Latest News
  • *** SUCK MY COCK YOU FUCKING SNIDE CUNTS *** FIRTH is a word we must not forget , KEEP THE KIDS SAFE *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** KARMA IS A FUCKING BITCH ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LatinLover

Sauce On Steak, Yes Or No?

IMO sauce should never be near a good steak and shouldn't be cooked anymore than medium rare. If i had to have sauce then there is only only 2 sauces I would consider, Chimichurri or Red wine jus. But really the best sauce for any steak is the blood oozing out of it when its cut.

Depends on the steak, depends how it is cooked. I can have it with or without.

One thing that is a certainty, for me a good steak will always be accompanied by a nice red. :wine:

I havent had a steak in Thailand in 17 years. The last one was at 'Chokchai' steak house in Bangkok.

Funnily enough, my last steak was at Chokchai last week near salaburi on the way back from Korat, King Size Prime Rib and then half of the missus's Rib Eye as she couldn't eat it all. Best Thai Beef by a mile. Getting worried about the kid though, stuck up cow said "better steak in Hong Kong daddy" where we had been to Chris Ruth, she's only fecking 5!

I had to google Gorgonzola boss.... It sounded like an Italian venereal disease ;)

Should you find anything resembling Gorgonzola behind your foreskin then you've definitely got a dose of something bad.

Not normally no but sometimes I do like Bordelaise sauce

Bordelaise sauce is a classic French sauce named after the Bordeaux region of France, which is famous for its wine. The sauce is made with dry red wine, bone marrow, butter, shallots and sauce demi-glace. Wikipedia

I very rarely eat steak of any kind but if I do I like the sauce on the side. I like to cut through the steak to see if it is done to my liking (rare to medium), I like to see the inside and I like to see if it is the same throughout the steak. A sauce has at times in the past covered up what turned out to be a poorly cooked or a bad cut of meat hence the reason why steak is not top of my choice from the menu. I like rare to medium as once whilst in Atlanta in 2002 (some Steak and Cigar restaurant) I had a massive steak almost blue, half way through the sight of the blood oozing out just plain put me off eating.

My sauce of choice is peppercorn but a little gorgonzola sauce for a small steak is nice.

It is a matter of personal preference, each BM choice can be good.

It is my dollar so up to me. With sauce, without, with cheese without ....up to me.

Depends how I feel on the day.

^ Exactly right! some days I like a sauce to go with my steak, be it Gorgonzola, green peppercorn or even Diane which is my favourite, other days just a blob of real English mustard, not that pussy yellow shit served up here, or a dollop of A1.

Rarely have steak cooked good enough to eat without sauce.

Assassin, time you took me to that place on soi 11 i think it is.

Mushroom sauce is a typical Dutch sauce for a steak Phil.

Hardly ever get a steak served without sauce in Holland.

Mushroom sauce is a typical Dutch sauce for a steak Phil.

Hardly ever get a steak served without sauce in Holland.

Same in Belgium mate, steak n frites smothered in lovely creamy sauce...hmmm

Not normally no but sometimes I do like Bordelaise sauce

Bordelaise sauce is a classic French sauce named after the Bordeaux region of France, which is famous for its wine. The sauce is made with dry red wine, bone marrow, butter, shallots and sauce demi-glace. Wikipedia

I will occasionally dip Sirloin in Bernaise!

If I pan fry tenderloin I will some times coat in Bordelaise, tournedoes style.

But my favorite way of steak is high grade NY Sirloin or Rib Eye, charbroiled, and not only no sauce, but I better not see any salt or pepper on the table.

u mean 19! El Gaucho!

I went to El Gaucho last time I was in Bangkok, very very good.

As I said on the other thread, on top of the steak: An abomination. On the side for the occasional dip, maybe but not necessary.

Plus 1. Top-quality beef doesn't need any sauce. If sauce or gravy is served, it should be on the side, never over the steak. For me, the gravy should go on the potatoes.

Reminds me of my Dad, when they asked how he liked his steak it was always "burn it". Typical Texan

My Dad, from Montana, felt the same, but would say, "Frazzle it." He wouldn't touch any meat that wasn't cooked very well done.

Evil

Plus 1. Top-quality beef doesn't need any sauce. If sauce or gravy is served, it should be on the side, never over the steak. For me, the gravy should go on the potatoes.

My Dad, from Montana, felt the same, but would say, "Frazzle it." He wouldn't touch any meat that wasn't cooked very well done.

Evil

As a kid who grew up in a commercial kitchen so to speak...I would hate to tell you what sometimes happens to a nice steak when someone orders well done, or medium well...chefs can be vindictive nasty people......

We had a saying in the Royal Navy, Different ships, different cap tallies which roughly translates as different strokes for different folks. My Way and Patricks are both Benelux style eateries which is why the sauce comes poured over the steak but I believe Patrick does serve his on the side, Mango will confirm this.

I do however like the way my steaks are served in the USA where the servers ask you to cut into the steak to make sure it is cooked to your liking. That would save a lot of grief here in the land of leather steaks.

...My Way and Patricks are both Benelux style eateries which is why the sauce comes poured over the steak but I believe Patrick does serve his on the side, Mango will confirm this...etc.

Yep, in my experience.

Guest Mr Pastry

I do not think there is any right or wrong way, as beef steak like any meat can be cooked in a variety of ways. I like it on its own, and with sauce, especially pepper sauce, but it also depends on the quality and cut of the steak. It all depends on one's individual taste and also perhaps the country or region where it is prepared or the recipe is was conceived. Some steak can be very bland on its own, others, you can cut through like butter and full of flavour.

If you like it with sauce on top, or on its own, its all good. There are no shoulds or should nots, its all about how you like it and what you choose to order from a menu. After all it is you who is going to eat it . Variety is the spice of life