Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
stickyfingers

Iphone 4s Unlocking And Reccomendations For Thai Sim Pls

Hi I will be back to Patts in the new year and want to use my iphone4s as my local thai mobile when there.

Currently at end of contract with Tesco mobile (O2) and have got a new android mobile so will keep separate.

Where's best place apart from the rip off hyenas in Tukcom to get unlocked and which is best for local usage in Thai as need to be able to use the wifi and apps that go with it i.e.; whatsapp and Line etc..costs etc..

Have read you can do it yourself online??

Used AIS 1 to call before just wondering if Dtac/ True would be better??

Although I'm supposed to be able to access AIS wifi with my AIS data package, I don't recall ever seeing a single hotspot. Hardly matters though, almost everywhere you go there's free wifi.

I use almost nothing from my mobile data package; thinking about giving it up and just using the 30 baht daily low-speed shit if I ever need it. That worked fine for Google Maps satnav on my GS4. I have a laptop and ADSL/wifi in the room though, YMMV.

For phone service I'd stick with AIS especially if you will be spending any time anywhere besides BKK and Pattaya. Coverage is sparse for the rest of them outside the big cities.

Guest Carp Trader

Although I'm supposed to be able to access AIS wifi with my AIS data package, I don't recall ever seeing a single hotspot. Hardly matters though, almost everywhere you go there's free wifi.

I use almost nothing from my mobile data package; thinking about giving it up and just using the 30 baht daily low-speed shit if I ever need it. That worked fine for Google Maps satnav on my GS4. I have a laptop and ADSL/wifi in the room though, YMMV.

For phone service I'd stick with AIS especially if you will be spending any time anywhere besides BKK and Pattaya. Coverage is sparse for the rest of them outside the big cities.

Bruce I use AIS,,, for 150 baht you get 200 mins for 20 days *500*200#

I have seen the odd AIS hotspot, what's the cost to access that ?

What's the code for the daily net access ?, I just use the phone credit but would be handy to know if in the boondocks...

Cheers

What's the code for the daily net access ?, I just use the phone credit but would be handy to know if in the boondocks...

Cheers

For 399B a month ais give you 1gb of 3g at decent speed and 2gb of WiFi

They deduct it monthly and sms you to remind you to have the money in your 1-2 call account a few days before. A good deal and no comittment

I'm not sure I need ANY mobile data plan. What I currently have is 399 baht for 1Gb @ 3G speed, then unlimited data at the slower speed (256K I think). I never use the 1Gb of 3G, not even close.

It comes free with the mobile data package I have. According to their website you can get 30 day unlimited access to AIS wifi for 69 baht, or for 99 baht you get 30 day unlimited access to AIS and 3BB wifi.

Cheers

I just switched on mobile data in my phone and it worked. I got an SMS saying I could have so much data for free, then after that I'd be charged 30 baht for the rest of the day. A day or so after that I got the SMS for the data plan I currently have. This might depend on the plan/promotion your SIM card is on.

I'd pop into an AIS shop if you're interested in checking this stuff out mate. The one in Central Festival is quite good.

I'm not sure I need ANY mobile data plan. What I currently have is 399 baht for 1Gb @ 3G speed, then unlimited data at the slower speed (256K I think). I never use the 1Gb of 3G, not even close.<br /> <br />It comes free with the mobile data package I have. According to their website you can get 30 day unlimited access to AIS wifi for 69 baht, or for 99 baht you get 30 day unlimited access to AIS and 3BB wifi.<br /> <br />I just switched on mobile data in my phone and it worked. I got an SMS saying I could have so much data for free, then after that I'd be charged 30 baht for the rest of the day. A day or so after that I got the SMS for the data plan I currently have. This might depend on the plan/promotion your SIM card is on.<br /><br />I'd pop into an AIS shop if you're interested in checking this stuff out mate. The one in Central Festival is quite good.

<br />I think I'm almost the complete opposite of this. <br />I have the AIS 399baht package, 200 mins of free calls and 1gb data. <br />I quite often go over the 1gb but hardly put a dent in the 200mins.

<br />I think I'm almost the complete opposite of this. <br />I have the AIS 399baht package, 200 mins of free calls and 1gb data. <br />I quite often go over the 1gb but hardly put a dent in the 200mins.

There's free wifi everywhere I spend an appreciable amount of time mate. Getting to where it's hard to avoid. :)