Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Evil Penevil

Low Season? Not At Central Festival's Food Park

The bars of Pattaya may be suffering from a lack of customers, but that doesn't apply to the Food Park in the lower level of Central Festival Mall on 2nd Road. The place is crowded each and every day, mostly with Russians, Thais and other Asians.

I took the pics below at about 2.30 p.m. on March 24. It wasn't (EDIT IN to add the negative) prime time, but there were an awful lot of people eating there. The supermarket next to the Food Park was also doing a roaring trade, same-same with McDonalds, Burger King, KFC and the pharmacies.

And the food at the Food Park? It rates a unenthusiastic "OK" from me, but considering all the better options close by, I can't see any reason to eat there. The crowded long-table format doesn't appeal to me, either. In a year of living at View Talay 6 (next door to Central Festival), I ate twice at the Food Park and that was because a friend wanted to eat there.

Evil

post-276-0-75417300-1398376317_thumb.jpg

post-276-0-52245900-1398376326_thumb.jpg

post-276-0-31329800-1398376383_thumb.jpg

post-276-0-27978800-1398376387_thumb.jpg

post-276-0-94339400-1398376393_thumb.jpg

post-276-0-92851900-1398376397_thumb.jpg

post-276-0-67373000-1398376405_thumb.jpg

post-276-0-70642400-1398376413_thumb.jpg

post-276-0-65962700-1398376417_thumb.jpg

post-276-0-41104200-1398376425_thumb.jpg

post-276-0-74067800-1398376432_thumb.jpg

Fair assessment and too many euros scoffing for my liking

Thanks for piccies

Not on my list

I must admit I quite like walking around those places and seeing what I'm likely to be served before choosing :question:

I normally visit everyday when in Pattaya to have a coffee with an elderly relative .

Done a reccy of the place last weekend as Im considering taking the current Mrs Jones there for her special Birthday.

Bit pricey imo

Done a reccy of the place last weekend as Im considering taking the current Mrs Jones there for her special Birthday.

Bit pricey imo

Did u suss out if she is a normal bird or a hooker yet? :smoke:

Did u suss out if she is a normal bird or a hooker yet? :smoke:

She is not wearing shorts so she cant be a hooker - unless she is a student and from Burma ;)

Guest Steve Anders

The bars of Pattaya may be suffering from a lack of customers, but that doesn't apply to the Food Park..........is crowded each and every day.......

attachicon.gifIMGP5422.jpg

attachicon.gifIMGP5423.jpg

attachicon.gifIMGP5413.jpg

attachicon.gifIMGP5414.jpg

attachicon.gifIMGP5415.jpg

attachicon.gifIMGP5416.jpg

attachicon.gifIMGP5417.jpg

attachicon.gifIMGP5418.jpg

attachicon.gifIMGP5419.jpg

attachicon.gifIMGP5420.jpg

attachicon.gifIMGP5421.jpg

I remember on a thread a while back me trying to tell Mulphy that, about Pattaya being stone dead. The place is heaving. From the bubble of the classic beer-bar monger set, numbers seem to down, right enough. But from a more general perspective of feet on ground in this city and money running through the coffers every day, the city is doing as well as ever. It is an important distinction.

I remember on a thread a while back me trying to tell Mulphy that, about Pattaya being stone dead. The place is heaving. From the bubble of the classic beer-bar monger set, numbers seem to down, right enough. But from a more general perspective of feet on ground in this city and money running through the coffers every day, the city is doing as well as ever. It is an important distinction.

important distinction for you perhaps but not for me .

I couldn't care less how many Russians , arabs , Indians , Chinese , Koreans , Japanese are here or were here .

however as I said even including these people the town is still dead as a dodo .

All 239 tourists in Pattaya eating lunch in CF food court = Town is "heaving". LOL! :D

Pattaya is a facking ghost town at the moment. Downright eerie sometimes.

Guest Bazle

All 239 tourists in Pattaya eating lunch in CF food court = Town is "heaving". LOL! :D

Pattaya is a facking ghost town at the moment. Downright eerie sometimes.

I walked the full length of Beach Road yesterday. I can't ever remember seeing so few people on the beach.

In the evening, I ate at the Sportsman on Soi 13 and then went to WS. I had to sit at the bar at the Sportsman as there were no table seats available. It transpired it was quiz night, but it doesn't alter the fact they were doing good trade.

The two gogos I went into (Sugarbaby and Windmill) were almost full.

I walked the full length of Beach Road yesterday. I can't ever remember seeing so few people on the beach.

In the evening, I ate at the Sportsman on Soi 13 and then went to WS. I had to sit at the bar at the Sportsman as there were no table seats available. It transpired it was quiz night, but it doesn't alter the fact they were doing good trade.

The two gogos I went into (Sugarbaby and Windmill) were almost full.

Yep, no doubt a few businesses are doing well. These are probably among the businesses that will survive a cull should it (hopefully) come to pass.

Pathetic, Gabor. What satisfaction can you get from trying to disrupt a thread about a food court?

Evil

I was mentioned in this thread.... gave me the right to banter.... :smoke:

Guest chang_paarp

I was mentioned in this thread.... gave me the right to banter.... :smoke:

Gobor leave it.

You were not mentioned, you ego is writing cheques your membership does not rate.

ive eaten here a couple of times and enjoyed it.with the shopping centre as big as it is it will always be busy.i used to like the foodcourt at the top of the royal garden but after the refurbishment a while back,it wasn't the same

Is there any other 'food court' in Pattaya that is nearly as good ?

I do use the one at the airport, I use the ones at Big-C : but neither is as good as Central.

I do use the one at the airport, I use the ones at Big-C : but neither is as good as Central.

try the top floor of the royal garden.what I said is what I think,you may think differently

Gobor leave it.

You were not mentioned, you ego is writing cheques your membership does not rate.

I was... see his signature... simple as an axe... :smoke:

Rarely food courts are good in Pattaya... the central food court gives shit food for inflated prices... ( out from the food court a really good turkish restaurant, excellent döner for 70 baht ) the Royal garden food court gives the same shit for " fine dine " prices, only because of the view... The Big C extra ( formerly Carrefour ) is the only bargain place...very cheap and serve quality food.... The new Top's food court ( corner of the Pattaya klang and the Second road... ) not expensive but gives shit food...just like the food court under the Tuc.com and the TESCO Lotus on the Thepprasit road.....

I think evil has done a great job here in telling people about the foodcourt and taking the piccys to back it up.as its on the lower floor some people may not know about it.if gabor has an axe to grind then why not pm whoever its to be ground with

Rarely food courts are good in Pattaya... the central food court gives shit food for inflated prices... the Royal garden food court gives the same shit for " fine dine " prices, only because of the view... The Big C extra ( formerly Carrefour ) is the only bargain place...very cheap and serve quality food....

OK, I agree about the food. The selection, ease, and view is what makes up for the quality at Central. I get a good feeling when I'm at Central that I don't feel at other places.

I think evil has done a great job here in telling people about the foodcourt and taking the piccys to back it up.as its on the lower floor some people may not know about it.if gabor has an axe to grind then why not pm whoever its to be ground with

He just bragged to not eat there... selling the idea his level is the " fine dine " thing... whilst posting the food reports from under the balloons...the free free food... What is nothing wrong,... usually I don't eat after 3PM, but I tried the excellent free food presented by Ricky ( Private Dancer ) and I don't regretted it.... despite of my heartburn... my fault, not his fault.....

He just bragged to not eat there... selling the idea his level is the " fine dine " thing... whilst posting the food reports from under the balloons...the free free food... What is nothing wrong,... usually I don't eat after 3PM, but I tried the excellent free food presented by Ricky ( Private Dancer ) and I don't regretted it.... despite of my heartburn... my fault, not his fault.....

long as your happy mate