Latest News
  • *** word of the day FRIENDSHIP .LOYALTY has expired*** POODLE has expired. *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** INTEGRITY was word of the day. even though we spelt it wrong . *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

What is the law re abortion in Thailand? I ask as that sweet 17 year old that I call my daughter has gone got herself up the duff.

Personally at her age, and at a very early stage of pregnancy, I think an abortion is probably the best thing to do.

That said it is her body and and she has to live with her own decision.

If anyone has any knowledge in this area I'd be most grateful.

As far as I know abortion is illegal in this country. But there are reportedy many private abortion clinics.

Sent from my GT-S7582 using Tapatalk

As far as I know abortion is illegal in this country. But there are reportedy many private abortion clinics.

Correct.

Off them, the most popular and safe is the one that is owned and operated by Khun Meechai (Mr Condom) right near his restaurant Cabbages & Condoms on Sukumvit soi 12 in BKK.

Correct.

Off them, the most popular and safe is the one that is owned and operated by Khun Meechai (Mr Condom) right near his restaurant Cabbages & Condoms on Sukumvit soi 12 in BKK.

Lol. That would be it. I heard some upcountry girls say some local dentists did this but it was a long time ago.

Correct.

Cheers, Khun Meechai and his organisation will hopefully be getting a donation from me then.

Really glad not to be facing a back street clinic option.

Cheers, Khun Meechai and his organisation will hopefully be getting a donation from me then.

Really glad not to be facing a back street clinic option.

Good lucky Andy, hope it isn't to stressful a time for your Daughter and Family.

Good lucky Andy, hope it isn't to stressful a time for your Daughter and Family.

A difficult decision.

A difficult decision. But if you decide to do it then it can be done. Sent from my GT-S7582 using Tapatalk

Can't be anybodies decision but Chompoo's. Her body and conscience so her call. Of course from a selfish point of view I realise that I'll probably end up providing for the kid and Mrs Thinkingallowed will be the one that brings it up. In all honesty I don't want that to happen.

Cheers pal. Taking it in my stride, actually finding the sound of my favourite blade against a whet stone quite therapeutic. Wait until I get my hands on that boy.

Can't be anybodies decision but Chompoo's. Her body and conscience so her call. Of course from a selfish point of view I realise that I'll probably end up providing for the kid and Mrs Thinkingallowed will be the one that brings it up. In all honesty I don't want that to happen.

Absolute honest and correct answer. If the decision is to give life (now that sounds important) taking care is a lifetime commitment and devotion that every born child deserves. It is mandatory not a toss of the coin.

Absolute honest and correct answer. If the decision is to give life (now that sounds important) taking care is a lifetime commitment and devotion that every born child deserves. It is mandatory not a toss of the coin.

+3

New life has priority over everything else.

Guest pissreck

The op has it right,it's a financial and emotional commitment that he and his wife will have to bear until a girl/lady with a baby finds someone to support het. In civilised countries a woman can make a choice and the earlier the better. Its s 5inite procedure

Ouch!

As already mentioned, abortion is illegal in Thailand. And it a cultural thing too.

Good luck

...most anti choice are folk with kids already married and in the safe zone.

"Anti-choice"? I'm pro-choice in the sense that I think the kid should have a say too. Who speaks for the baby?

And, my beliefs caused me to marry my first wife when she got pregnant, so she wouldn't abort my child. That child turned out to be a great person and a selfless advocate for the less fortunate. That's the sort of karma we all should have more of.

agreed, but very common here too. i know a local girl wanted one and nobody would lend her the money as bad karma. ..

Of course, because budhists believe in not taking a life and that life begins at conception.

Guest Carp Trader

Best of luck with it all Thinking, I know one girl who had one she has since said she will have bad life now...

Guest pissreck

"Anti-choice"? I'm pro-choice in the sense that I think the kid should have a say too. Who speaks for the baby?And, my beliefs caused me to marry my first wife when she got pregnant, so she wouldn't abort my child. That child turned out to be a great person and a selfless advocate for the less fortunate. That's the sort of karma we all should have more of.

Most civilised countries nave decided that the 'baby' doesn't have a choice and is not a legal entity until x weeks post fertilization. The woman who carries the 'baby' has the choice.

Guest pissreck

Of course, because budhists believe in not taking a life and that life begins at conception.

Quite amazing when they don't do much to protect life.

Quite amazing when they don't do much to protect life.

Yep. But they don't see that as deliberately taking a life.

Abortion is illegal, but very common in thailand. It is handled discretely and doctors will point you in the right direction. Good luck and I support your views, it is the mothers decision, as it is something she has to live with.

Guest pissreck

Yep. But they don't see that as deliberately taking a life.

Fair enough, it is the land of contradictions after all.