Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No Bruce, it's called progress.

Deciding which segments of the population can be slaughtered without their consent is "progress" now? Seems to me the world has rejected that sort of "progress" in the past.

Will you think it's still a "choice" made about something that's "not a person" when a fertilized egg can be taken from zygote to full-term baby outside the mother's body? That day is coming as you well know. The record for earliest surviving fetus is 21 weeks.

BTW, apologies to my mate Thinkingallowed for my comments. I'm not trying to persuade him of anything; his personal situation isn't my business.

I regret if you've taken any offense from my posts on here mate.

Pete, you can have the last word.

I would hate to be in the same predicament, I would probably be pro life if it did happen to me, not because I am a catholic but because of my conscience.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Guest Mr Pastry

Well, there is a direct correlation with abortion and contraception.

The responsibility should start there, and if those consenting are planing a family then fine. But in so many cases these days, young males are reluctant to use contraception, and females to a degree as well and simply do not think of the consequences or the responsibly of a child being born as a result.

Thankfully it is their choice as to what happens then, and abortion is choice amongst others. A sixteen year old girl and her boy friend, if he sticks around ong enough, are not well equipped to foster a new life, and have not yet lived their's to understand the responsibility, let alone cost. and end of their education and future careers.

I think it has it's place,rape,underage,but consenting adults being irresponsible is no excuse.

I was with my previous wife 5 years and she fell pregnant so we married,it ended a 5 years later,but i would hate to think if she had an abortion i would have murdered my son.

Guest pissreck

Deciding which segments of the population can be slaughtered without their consent is "progress" now? Seems to me the world has rejected that sort of "progress" in the past.Will you think it's still a "choice" made about something that's "not a person" when a fertilized egg can be taken from zygote to full-term baby outside the mother's body? That day is coming as you well know. The record for earliest surviving fetus is 21 weeks.

The subtlety is that the law has decided it is not a person until x weeks, x being the jurisdiction in question's definition. By definition the embryo, feotus, whatever stage it is at, is not a human until the law says so. Your argument is therefore void as until of x weeks, the collection of cells is not part of the population. I understand your background etc that you have these views, but then again such rigid views have over the years caused terrible problems. There are babies who are better not being born both for biological and social reasons, and there should airways be choice. We could go into the human life is sacred debate all year, but like I said, jurisdictions have decreed that life is not life until x weeks. We live under laws and if the laws of our lands say that then we must abide by that, or change the laws. Thailand it seems doesn't allow abortion. Presumably it would for example let a mother of 5 die just to give birth when abortion would give 5 kids their mother still? Such is the inflexibility of no abortion and why civilised countries realised that there must be medical reasons for an abortion and hence legal definitions for 'life'.

Don't get me wrong, I had the privelage last ,month to work many shifts in the special care nursery and paediatric isolation unit. I was feeding babies only days old through naso-gastric tubes, changing their nappies, cuddling them, holding these wonders of nature, someone else's newborn in my arms. I've also looked after a few babies whom were seriously f**ked up, one is indeed the subject of my karma thread. I love babies, I find them amazing, but I still believe in the rights of the mother the say...no, I am not ready for this, or of course no, I don't want a baby which h won't see its ... birthday. The law in civilised places has helped take the burden from doctors and parentsthi and given them the choice to make a decision within time frames. That is civilised.

BTW, apologies to my mate Thinkingallowed for my comments. I'm not trying to persuade him of anything; his personal situation isn't my business.

I regret if you've taken any offense from my posts on here mate.

Pete, you can have the last word.

No mate no offence taken from you or any other poster. Everyone is entitled to their own views.