Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE . word of the day now expired . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** INTEGRITY was word of the day. even though we spelt it wrong . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Artygraph

The English Players To Face Humiliation.

It always amazes me that year after year be it football, rugby, tennis, golf etc, if the Scots are doing well or playing another country then myself and I'm sure most of the UK cheer them on because they are British, I'll never understand the reason behind the the blind hatred towards England when they do qualify or do well that is exhibited by the other little countries that make up the UK.

I'm a jock and I agree with this.

Can't stand jock hypocrisy, support ABE then complain if English fans cheer someone beating Scotland.

I really hope England do well.

Edited by scotty

I'm a jock and I agree with this. Can't stand jock hypocrisy, support ABE then complain if English fans cheer someone beating Scotland. I really hope England do well.

Thanks Scotty, you are a gent :thumbup:

For Sale, surplus to requirements and will be collectors items in about 100 years time so a great investment.

2014%20group%20badge.jpg?240,300,1,100,1

C 50,000 pieces available as a job lot, will make a great conversation piece in your local Scottish pub in London.

20 quid or nearest offer.

Stamp to celebrate Scotland winning 1978 World Cup is revealed A STAMP depicting Scotland winning the World Cup in Argentina is to go on display in the run up to this year’s tournament in Brazil.
Published: Wed, March 19, 2014

HANDOUT-stamp00007-465639.jpgThis stamp was designed in the hope that Scotland would win the World Cup in 1978 [PH]

The stamp, designed more in hope than expectation, shows Scotland’s players lifting the trophy in 1978.

The artwork was created so the stamp could be released to the public in the event of Ally McLeod’s team winning the tournament.

But the Scotland squad’s failure to make it past the group stages meant the stamp was shelved forever. They had a memorable win over Holland but were humbled by Peru and only managed a draw with Iran.

Now the stamp, which shows captain Bruce Rioch holding the trophy aloft, is lined up as one of the rare treasures and curiosities to be put on display this summer at the Post Office Museum in London.

The stamp was briefly displayed in Glasgow in 2000 but has not been seen in public since and has come to light in the wake of a debate in Parliament.

It always amazes me that year after year be it football, rugby, tennis, golf etc, if the Scots are doing well or playing another country then myself and I'm sure most of the UK cheer them on because they are British, I'll never understand the reason behind the the blind hatred towards England when they do qualify or do well that is exhibited by the other little countries that make up the UK.

When they are born the doctor smacks their bottom and the nurse tells them an Englishman did it.

I am sometimes ashamed to be a member of this forum.

There is certainly a few that could do with growing up mate.

I tend to agree with you. It is fact that if Scotland were our only representative in the World Cup then I would be supporting them wholeheartedly. Similarly if it were Wales or Northern Ireland I would be hoping they give a good account of themselves and I would be cheering for them.

I am looking forward to all the games.

I tend to agree with you. It is fact that if Scotland were our only representative in the World Cup then I would be supporting them wholeheartedly. Similarly if it were Wales or Northern Ireland I would be hoping they give a good account of themselves and I would be cheering for them.

Absolutely agree 100%.

As it should be and the jocks should reciprocate this. Same as we should for Ireland or Wales.

Look what came in the post today.

Brazil here I come. ( and coming back home very quickly)

Phil

post-46950-0-54753600-1399998607_thumb.j

Lol

What's funny about that?

If he never turned down ManUre in favour of Southampton he would have 20 caps by now.

I would say he is also better than Glen Johnson who is shite

i think england will struggle in the later games because of poor choice of centre backs

if cahill or jagielka get injured or suspended they will be in trouble

they have the players if hodgeson has the balls to go for it

my starting 11 would be

hart

baines

jagielka

cahill

johnson

gerrard

henderson

sterling

lallana

sturridge

rooney

i think england will struggle in the later games because of poor choice of centre backs

my starting 11 would be

hart

baines

jagielka

cahill

johnson

gerrard

henderson

sterling

lallana

sturridge

rooney

thats the team most of the press have picked and I cant think of any better players at this moment in time

What's funny about that?

If he never turned down ManUre in favour of Southampton he would have 20 caps by now.

I would say he is also better than Glen Johnson who is shite

hes not a bad player but not better than what ENgland have gone with. You have Saints tainted glasses on that one in my opinion

my starting 11 would be

hart

baines

jagielka

cahill

johnson

gerrard

henderson

sterling

lallana

sturridge

rooney

Can see Woy's mate Milner starting ahead of Henderson as he is pretty cautious tactically.

thats the team most of the press have picked and I cant think of any better players at this moment in time

with the exception of johnson its not a bad team unless he tries shaw on the right or switches baines to the right

Can see Woy's mate Milner starting ahead of Henderson as he is pretty cautious tactically.

last season maybe but i think henderson has come on in leaps and bounds this season

If England beats the USA I will throw a party in the rockhouse with a full buffet from wok n rock and free beer for all BMs 8pm to midnight and paint an English flag on my face

When?

If England beats the USA I will throw a party in the rockhouse with a full buffet from wok n rock and free beer for all BMs 8pm to midnight and paint an English flag on my face

I think England and USA can only meet if both get to the final.

As it should be and the jocks should reciprocate this. Same as we should for Ireland or Wales.

post-13845-0-85478100-1400009786.jpg

Well I hate to say it but I have the lowest confidence in an England side and manager ever..Can only hope they can pull of some sort of surprise but I doubt it..The only plus about putting new blood into the side is that the next World Cup I expect the tide to change..

The good news is that the Premiership sides have been investing in their youth academy's over the last couple of years and there is already some excellent young talent which we will see next season....

post-13845-0-85478100-1400009786.jpg

Mel Gibson holds dual American and Irish citizenship so he may well give support to a team from the Emerald Isle.

Mel Gibson holds dual American and Irish citizenship so he may well give support to a team from the Emerald Isle.

And Australia?