Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

regyai

Pleasing New Restaurant South Of Town

Ive watched this place get built from the ground up and it was intriguing being as it was, made entirely of timber and built around existing trees as the structural support! An amazing huge balcony appeared and eventually a plethora of lights. Now low and behold its a most unusual Thai Restaurant.

Managed to make the first of many future trips here this evening. After dusk it develops a more 'fairy tale' ambiance. It's well thought out with multi levels ,and sizeable carpark accessed via a 'drive through', Thai wooden 'hammocks' (for over indulgers), and many rather grand water features. Live music and a huge balcony.

This is a great way to have a change from the usual local eateries on offer, and of course a great 'brownie point' scorer with the tirak too. Food is an eclectic selection (including frog, crocodile, bird, deer)and quite inexpensive our four dishes , two plates of rice and soft drinks came to just over 500 baht.

I'll let the pictures do the talking and finish with directions at the end of the post:

IMG_6708.JPG

IMG_6710.JPG

IMG_6711.JPG

IMG_6712.JPG

IMG_6714.JPG

IMG_6715.JPG

IMG_6716.JPG

IMG_6721.JPG

IMG_6722.JPG

IMG_6723.JPG

IMG_6724.JPG

IMG_6725.JPG

IMG_6726.JPG

IMG_6727.JPG

IMG_6729.JPG

IMG_6730.JPG

IMG_6731.JPG

IMG_6732.JPG

IMG_6733.JPG

IMG_6734.JPG

IMG_6735.JPG

IMG_6736.JPG

If you fancy giving it a try its on Huay Yai Road thats the first traffic lights after the Floating Market on Sukhumvit going south. Turn left onto Huay yai Road go over the railway lines and past the market on the left the restaurant is then a further 100 yards on the left.

Alternatively if its easier for you just go south on the railway road, keep going until you run out of railway road and turn left, on past the market , restaurant is a further 100yards on the left hand side.

Enjoy ;)

id be scared to go in the place coz it looks like its about to fall down .

Nothing like good rustic surroundings, a few bars in Pattaya like that.

cant think of any .

nearest ive seen to it might be the jungo bar which is also just bits of wood .

I suppose there are plenty of thai places like it that I just don't look at while passing .

cant think of any .

nearest ive seen to it might be the jungo bar which is also just bits of wood .

I suppose there are plenty of thai places like it that I just don't look at while passing .

I was being facetious. Quite like the wooden style bars and restaurants, gives a little bit of character. There is a real nice place like that that I went to in Wang Nam Kiew in Khao Yai. Another great place that is nearly all wood inside is a Thai bar near to the Pullman hotel in Khon Kaen. My style of place.