looking to have anything more complicated that that. If we ever split I will have done the right thing and not lost very much and can hold my head up knowing I provided for my daughter.

The idea is she lives there and meets with me when I come over. That raises other questions but one step at a time I guess.

We also want to get a business going in some way too but that is even vaguer right now.

I'm sorry mate but this is just ludicrous. You have a young daughter. If you cant afford a condo or house as least rent something nice and secure for her not a box at the end of the garden. What happens in say 3 years time. Its. a waste of 15k

Sorry but this is not a way to say you held your head high and provided if things went tits up.

Sorry but this is not a way to say you held your head high and provided if things went tits up.

Leaving them with a home? By Thai standards I think it would be appreciated.

Izi , for probably B750,000 you could have a house built for you in the boonies with 2 bedrooms . I know this because ive done it mate

Edit ....old video from 4 years ago but i hope you get the jist .

The money is just for the house mind , not shop or everything else .

I'm sorry mate but this is just ludicrous. You have a young daughter. If you cant afford a condo or house as least rent something nice and secure for her not a box at the end of the garden. What happens in say 3 years time. Its. a waste of 15k

Your take on it is ludicrous.

Have you actually seen these?

No?

Didn't think so.

Not a box at the bottom of the garden. They are really nice, better than a condo.

It has to be this way because I already tried renting a condo and doing it that way and she walked away from it. She feels lonely and isolated. So she wants to be with her family. Nong He in Roi Et. The back of beyond. I'll never live there. I want a condo in Pattaya or Hua Hin. Then we split time. Best of both worlds.

It doen't matter what happens it is always going to be a waste of $15,000.

Izi , for probably B750,000 you could have a house built for you in the boonies with 2 bedrooms . I know this because ive done it mate

Now that might be interesting.

I am not interested in anybodys opinion as to what I am doing I am looking for i/p from somebody who has done this OR an alternative as Cat is suggesting. Practical stuff not commentary.

Guest Carp Trader

I should have brought over more cash in December and bought a condo for when I retire. The prices will only go up before then.

I thought you never liked it here ?

Now that might be interesting.

I am not interested in anybodys opinion as to what I am doing I am looking for i/p from somebody who has done this OR an alternative as Cat is suggesting. Practical stuff not commentary.

post-1845-0-30719100-1392818305_thumb.jp

Ive built on to it now (big euro kitchen) and landscaped with a wall all around . But for that kinda money you could build the same mate .

Guest Carp Trader

Izi its a good move to get her near here extended family, I have not seen the prefab houses but I was talking to a guy who is very well connected here who is building a condo the same way, most houses are single skin breeze blocks, whats key is what your girl wants.

Building them offsite and assembling in this climate I dont see a massive issue.

Guest Carp Trader

attachicon.gifPix 183.jpg

Ive built on to it now (big euro kitchen) and landscaped with a wall all around . But for that kinda money you could build the same mate .

Just the ticket for the boonies and not and arm or leg, decent toilet aircon farangish kitchen job done, price of a motor...

Guest Carp Trader

Leaving them with a home? By Thai standards I think it would be appreciated.

I agree....

Just the ticket for the boonies and not and arm or leg, decent toilet aircon farangish kitchen job done, price of a motor...

Yup cheap as chips :)

Guest Carp Trader

Yup cheap as chips :)

Shows a level of commitment and if its an improvement in their living accommodation I dont see a downside ?

Shows a level of commitment and if its an improvement in their living accommodation I dont see a downside ?

Prior to me building that in 2004 she was living in a shed on stilts with her rancid parasitic parents - didnt even have her own bedroom and was treated like a slave. The demands they made on her were fouler than a pigs arse !

Now i view them as slaves :fing37:

First thing that comes to my mind is the import tax issue.

Should qualify that by saying I have absolutely no idea if there would actually be any.................................

I tend to agree with cat though and if it were me I get a local to build something, may even be cheaper in the long run and the Mrs will gain face in the village for certain.

First thing that comes to my mind is the import tax issue.

Should qualify that by saying I have absolutely no idea if there would actually be any.................................

I tend to agree with cat though and if it were me I get a local to build something, may even be cheaper in the long run and the Mrs will gain face in the village for certain.

Yep ive seen smaller places than mine built (bungalow style) with just 1 bedroom . Very cheap and only about 2 months to build dependent on land . Mine needed a fackin great land raise that cost me a thousand quid back then - had to wait a year before they could build on it .

Some good information for you to Ponder..

I think whatever you do, you will already know all the angels as I see you as the type of guy that does his research.

Very Nice Pad there Cat. I'm glad your girl has a brighter future than was to be if she was stuck under her parents thumbs..

Very Nice Pad there Cat. I'm glad your girl has a brighter future than was to be if she was stuck under her parents thumbs..

Thanks mate , yes she is a lot happier than before, and obviously feels a lot more secure for her future .

Thank you. Now we are getting somewhere.

Super info Cat. Much appreciated.

Now I am going to bed because I am smashed.

Prior to me building that in 2004

Don't forget that was 10 years ago.

Prices in Thailand have soared and Isaan is no exception, so be prepared to pay well over a million if not 1,5 to build that same house now.

We're looking into the same , but I'd like to live in the KK area and prices are borderline silly.