Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 29th of June... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Rob Jones

Phnom Pen - 15 June 2015

Where are the Peter Storm style bareback pics?

A Peter Storm/Rob Jones photo cock off is needed to decide the winner.

Well worth a visit for a few days. The riverside promenade area has some great restaurants and non P4P bars. The royal palace there is on a par with the Grand Palace in Bangkok, IMHO.

Yes I had a look at some of them bars and restaurants and they were very nice

Great to read an RJ TR, well written, photos a bit lacking the Firth professionalism but I doubt you were using a tripod or caring for much more than the general view. Looks an ok place but would like to get to see more of what is on offer in PP for a non P4P tourist.

Decent food as foreigners are allowed to work and the costs of quality imported goods are very cheap. It's been years since I've been to PP but by the looks of things it's coming along nicely.

Decent food as foreigners are allowed to work and the costs of quality imported goods are very cheap. It's been years since I've been to PP but by the looks of things it'sw coming along nicely.

It's still a dump mate but the attitude and general behaviour of the folk is was what struck me so positively about the place

Almost impossible to walk as there are no pavements and rubbish tipped over the place.

It's still a dump mate but the attitude and general behaviour of the folk is was what struck me so positively about the place

Almost impossible to walk as there are no pavements and rubbish tipped over the place.

Cambodians are a far nicer people in their attitude to foreigners that Thais IMO.

Its the one thing that impresses me most about the place.Taxi drivers,waiters etc.,all very polite and friendly.

You should go to Siem Reap next time and do the Angkor temples,beautiful place.Have been thinking of going back next year.

Cambodians are a far nicer people in their attitude to foreigners that Thais IMO.

Its the one thing that impresses me most about the place.Taxi drivers,waiters etc.,all very polite and friendly.

You should go to Siem Reap next time and do the Angkor temples,beautiful place.Have been thinking of going back next year.

Yes the hawkers are a pleasure to deal with. No digging you in the back, grunting and pushing their goods in your face.

Honestly mate the taxi drivers are a great example of how to behave with tourists.

But so few smartphones means you have their attention -all of them. They are interested and friendlier, little shy but still confident.

Most work 2 jobs to get extra money to learn English. They absolutely have my respect

The shop assistants in 7-11s (called smile there) wai you and smile and chat

Honestly mate the taxi drivers are a great example of how to behave with tourists.

But so few smartphones means you have their attention -all of them. They are interested and friendlier, little shy but still confident.

Most work 2 jobs to get extra money to learn English. They absolutely have my respect

The shop assistants in 7-11s (called smile there) wai you and smile and chat

When i did the Angkor tour our guide was a young guy who was working to pay for his university education.Lovely fella.Gave him a $10 tip when he dropped me off and he was over the moon.The guy deserved a good tip.Unlike the Thais who look at you like sh1t if they don't get the tip they think they deserve.

When i did the Angkor tour our guide was a young guy who was working to pay for his university education.Lovely fella.Gave him a $10 tip when he dropped me off and he was over the moon.The guy deserved a good tip.Unlike the Thais who look at you like sh1t if they don't get the tip they think they deserve.

I went around and tipped all the staff at my hotel because they all went above and beyond the call of their duty.

Great well written report Rob. Cheers for taking the time. Glad you enjoyed yourself there.

I will pencil PP in for a visit. Did Angkor few years back which was good.

Cheers.

Great well written report Rob. Cheers for taking the time. Glad you enjoyed yourself there.

I will pencil PP in for a visit. Did Angkor few years back which was good.

Cheers.

The only Angkor I did was drink their beer with the same name

used to be $ 5 dollars bar fine and $30 long time , not too long ago mate in there .

$30 was what I paid 18 months ago several times for LT.

Edited by aw1

Good report, what's the latest club now?

It was heart of darkness first time I went, last time Platoon...

Love the name of the places !

"Apocalypse Now" was a good raunchy place in HCMC in 2008 / 2009

Filipinos are even nicer mate.

The place I liked best was Zanadu. There was a late night club on the same side as Spiderman Bar - about 6 bars up and it was fun but I can't remember the name. It had FLs and dancing area

The place I liked best was Zanadu. There was a late night club on the same side as Spiderman Bar - about 6 bars up and it was fun but I can't remember the name. It had FLs and dancing area

Used to be a club called Xanadu in the Hilton (? ? ) Pusan, South Korea many years ago.

Nice place to pick up some HiSo free lancers....... A bit like "Spasso" at the Hyatt in BKK. Good memories in there.

Used to be a club called Xanadu in the Hilton (? ? ) Pusan, South Korea many years ago.

Nice place to pick up some HiSo free lancers....... A bit like "Spasso" at the Hyatt in BKK. Good memories in there.

Yes it was spelt Xanadu, but thats about the only thing it would have in common with the place at the Hilton in s Korea. Still, a nice bar with pretty girls that suited my needs

Used to be a big open air night club, think it was called Martini's, was quite a bizarre place.

Used to be a big open air night club, think it was called Martini's, was quite a bizarre place.

I remember that place. Memories twisting through the pages of my mind...

full of under age Vietnamese mostly .

I was in PP in the 90's

Was standard rule. But a bit more dangerous then now I would think.

Had a friend running an hotel over there.

Yup that's the one. Had a girl ask me to buy her a drink in there, I asked 'Why should I ?", "If you don't I'll have you shot" was the reply with a smile. Laughed and bought her a drink, and left 10 minutes later !