Latest News
  • *** word of the day FRIENDSHIP .LOYALTY has expired*** POODLE has expired. *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** INTEGRITY was word of the day. even though we spelt it wrong . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Izi

Building A House From Scratch In Roi Et

I have been building here in southern thailand over the last year, and prices here are expensive compared to isaan, but you can build here with reasonable quality using normal standard tiles, kitchens with tiled concrete duboards and benches skirting boards , UPC windows and doors at around the 10000 baht per sq metre.

This means you could build a small Thai house with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, living room and semi-outside Thai kitchen for well under a million baht.

To give yourself an idea take a look at this website featuring building in thailand.

http://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/

I think I prefer the all wooden type complete structures you can buy in Thailand, but more for their aesthetic beauty rather than practicality, but any home is better than she was raised in, no doubt.

post-53271-0-20767800-1392856093_thumb.j

post-53271-0-56056100-1392856133_thumb.j

post-53271-0-62922300-1392856187_thumb.j

I think I prefer the all wooden type complete structures you can buy in Thailand, but more for their aesthetic beauty rather than practicality, but any home is better than she was raised in, no doubt.

attachicon.gifthai-style-wood-house-11.jpg

attachicon.gifmaison-thai-bp1.jpg

attachicon.gifmaison-thai-bp13.jpg

There are some extremely big and extremely expensive ones like that up around Chiang Mai.

I also know a German expat in Banchang who had his house built like this, and it's really beautiful.

Guest Carp Trader

They look nice but unless the wood is kiln dried I would be concerned about termites and other parasites ,,, Cats style is the way to go , with land you can always add extensions etc,

They look nice but unless the wood is kiln dried I would be concerned about termites and other parasites ,,, Cats style is the way to go , with land you can always add extensions etc,

Agreed, as I said, I only prefer them for the aesthetic beauty of the wood.

Guest landy2a

I am not sure but I think Kiln Dried timber is still be attacked by termites. On the other hand timber treated (CCA) will stop

infestation but is a bit toxic.

It has to be this way because I already tried renting a condo and doing it that way and she walked away from it. She feels lonely and isolated. So she wants to be with her family. Nong He in Roi Et. The back of beyond. I'll never live there. I want a condo in Pattaya or Hua Hin. Then we split time. Best of both worlds.

It doen't matter what happens it is always going to be a waste of $15,000.

"best of both worlds" ? ? I dont get it.

Not being with the wife you love soo much (cf previous posts), and not being with ur wonderfull child half of the time is the best of both world ? ?

Hell, LY, no need to have a wife and kid in that case, just take a regular gf or mia noi, who lives a few sois away from your place.

"best of both worlds" ? ? I dont get it.

Not being with the wife you love soo much (cf previous posts), and not being with ur wonderfull child half of the time is the best of both world ? ?

Hell, LY, no need to have a wife and kid in that case, just take a regular gf or mia noi, who lives a few sois away from your place.

Post 10

Not interested in your opinion of my relationship arrangement.

So nobody has any specific experience with the prefab houses?

Surprised I thought somebody would.

I don't want to buy land, I just want to give her somewhere safe and clean to live while I am away making money to keep the whole show on the road. Once I line it up I want it to go quick and efficiently. Standing over a builder isn't an option and I have seen some horror stories on the net also escalating prices i.e. it starts out at 500k and ends up being 1.5 mi.

A ready made house seems to offer an instant solution and at a fixed cost - relatively.

Izi,

Have a look at Teakdoor forum.

Most of the threads are related to home building and many "experts" on there.

You have probably more chance to have an answer then here.

http://teakdoor.com/forum.php

Of course, if you're not interested in my opinion ........

Thank you for the info. Useful. I am not interested in hearing about mia nois. I need solid information, up to date information preferably with photos about buying and setting up a prefab house in Issan.

Don't forget that was 10 years ago.

Prices in Thailand have soared and Isaan is no exception, so be prepared to pay well over a million if not 1,5 to build that same house now.

We're looking into the same , but I'd like to live in the KK area and prices are borderline silly.

I think you are right. Problem is I don't have a million baht right now. I am still building the business in America and this year is going to be evil. I have to come to Thailand a 2nd time, buy a trailer, start my own authority for being my own motor carrier, carry the debt from brokers until it kicks in (up to 45 days) and now I am working on organizing and absorbing the cost of a house in Issan That I shall rarely go to.

It is tricky!

Got some ideas though. I just want the baby and gf clean and safe.

attachicon.gifthai-style-wood-house-11.jpg

attachicon.gifmaison-thai-bp1.jpg

attachicon.gifmaison-thai-bp13.jpg

I really like those traditional Thai style houses and they have them in prefab for the same price. I am trying to find some examples to post here. Nice wooden houses in those photos mate. Really nice.

I really like that last one, though obviously top of the price range, it retains a beautiful Thai style shape and aspect to the building, I woud be very happy living in that one.

I really like that last one, though obviously top of the price range, it retains a beautiful Thai style shape and aspect to the building, I woud be very happy living in that one.

Yeah I like it too. I saw one that is more in the middle for 310,000 b.

The stilts idea is good if you have a flood problem we have that in Florida. However pretty sure you could buy the same house without stilts cheaper. Work in progress.

As per Carp Traders post earlier. The gf just wants somewhere that is hers and with 1 bedroom. She wants to sleep in the living room and the 2 girls in the bedroom. I will visit on odd occasions although I prefer Pattaya.

Firstly I think it isn't a bad idea the knockdown home as there are less variable costs and less headaches than dealing with Issan buuilders. In my experience there is no way you'll get a price that remains fixed or end up with what was first agreed with the general jack of no trade rice planters professional builders, especially as you won't be there.

Termites may be a problem but I believe these little buggers end their winged stage by burying underground and then later reappearing to climb up to munch wood. I've read of chaps putting a large concrete base down with a pipe system in place near the edge through which they pump insecticide at the appropriate time of year.

Guest Mr Pastry

Firstly I think it isn't a bad idea the knockdown home as there are less variable costs and less headaches than dealing with Issan buuilders. In my experience there is no way you'll get a price that remains fixed or end up with what was first agreed with the general jack of no trade rice planters professional builders, especially as you won't be there.

Termites may be a problem but I believe these little buggers end their winged stage by burying underground and then later reappearing to climb up to munch wood. I've read of chaps putting a large concrete base down with a pipe system in place near the edge through which they pump insecticide at the appropriate time of year.

Fire might be an issue too, I would imagine, as the whole lot could go up very quickly ??

Guest Arnold Ziffel

Me too.

How high are the door frames?

Well Mr Izi - I have read many time that you feel you have been blessed with luck - I believe your daughter and good lady have also been blessed with finding a gent like your good self.

Good luck with the property idea and good intentions.

Guest Mr Pastry

Possibly Mr P but I don't think his daughter smokes yet.

I was thinking more about cooking or electrical

Probably a minor point Izi, but I've stayed in those wooden houses a few times and the one negative that I noticed is that they do not stop sound from the outside very well and will be a lot noisier than a normal brick house. Nosey neighbours might hear your shagging easier too lol.

I was thinking more about cooking or electrical

Up Isaan, as you probably know, most locals cook outside the house. So Izi would have to factor in that, although I believe in his first post he doubles the cost of the "knockdown house" to cover stuff like this.

I think these houses come with all the wiring already done. How good is it? Well I'd definitely have a good look before putting my family in there.

Guest Mr Pastry

Up Isaan, as you probably know, most locals cook outside the house. So Izi would have to factor in that, although I believe in his first post he doubles the cost of the "knockdown house" to cover stuff like this.

I think these houses come with all the wiring already done. How good is it? Well I'd definitely have a good look before putting my family in there.

My missus family cook right underneath the house, and the smoke comes up through the floor boards. I couldn't believe it, first time I saw it :w00t: I guess if you have a house of wood then you have to be that extra bit careful or have it sprayed with some sort of flame retardant. I do like the look of some of the builds shown in the thread, and I presume that they are portable to some degree after the original set down.