Latest News
  • *** *** FIRTH is a word we must not forget , KEEP THE KIDS SAFE *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** KARMA IS A FUCKING BITCH ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob Jones

20:1 On Chelsea?

City or Chelsea will win the league... Simple as that 2 horse race..

Would you give me 20/1 if I said neither would win it?

Guest Carp Trader

Would you give me 20/1 if I said neither would win it?

That's very funny, So you have 18 teams v 2 and you want 20/1

Will you give be 5/1 on each ? If so I will have 5000 baht on each of them....

Guest Carp Trader

Man utd are 5/1 Liverpool 13/2 and arsenal at 9 .... If you combined the 3 you would get something like 3/1 ...

Yet you want 20/1

Sure I give you 20/1 you have free bets on City and Chelsea throughout season...

Will you give me your house and motorbike... For 1/6th of it's value ???

No. But I'm convinced WBA won't win the EPL and ill give you the same odds on that. I'll put my money where my mouth is because I'm convinced that it won't happen, simple, so I'm happy to give you 20/1 because, I'd say it's a certainty like you say it's a certainty that either Chelsea or man city will win.

If you dont want the bet then you aren't certain what you say. I don't care if there are 49 teams I'm convinced the baggies won't win the league, and I'll bet you that.

How convinced are you in what you have been saying for the last month or year?

20/1, yes or no?

If its a certainty you will be quids in, so the odds are irrelevant. I'll give you 50/1 the baggies won't win the EPL. I'll give you 100/1.

I'll give you 150/1 that the baggies won't win the EPL

Guest Carp Trader

No. But I'm convinced WBA won't win the EPL and ill give you the same odds on that. I'll put my money where my mouth is because I'm convinced that it won't happen, simple, so I'm happy to give you 20/1 because, I'd say it's a certainty like you say it's a certainty that either Chelsea or man city will win.

If you dont want the bet then you aren't certain what you say. I don't care if there are 49 teams I'm convinced the baggies won't win the league, and I'll bet you that.

How convinced are you in what you have been saying for the last month or year?

20/1, yes or no?

If its a certainty you will be quids in, so the odds are irrelevant. I'll give you 50/1 the baggies won't win the EPL. I'll give you 100/1.

I'll give you 150/1 that the baggies won't win the EPL

Oh dear here you go again, why would I give you 6 times the price of a thing, would you work for 1/6th of your wages ? Would you pay 6 times your current rent ?

After all you live there ? Put your money where you mouth is...

Baggies are 5000/1 you will give me a 250th of that...

Liverpool are 13/2 Man utd 5/1 .... Arsenal at 9/1

Now given Man utd may make 4 or 5 signings , Liverpool may make 4 signings, hence the odds...

So you want 20/1 on Liverpool , Man utd and Arsenal... Lol

But you will give me 20/1 on Vest Bum who are 5000/1 ??

Nuts... That 5/2 has made you hallucinate..... It really has...

I told you last year who would win, the bookies don't get it wrong... No skint bookies...

Once again you offer bets no one would take as they are many many times worse than the market, 150/1 vest ? The Vest are 5000/1 ....

The odds are 5/2 for either man utd , Liverpool or Arsenal. How much you betting ??

Oh dear here you go again, why would I give you 6 times the price of a thing, would you work for 1/6th of your wages ? Would you pay 6 times your current rent ?

After all you live there ? Put your money where you mouth is...

Baggies are 5000/1 you will give me a 250th of that...

Liverpool are 13/2 Man utd 5/1 .... Arsenal at 9/1

Now given Man utd may make 4 or 5 signings , Liverpool may make 4 signings, hence the odds...

So you want 20/1 on Liverpool , Man utd and Arsenal... Lol

But you will give me 20/1 on Vest Bum who are 5000/1 ??

Nuts... That 5/2 has made you hallucinate..... It really has...

I told you last year who would win, the bookies don't get it wrong... No skint bookies...

Ok well I haven't see the odds if you say WBA are 5000/1 I will give you 6000/1. So if it's now better balanced and as you are so convinced Chelsea or man city will win the title can we have the bet please. I'll give you 20/1 on what you claim is a certainty. Unless of course you don't think it's a certainty.

Simple really. Dont be worrying about William hill, I'm not. I'm betting on my belief against yours.

Yes or no?

Guest Carp Trader

Ok well I haven't see the odds if you say WBA are 5000/1 I will give you 6000/1. So if it's now better balanced and as you are so convinced Chelsea or man city will win the title can we have the bet please. I'll give you 20/1 on what you claim is a certainty. Unless of course you don't think it's a certainty.

Simple really. Dont be worrying about William hill, I'm not. I'm betting on my belief against yours.

Yes or no?

Well I do t think they will win so why would i bet.,,

Again why would I give you 20/1 when the odds are 3/1 are you mad, I would take that bet and lay it off... You can't lose...

You are not betting against my beliefs you are trying to steal a thing at a 6th of it's value...

If you were being honest and were betting on your belief you would take 5/2 on the teams Liverpool , Man Utd and Arsenal..

5/2 could well be too high, but 20/1 are you crazy....

If you were betting beliefs you would take market odds and not look for a 6 fold improvement, your words and requests are at odds mate,,,

Your diet has f**ked you up...

Well I do t think they will win so why would i bet.,,

Again why would I give you 20/1 when the odds are 3/1 are you mad, I would take that bet and lay it off... You can't lose...

You are not betting against my beliefs you are trying to steal a thing at a 6th of it's value...

If you were being honest and were betting on your belief you would take 5/2 on the teams Liverpool , Man Utd and Arsenal..

5/2 could well be too high, but 20/1 are you crazy....

Anyone else reading this and not getting my offer to carp trader?

One last time. If you think it's a certainty that city or Chelsea will win then bet because you will win. I'll give 100000/1 odds that you won't see me in Bangkok tonight

Either bet and put your Money where your mouth is or dont. Do you really believe what you say. Simple question.

Yes or no.

Guest Carp Trader

One last time. If you think it's a certainty that city or Chelsea will win then bet because you will win. I'll give 100000/1 odds that you won't see me in Bangkok tonight

Either bet and put your Money where your mouth is or dont. Do you really believe what you say. Simple question.

Yes or no.

Rob you asking for 6 times the market value proves you are unsure, I tell you what I have a baht of gold it's worth 19000 baht you can have it for 100,000 baht now put your money where your mouth is..

Tell you what you offer me that bet 20/1 any team rather than City or Chelsea win... I will take it go one

You are trying to steal simple as that, you are so insure of your view you need 6 fold cover...

Guest Carp Trader

Many years ago my first job, the technical manager who was so clever said two things which struck, the sales team were selling producing out the door, very cheap.

Anyone can sell a penny apple for a halfpenny!!! and even a blind pig finds the odd truffle...

So take your 6 fold price and stick it where the sun don't shine,,,,

Guest Carp Trader

Rob as it's a he gents bet , will you offer the odds the market does..

You can't expect 600% higher, it's ludicrous...

Can you count ?

Tell you what you offer me that bet 20/1 any team rather than City or Chelsea win... I will take it go one

You are trying to steal simple as that, you are so insure of your view you need 6 fold cover...

I think man city or Chelsea will probably win the epl, but man u Liverpool arsenal or everton could also, so it's not a certainty in my book. Likely but not a certainty.

You think it's a certainty.

So the odds are irrelevant. We disagree on this issue so I'll bet you.

Simple offer. Yes or no.

I think it's a certainty you wont see me in Bangkok tonight so I'll give you any odds you ask for. 10000000/1 if you like.

If you believe what you state then you would take my bet because you would win. Only a hundred baht but it's better than nothing and i would lose face. You would have been proven right. But you know deep down it's not a certainty, you know deep down I am correct, the EPL could be won by at least 5 teams.

It's just a bit of fun for me. I am not certain Chelsea or city will win the ell

And I'm putting my money where my mouth is. If you are now not certain, that's okay don't bet me, if you are certain take the bet.

Guest Vest Patrol

I think man city or Chelsea will probably win the epl, but man u Liverpool arsenal or everton could also, so it's not a certainty in my book. Likely but not a certainty.

Simple offer. Yes or no.

I think it's a certainty you wont see me in Bangkok tonight so I'll give you any odds you ask for. 10000000/1 if you like.

If you believe what you state then you would take my bet because you would win. Only a hundred baht but it's better than nothing and i would lose face. You would have been proven right. But you know deep down it's not a certainty, you know deep down I am correct, the EPL could be won by at least 5 teams.

It's just a bit of fun for me. I am not certain Chelsea or city will win the ell

And I'm putting my money where my mouth is. If you are now not certain, that's okay don't bet me, if you are certain take the bet.

You've lost your mind mate. I'm using your posts on my diet blog as an example of why not to go on the 5:2 diet. It's alarming and I do hope you come back down earth safely.

You've lost your mind mate. I'm using your posts on my diet blog as an example of why not to go on the 5:2 diet. It's alarming and I do hope you come back down earth safely.

I made the same offer last year and i wasnt on the 5:2 then.

And my ol mate carpy ducked and dived then too. Its a simple offer.

It's not a certainty that man city or Chelsea will win the epl and if you think different, take my bet.

Ps not sure if you are qualified to suggest I'm losing my mind, we need pissreck to the thread. He is bound to know someone ......

Guest Carp Trader

I made the same offer last year and i wasnt on the 5:2 then.

And my ol mate carpy ducked and dived then too. Its a simple offer.

It's not a certainty that man city or Chelsea will win the epl and if you think different, take my bet.

Ps not sure if you are qualified to suggest I'm losing my mind, we need pissreck to the thread. He is bound to know someone ......

No ducking and diving, I am thick enough not to pay 6 times the price for a product,,,

I was right last year, the bookies think I am right this year...

I have a condo for sale, at 6 times the price I bought for,, please stop ducking and diving...lol

Guest Carp Trader

Simple offer. Yes or no.

What you are putting down is a 6th of your money, no sane person would pay 6 times the retail cost of a product,,, but you take your sad and sell it to the Arabs,,,,

I would lose face if I paid 6 times retail value, but the funniest thing is you are losing face by trying to sell it !!!

So funny

Guest Carp Trader

I will have the bet at 3/1 that's very generous , not 20/1 so what I am saying is I will out my money where my mouth is ...

But not at 6 times more than market rate.ll

So let's have the bet 100 baht I have Chelsea and City you have the rest, asking for 6 times the rate is pretty silly and only a dummy would take it...

100 baht at 3/1 come on....for you to ask more shows you know the bookies are right...

Yes or no.

RJ...sorry but what you want isn't realistic value, well its is for you if you get that on, in fact Id like to get that on.Do some for me if you see that price

Guest Carp Trader

RJ...sorry but what you want isn't realistic value, well its is for you if you get that on, in fact Id like to get that on.Do some for me if you see that price

I have been surprised by Sir Rob Jones I had him pegged as a worldly , clever guy,,,

But expecting to sell a thing for 6 times it's value then saying the person buying is lacking in conviction is pure lunacy, any more of this talk he may lose his knighthood and be consigned to the melt bucket of Pattaya expats...

Wake up Sir Rob you have a date with destiny in the semi final dance off at Bamboo on the 27th, we can't have you mumbling about 20/1 when it's a 5/2 or 3/1 shot... No pun intended....

Nothing to do with value

BM carp trader claims that Chelsea or Man City will win the EPL 100%. No other club will win it, its a certainty. With a certainty, odds are irrelevant because if its a certainty its going to happen and if you bet on it you are going to win, the odds is just a measurement of how much you wioll win. Now I dont think its a certainty, its very likely BUT not a certainty and Im prepared to put some of the currents Mrs Jones inheritance on my belief. so why wont he take the bet? The answer is because he doesn't believe it to be a 100% certainty

Ill bet you 100 Baht at 1000,000/1 odds that you will not see me today in Hong Kong. You take the bet and you dont see me you give me 100 baht - if you see me there, I will give you 100,000Baht. I'm certain you wont see me, so I'm happy to give you these odds.

If me ol mate is so certain that Chelsea or Man City is going to win the EPL why wont he give me a simple 20/1 odds? The answer is because he is not 100% certain.

Nobody knows 100% who is going to win the EPL 2014/5. I'm less convinced that the two money teams will win it and all I want is 20/1 odds, if its a certainty he has nothing to lose.

I have been surprised by Sir Rob Jones I had him pegged as a worldly , clever guy,,,

But expecting to sell a thing for 6 times it's value then saying the person buying is lacking in conviction is pure lunacy, any more of this talk he may lose his knighthood and be consigned to the melt bucket of Pattaya expats...

Wake up Sir Rob you have a date with destiny in the semi final dance off at Bamboo on the 27th, we can't have you mumbling about 20/1 when it's a 5/2 or 3/1 shot... No pun intended....

lol

Please see post #35

Guest Carp Trader

Nothing to do with value

BM carp trader claims that Chelsea or Man City will win the EPL 100%. No other club will win it, its a certainty. With a certainty, odds are irrelevant because if its a certainty its going to happen and if you bet on it you are going to win, the odds is just a measurement of how much you wioll win. Now I dont think its a certainty, its very likely BUT not a certainty and Im prepared to put some of the currents Mrs Jones inheritance on my belief. so why wont he take the bet? The answer is because he doesn't believe it to be a 100% certainty

Ill bet you 100 Baht at 1000,000/1 odds that you will not see me today in Hong Kong. You take the bet and you dont see me you give me 100 baht - if you see me there, I will give you 100,000Baht. I'm certain you wont see me, so I'm happy to give you these odds.

If me ol mate is so certain that Chelsea or Man City is going to win the EPL why wont he give me a simple 20/1 odds? The answer is because he is not 100% certain.

Nobody knows 100% who is going to win the EPL 2014/5. I'm less convinced that the two money teams will win it and all I want is 20/1 odds, if its a certainty he has nothing to lose.

Again no one pays 6 times the value of a thing, you are offering those silly odds as you know no sane person would take them , offer the going rate I will lump on... 3/1 the field I think it's 5/2 or maybe less you have Man Utd new manager they are 5/1, Liverpool at 13/2 and Arsenal at 9/1 ... Combined odds must be very low...

And you say 20/1 lol... Lunacy...but in the melt pot you go , say hello to Hollywood does he know what bike he rides yet ?? Lol

You know City or Chelsea will win that's why you won't offer the going rate..simple as that...

Again no one pays 6 times the value of a thing, you are offering those silly odds as you know no sane person would take them , offer the going rate I will lump on... 3/1 the field I think it's 5/2 or maybe less you have Man Utd new manager they are 5/1, Liverpool at 13/2 and Arsenal at 9/1 ... Combined odds must be very low...

And you say 20/1 lol... Lunacy...but in the melt pot you go , say hello to Hollywood does he know what bike he rides yet ?? Lol

You know City or Chelsea will win that's why you won't offer the going rate..simple as that...

Of course they would. I would take them odds on a certainty.

Ill take 20/1 that you wont see me in Bangkok today. Why will I? Because I'm certain that I wont be there.

You are certain that Chelsea or Man city will win the EPL 2014/5 so why not take the bet?

Guest Carp Trader

City are as short as 13/8 with Chelsea at 2/1 .... I would guess the combined 5/1 , 13/2 and 9/1 would be closer 2/1 as you have three teams,....

So come on Rob I am offering you 50% better than a bookies , yet you offer 600% worse... Don't be a coward only money mate...

Guest Carp Trader

Of course they would. I would take them odds on a certainty.

Ill take 20/1 that you wont see me in Bangkok today. Why will I? Because I'm certain that I wont be there.

You are certain that Chelsea or Man city will win the EPL 2014/5 so why not take the bet?

Why would you choose to lay six times for a product... ?? That's a lie Rob you would not..