Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
pattayaman2001

Kasikorn Bank Money Missing.

This thread made me check my Kasikorn account online and all is good. Only my monthly telephone bill coming out of the account. I leave my debit card in in my brother-in-law's safe so the if there any urgent repairs or bills needed paying for the house they can get the money out of my card. My debit card has recently expired so I had to transfer some money to the wife's sister account to pay some bills.

Anyway I have had bank accounts in Thailand for 14 years and never had any issues. Hopefully it stays this way. I find Kasikorn a good bank from the ease of opening an account and I like their internet banking.

The readers are nit there all the time, Pman what timo of the day was the last withdrawal prior to the money going missing ....

A mate of mine on walking st went to get money late one night well tried, no money came out his card did... A man close by tried to get him to move away he would not, the guy got agitated,, my mate explained there was a problem with the machine....

He told me he was waiting as he realised he was being set up, after 2 mins the guy used the machine got no money punched it then ran off, my take is his open pin gets closed after a certain length of time ?

This was 3.00am

The last withdrawal was 5000 Baht and that was around 12:30am the money went missing sometime after that.

We've just called the head office in Bangkok. No help what so ever. They said to go to the Police and they might catch the skimmers and then I could get my money back.

Oh well... NO MORE BANKS FOR ME IN THIS PLACE.

The readers are nit there all the time...etc.

I would flat refuse to give the clerk my PIN, or would set one like 12345 then immediately go change it at the ATM on the outside of the building.

At Kasikorn they had these pin machines, but at TMB they gave me a code in some sealed envelope. But they asked me to immediately change the pin at the ATM.

At my Philippine account they gave me a temporary Pin which was only valid at the issuing Bank's ATM and you could only use it to change your PIN.

At Kasikorn they had these pin machines, but at TMB they gave me a code in some sealed envelope. But they asked me to immediately change the pin at the ATM...etc.

Yep, I've seen this done too. They walk you outside and show you how to change the PIN on the ATM if you're not sure.

Yep, I've seen this done too. They walk you outside and show you how to change the PIN on the ATM if you're not sure.

Same here.

Guest Carp Trader

The last withdrawal was 5000 Baht and that was around 12:30am the money went missing sometime after that.

No surprise there early morning mate...not right but it happens...

Another way is reduce your draw limit to 2000 then get money in the day from bank...

A couple of weeks ago I used a Krongthai bank ATM outside a Family mart. 10,000 baht entered, heard the normal noise of the notes being counted but no money came out. Imediatly checked my balance and the 10,000 had been debited from my account.

Took the number on the Atm and got the Mrs to phone. After a long wait got through to customer services and after the Mrs explained everything they asked to talk to me for my version of it.

They were very helpful, and told me they had put the money back in my account. Went straight out to annother Atm and all was in order I'm glad to say.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

A couple of weeks ago I used a Krongthai bank ATM outside a Family mart. 10,000 baht entered, heard the normal noise of the notes being counted but no money came out. Imediatly checked my balance and the 10,000 had been debited from my account. Took the number on the Atm and got the Mrs to phone. After a long wait got through to customer services and after the Mrs explained everything they asked to talk to me for my version of it. They were very helpful, and told me they had put the money back in my account. Went straight out to annother Atm and all was in order I'm glad to say. Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Glad you got a happy ending mike.

Anyway I have had bank accounts in Thailand for 14 years and never had any issues. Hopefully it stays this way. I find Kasikorn a good bank from the ease of opening an account and I like their internet banking.

+1

I've had an account(s) in Thailand for almost 20 years and thankfully no problems.

Have also had a Kasikorn account(or Thai Farmers Bank as it was known then, of course), for about 18/19 years and never a problem.

I actually still have a Thai Farmers Bank old ATM card in the house from back in the mid 90's.

Rob, looks like Kasikorn gave good service when it came to PM2001 asking to close his account..

No account = no more questions......

Guest dan
On 6/20/2014 at 5:11 AM, Bruce Mangosteen said:
On 6/20/2014 at 4:25 AM, pattayaman2001 said:

One from Kaskorn and one from the 7/11 ATM across from us...etc.

I've used the ATM at that 7/11 a number of times without a problem, including yesterday (checked my account today) so I don't think it's compromised mate.

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

DxND37kVsAE4Xbj.jpg

3 hours ago, NewAmsterdam said:

24g3bt.jpg

The senders living in bed sits in West sending are true heroes, my kingdom for a Skype call 🤣🤣🤣

5 hours ago, Parky said:

The senders living in bed sits in West sending are true heroes, my kingdom for a Skype call 🤣🤣🤣

The knights in shining armour put on this earth to improve Thai families lifestyles whilst still maintaining a pot to piss in themselves, but very little else......