Latest News
  • The Latest News
  • The lottery
  • Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again the luckydip tickets wins....

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Evil Penevil

Hooters Opens Pattaya Branch On Beach Rd

The Pattaya branch, at Soi 13 and Beach Road, is billed as the largest Hooters in the world, with seating for over 500 customers. To give an idea of what it looks like inside and out, the first six pics have been lifted from the Hooters Pattaya Facebook page. The remainder I took.

post-9139-0-64038200-1451556232.jpg

post-9139-0-28204100-1451556228.jpg

post-9139-0-82750000-1451556230.jpg

Hooters is famous for two things: its chicken wings and big-boobed waitresses.

post-9139-0-13059900-1451556226.jpg

post-9139-0-03622200-1451556224.jpg

But remember, it's not a P4P establishment, just a sports bar and restaurant with high prices. This sign hangs in many Hooters in the U.S. The really tiny print at the bottom says, "You don't."

post-9139-0-14083800-1451556250.jpg

Some pics taken between 6.00 p.m. and 7.30 p.m. on Jan. 1.

post-6485-0-17896100-1451698979.jpg

post-6485-0-15456000-1451698975.jpg

post-6485-0-88303700-1451699692.jpg

post-6485-0-65284800-1451699685.jpg

post-6485-0-37320200-1451699680.jpg

post-6485-0-72757600-1451698982.jpg

post-6485-0-89653800-1451699253.jpg

post-6485-0-93631600-1451699266.jpg

post-6485-0-81909100-1451699271.jpg

post-6485-0-55618700-1451699160.jpg

post-6485-0-39084300-1451699676.jpg

post-6485-0-93528500-1451699256.jpg

post-6485-0-84269000-1451699262.jpg

• post-6485-0-83305500-1451699275.jpg
  • post-6485-0-08719000-1451699279.jpg
  • post-6485-0-54099400-1451699282.jpg
  • Like 1

At 6.30 p.m. , the farang manager (British accent) apologized over the mike in the DJ booth for the slowness in service of food orders. He blamed it on some start-up glitches in the kitchen. He also called on all waitresses to "drop everything else" and take part in the dance routine. He had to repeat his call to the girls about five times before they complied. I can understand the girls. It's far more important to get the orders out to the customers than further delay things by 10 minutes for a silly dance show. It was roughly what you see from the staff at MK and some other Thai restaurants, maybe even less complicated. It was exactly the same style of arm-and-leg-shaking routine you see kindergarten kids perform on Parents' Day. It was better than watching a cockroach get squashed, but I didn't find it entertaining and thought it was an unnecessary additional delay in already very slow service.

post-6485-0-21531300-1451703688.jpg

post-6485-0-07115100-1451703692.jpg

post-6485-0-15193500-1451703696.jpg

post-6485-0-05764800-1451703705.jpg

I will do a separate review of the food in my next post. Some initial impressions:

Pros:

• very friendly, attentive and attractive Hooters girls. Every one of them smiled at me each time they walked past and most asked, "How are things?," "Is everything OK?" and similar. Even the Russian bartenders smiled!
  • the prices on the menu are net, i.e., they include a 10% service charge and 7% VAT.
  • interior decoration was OK, nothing fancy. Good level of lighting (strange yellow tint, though) and the background music (U.S. "easy listening" tunes) wasn't too loud. EDIT IN TO CORRECT: The air temperature was like Baby Bear's porridge- not too hot, not too cold, but just right. The ventilation was good, there are fans on the walls, but there does not appear to be central air conditioning..
  • very clean, including the toilets
  • prices on the menu are net, i.e., they include the service and VAT charges
  • no smoking inside, but I believe there is a smoking section on the veranda.
  • lots of big screen TVs that showed everything from U.S. college football to BBC nature programs. For me, it was fun to watch Clemson beat Oklahoma in the semi-finals of the national college championship, but that might go in the "con" column for many non-Americans.
  • drink prices were reasonable. I don't think it is out of line to pay 150 baht for a bottle of SML in a bar like Hooters. and it's happy hour every day between 11.00 am and 6.00 pm, with discounts on booze and draft beer.

Cons

• ridiculously high prices for food. I haven't sampled much of it, but what I had and what I saw seemed virtually identical to what you'd get at a Hooters in the U.S., except at higher prices. That said, I saw a steady stream of burgers coming out of the kitchen while I was there, so the prices can't be that discouraging.
  • service was a fuster cluck, but that may be down to the newness of the restaurant. The girls did their best, but the problem seemed to be the speed at which the food came out of the kitchen.

It appears Hooters is attempting to be a sports bar and restaurant from late morning through early evening and more of a night spot later on. Time will tell if they allow freelancers to ply their trade in the late evening and if the girls find their way there. But it has to be emphasized, Hooters is NOT a P4P establishment.

Evil

• Like 1

And the death of Pattaya as we knew it continues :realmad:

I give the place 2 years, I was at a Hooters in Shanghai last month, overpriced crap food and birds who think their shit don't stink. Not for me Ronaldo. This shit should stay in the west.

Why would I want to pay go go bar prices for drinks with burds I can't get my hands on.

Hooters is no good for me. Doesn't pass the smelly finger test and why would I pay more for a place when there are adequate less expensive establishments nearby.

And the death of Pattaya as we knew it continues :realmad:

I give the place 2 years, I was at a Hooters in Shanghai last month, overpriced crap food and birds who think their shit don't stink.

The oldest of the Hooters Shanghai branches has been open since 2004. There are now three in Shanghai. Hooters has proved very popular in Asia. Previously, the two largest Hooters were in Singapore and Tokyo (believe it has six branches now). Aslo in Beijing and Taipei the Hooters have attracted a lot of customers. The two Bangkok branches of Hooters that have opened are said to be busy.

Hooters' strength in Asia appears to be that it attracts a good mix of customers, wealthy locals, ex-pats and tourists.

Evil

Hard getting a decent burger in patts, I guess this place has potential....

Great review and pics, and thanks for that Evil.

But it's not what I come to Pattaya for.

I can't get my head around this, maybe someone could help me:

Hooters (anywhere) is a bistro, at best, where girls with big arses and possibly big tits serve you overpriced alcohol and junk food.

Pattaya is a place where many men, though not all, go to drink cheap beer, eat cheap food and shag cheap women. Hooters girls are 'unavailable'.

Pattaya is a place where other people go, Russian families(lately), Indians and Pakis and the like, Arabs, Chinks, Japs, Koreans and regular Thai families who want a weekend by the sea which is full of shit. There's probably the odd farang/couple who end up there and don't get the place, oh and of course, Seppos, the original LDOPS who need junk food away from home. Not just that, but they need to look at girls with big asses and possibly big tits and fantasize over them because their wives are all 150Kg warthogs and the local hookers have either got more diseases than the national biological research lab, or are cops in drag waiting to lock them up.

So, WTF travel to a third world country to eat junk food at prices supposedly dearer than that at home, to look at girls whom you still can't shag, pay more for beer than at home, or certainly in a nearby bar with girls you can shag?

Please someone, help me.

I can't get my head around this, maybe someone could help me:

Hooters (anywhere) is a bistro, at best, where girls with big arses and possibly big tits serve you overpriced alcohol and junk food.

Pattaya is a place where many men, though not all, go to drink cheap beer, eat cheap food and shag cheap women. Hooters girls are 'unavailable'.

Pattaya is a place where other people go, Russian families(lately), Indians and Pakis and the like, Arabs, Chinks, Japs, Koreans and regular Thai families who want a weekend by the sea which is full of shit. There's probably the odd farang/couple who end up there and don't get the place, oh and of course, Seppos, the original LDOPS who need junk food away from home. Not just that, but they need to look at girls with big asses and possibly big tits and fantasize over them because their wives are all 150Kg warthogs and the local hookers have either got more diseases than the national biological research lab, or are cops in drag waiting to lock them up.

So, WTF travel to a third world country to eat junk food at prices supposedly dearer than that at home, to look at girls whom you still can't shag, pay more for beer than at home, or certainly in a nearby bar with girls you can shag?

Please someone, help me.

Hooters caters to guys that are too lazy, tired or bored to chase women and prefer to look and be pampered with food and drink with which they are familiar. They would prefer it be a place where the little woman and her sprogs could visit as well if need be so they didn't need a hall pass to get out with the boys. Price is insignificant. Those guys can go into a Hooters with or without their family with no stigma. That is one reason Sports bars are the most popular in the US for guys past their 20s. Most sports bars in the US resemble Hooters more than places where guys used to go to sneak a stoggie, some suds and a hot dog and catch the Packers re-run.

I think much of Pattaya is moving in this direction, particularly as the tourist profile changes to less of whitey and more Asian.

Hooters caters to guys that are too lazy, tired or bored to chase women and prefer to look and be pampered with food and drink with which they are familiar. They would prefer it be a place where the little woman and her sprogs could visit as well if need be so they didn't need a hall pass to get out with the boys. Price is insignificant. Those guys can go into a Hooters with or without their family with no stigma. That is one reason Sports bars are the most popular in the US for guys past their 20s. Most sports bars in the US resemble Hooters more than places where guys used to go to sneak a stoggie, some suds and a hot dog and catch the Packers re-run.

I think much of Pattaya is moving in this direction, particularly as the tourist profile changes to less of whitey and more Asian.

Thank you.

A very sad state of affairs,and if visitors to Pattaya reflect that demographic then the place is destined for meltdown long before bargirls charge 2000ST.

What's the price of draft beer during happy hour?

I like their food, especially the wings.

What's the price of draft beer during happy hour?

I like their food, especially the wings.

I read elsewhere that the price of a pint of Singha is 100 baht and Asahi is 120 baht during happy hour, but I can't vouch for that personally. I'll try to check it out. The "after six" price is 170 for a pint of Singha and 190 for Asahi; 280 for a pint of Magners and 300 for a pint of Guiness.

I read elsewhere that the price of a pint of Singha is 100 baht and Asahi is 120 baht during happy hour, but I can't vouch for that personally. I'll try to check it out. The "after six" price is 170 for a pint of Singha and 190 for Asahi; 280 for a pint of Magners and 300 for a pint of Guiness.

In the Bkk branches the Singha is 2-for-1 pints during HH.

Your bin comes marked 144.4 which I guess is less the net++ which drives it up to 170 for 2 pints.

Thanks. 100 baht is not bad.

In the Bkk branches the Singha is 2-for-1 pints during HH.

Your bin comes marked 144.4 which I guess is less the net++ which drives it up to 170 for 2 pints.

170 for 2, even better.

Just hope they are able to produce the same quality food as in the states.

170 for 2, even better.

Just hope they are able to produce the same quality food as in the states.

if they can... They are on a winner... I love their wings!!!

I can go to the nearest hOOters and get all you can eat wings for under $20 (including tip).

The gals at our hOOters have some really massive tits, and tiny little asses.

I think that gal in the promo shoot for hOOters Pattaya doesn't really work there. It seems like none of them on the floor serving have anything bigger than an A cup.

I saw a video of them dancing around, and it was the same, flatness.

I was nearly ill after eating 39 wings there last week.

:w00t:

Yeah, not being able to down the last 9 of the 4th dozen would be sickening.

Getting a lot of bad reviews on their Facebook page.

Some are trying to defend the place with the old teething problems line and give it time.

Photo taken from Breakfast Club Pattaya's Facebook page.

500 baht for this.

post-28803-0-89614300-1451792448_thumb.j

Yeah, not being able to down the last 9 of the 4th dozen would be sickening.

They bring them in sets of 10, so there was only one left out of 40. I started it, but just couldn't finish.

They bring them in sets of 10, so there was only one left out of 40. I started it, but just couldn't finish.

Apologies, I confused the wings with the "Buffalo" shrimp I had in Bkk; they came by the dozen, a tragedy regardless to leave one on a plate. They are good.

As far as wings go, I find the Hooters version to be much different than any other place I have had them in Thailand ... different as in the Hooters wings are much better, the closest I have found to them is Hanrahans on Soi 4 in Bkk but they are still a poor second to Hooters in my view.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.