Latest News
  • The Latest News
  • The lottery
  • Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again the luckydip tickets wins....

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Evil Penevil

Bite Me Bistro On 3Rd Road

Haha, mad and drunk at 07.00 am ...

lol.....7am on Seven's Sundays.......Wanchai must be packed!

GO AMERIKA.....word is we are the weekend darlings. Taking down Argentina and Australia on same day yesterday might be the start of a new revolution!

A smoked salmon pizza is one of the very few things that could lure me out of my nice dry condo and into the water-throwing madness of Songkran in Pattaya. Sure enough, I got soaked and even worse, smeared with that goddamned white paste, both on the way to Bite Me and on the way back, but the special of the day was worth dripping wet clothes and the 240 baht it cost.

post-6485-0-71924700-1460559299.jpg

If you only think of pizza in terms of the Italian-American variation with a tomato sauce and melted mozzarella, the Bit Me version might take you by surprise. It could just as easily (and accurately) be called Smoked Salmon on Round Flatbread, but that wouldn't be as much fun.

post-6485-0-46116800-1460559303.jpg

Basically, the flatbread base was cooked separately and a generous portion of smoked salmon was placed on it after the base had cooled a bit. The capers and creme fraiche added the right touch; they complement the delicate flavor of the salmon but don't overwhelm it. Plase excuse the poor quality of the pics. I don't dare take my DSLR camera with me during Songkran and used a waterproof compact camera instead. It's not very good for close-ups.

post-6485-0-25749700-1460559306.jpg

post-6485-0-91439900-1460559310.jpg

Supposedly smoked salmon pizza was first made by celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck at his flagship restaurant Spago in Beverly Hills, CA. Modern food legend has it that Puck ran out of bagels one day and used pizza dough as a substitute. His smoked salmon pizza, topped with caviar, was big hit.

post-6485-0-73193100-1460559308.jpg

post-6485-0-29660600-1460559313.jpg

Not much more to say, other than if you get a chance, don't hesitate to try smoked salmon pizza at Bite Me.

Evil

devil.gif

The name alone is enough to put me off.

I've never really understood the names some folks come up with for their establishments.

I remember a bar in Banchang called Cupid Stunts. While it's obviously a clever anagram, I don't think it's a draw for customers.

the chef is the correct nationality.

Yeah, but Thai chefs are so easy to find in Thailand, LMAO!

:w00t:

I guess you mean the chef is Scottish, however.

Does he make a mean Haggis?

Yeah, but Thai chefs are so easy to find in Thailand, LMAO!

:w00t:

I guess you mean the chef is Scottish, however.

Does he make a mean Haggis?

All Haggi are mean, a vicious feral beast.

Nice one Evil. Thanks for taking the time and effort to sample the food and to share your report. It looks lovely. Oh and yes I do like the name of the Bistro.

Really don't care what it's called, the food looks fantastic and every review seems to back this up.

Will certainly try it it next time I'm up in Pattaya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had the opportunity to have dinner there tonight.

GF enjoyed the chicken cacciatore (hunter pot), containing chicken, noodles, tomatos, olives and pepper, 290 Baht.

27223161iz.jpg

She liked it very much, it was a huge portion.

I had to help but still couldn't empty the plate. I enjoyed it as well, nice flavours, but the chicken was a bit dry.

I selected one the daily specials:  Duck & Cranberry Pasty with a Chicken Liver Pate Base, Lyonnaise Potatoes, Mixed Veg & Mushroom Sauce, 215Baht.

27223239qc.jpg

27223250nm.jpg

The potatoes were nice, the sauce ok, the mushrooms in the sauce excellent.

I didn't like pastry. Tasted like some old cookies and was dry. Despite the sauce it made the whole dish dry. The filling was ok, couldn't taste any cranberries though.

Wouldn't recommend this dish.

Bill with 3 Leos @ 65Baht came to 700 Baht total.

Hope to try some more dishes soon, as I like what is offered on the menu.

Edited by CampariO

o, BiteMeBistro said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all our North American friends and customers!

A Thanksgiving Turkey Special with all the trimmings today at  320B - Roast Turkey, Green Bean Casserole, Biscuits & Country Gravy, Cranberry Sauce, Roast Sweet Potatoes, Creamed Potatoes, MIxed Veg.... while it lasts, 11 dishes already gone at 11.30am! Pumpkin Pie dessert 120B

I was one of the 11. In fact, I was the first customer of the day at Bite Me for the Thanksgiving special. As a meal, it was very good and held Bite Me's high standard. However, as a traditional North American Thanksgiving meal, it had some shortcomings that mainly had to do with the perception of what dishes should be included in a Turkey Day meal. Some of it had to do with differences in U.K. and U.S. terminology. None of this affected the taste of the food on the plate, only the preconceived notion of what should be there. Bite Me! is well-known for its innovative take on classic dishes, so it's not surprising the Thanksgiving meal you get there would be different from one served in Omaha or Jersey City.

post-9139-0-36360700-1479994800.jpg

First, the positives. The star of the plate, the roast turkey, was moist and full of flavor. It was a generous portion, too. In the pic, some of the turkey is hidden under the potatoes. The mashed potato, gravy, cranberry sauce, roast sweet potato and veggies were all fine, properly cooked from fresh quality ingredients. The overall meal was large and value for money at 320 baht. A bit of trivia: the roast sweet potato belonged to the "firm sweet potato" category, with yellow skin and flesh. The type of sweet potato commonly served at Thanksgiving and Christmas, but also widely eaten as an everyday starch, has a copper skin and orange flesh. When cooked, the flesh is softer, less waxy and has a more pronounced taste than its firm cousin. Soft sweet potatoes are often called "yams" in the U.S., but true yams are an entirely different tuber from a separate plant family.

post-9139-0-74315600-1479994814.jpg

Now to the deviations from a traditional N American Thanksgiving meal. Biscuits and country gravy is ordinarily a breakfast dish in the U.S., less often a quick dinner when money is tight. I've never before seen it included in a Thanksgiving meal. Also, the biscuit at Bite Me! wasn't the soft U.S. variety, but more like a shortbread crust. Green bean casserole is a relatively new addition to N American holiday tables. It was invented in 1955 by the Campbell Soup company and consisted of green beans, canned mushroom soup and French fried onions baked in the oven. It was an easily prepared side dish that became an instant hit. In the past 62, many variations have appeared, including the addition of bacon, sliced almonds, sweet peppers, etc. and substituting sour cream for canned soup. The bean casserole side I got at Bite Me! was very good, but I wouldn't have guessed it was a green bean casserole.

post-9139-0-13135800-1479994835.jpg 
I would have liked more stuffing with my meal. What I got was fine and had an interesting taste accented by the bacon wrap. A traditional Thanksgiving meal would have included a scoop or two of bread-based stuffing. Also, in U.K., creamed potatoes are a luxury variation of mashed potatoes with butter and boiling milk added to roughly mashed boiled potatoes, then the mixture is whipped. In the U.S., that might be called creamy mashed potatoes, but creamed potatoes are something different- chunks of boiled potatoes served in a white sauce. Most of this has been nitpicking, sometimes about the name of the dish. I want to emphasis I had no complaints about the taste of the food.

post-9139-0-04432400-1479994838.jpg 

Bottom line: A good but different Thanksgiving meal at a modest price for a big plate of food. Pumpkin pie was also on the menu for dessert at 120 baht, but I was just too full to give it a try. Maybe next year!

Evil

post-9139-0-75696000-1479994830.gif ...post-9139-0-85234000-1479994828.gif 

Friday @ The Bite! Two great specials -

Honey and Tamarind Glazed Duck Breast with an Apple and Cashew Nut Mixed Salad, Creamy Mash - 270฿

Sesame Seared Rare Tuna served with a Pickled Vegetable & Seaweed Salad and Ponzu Dressing with Garlic Bread - 295฿

The Bite - corner of 3rd Road and soi Lengkee Central Pattaya

Going to post daily from now on

Just 6 day weeks for now for the Bite, closing Sundays, 1pm to 10pm (Bite), 1pm to midnight 7/7 for Naando's

FB_IMG_1501219671700.jpg

FB_IMG_1501202902892.jpg

The Bite Thursday specials - 4 Cheese and Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Breast with a Garden Salad and Balsamic Dressing, Roast Potato Wedges 260B

Lamb Moussaka with Garlic Bread and a Dressed Garden Salad - 220B

The Bite - corner of Lengkee and 3rd Road - next to Pagoda Hotel

IMG_0048.JPG

Mention this post and get a free freshly brewed coffee with any main meal or special until September 10th, or 10% off your food bill!

The Bite (tel 0831928223) & Naando's (tel 0985541600) 312/12 Moo 9 Chaloemphrakiat - Third Road Pattaya

12.927474, 100.886651

Next to Pagoda Hotel

IMG_0079.JPG

IMG_0080.JPG

You can't say we don't spoil you for choice at the Bite!

Bite Saturdays specials are full of the best flavours in town:

1. Poached Salmon in a Hollandaise Sauce, with Buttered Steamed Potatoes, Capers & Mixed Salad - 310฿ (or lemon, cream and white wine sauce)

2. Chicken Breast & Oyster Mushrooms in a Creamy White Wine Sauce with Wild Rice - 260฿

3. Honey and Tamarind Glazed Duck Breast with an Apple and Cashew Nut Mixed Salad, Creamy Mash - 270฿

4. Sesame Seared Rare Tuna served with a Pickled Vegetable & Seaweed Salad and Ponzu Dressing with Garlic Bread - 295฿

SET MENU now only 390B!

STARTER - Cream of Carrot Soup with Garlic Bread

MAIN COURSE - Baked Sea Bass in a Butter, White Wine and Garlic Sauce, with Steamed Potatoes, Mixed Veg, and a Balsamic Salad of the Day

DESSERT - Toffee Cake with Butterscotch Sauce and Ice-Cream or Whipped Cream

390B including a free soft drink!

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

IMG_0095.JPG

The Bite Triple Tuesday specials -

Lamb Moussaka with Garlic Bread and a Dressed Garden Salad - 230B

Pork Tenderloin Fillets in a Creamy Mushroom and White Wine Sauce, with Sauteed Potatoes and Onion, Garden Broccoli Salad - 250B

Teriyaki Salmon with Zucchini Pasta (or Wild Rice) - 310B

IMG_0147.JPG

At Bite we bring you new flavours to try as often as possible - and today we have two first time dishes on special for you..

1. Seared Rare Tuna with Mediterranean Pasta Linguine in a Rich Pernod, Onion & Tomato Sauce - 240B

2. Chicken Breast stuffed with Sautéed Spinach, Herbs & Sausage Meat, with Mixed Veg and Creamed Mash in a Rich Red Wine Sauce - 260B

The Bite is very close to the corner of 3rd Road & Lengkee in Central Pattaya, beside the Pagoda Hotel. Open 1pm till late. Sometimes even before. Still not sure? Just enter Lat 12.927474 Long 100.886651 into Google Maps and it'll bring you straight to us.

IMG_0171.JPG

All looking lovely !   Hell, had I been a bit younger I would have seduced you cook ..... 

• Haha 1

Thursday Bite Specials!

1. Cajun Chicken with Potato Wedges or Savoury Rice, Red Onion Marmalade, Garden Salad with a Balsamic Dressing - 250B

2. Aussie Ribeye Steak (220g) with Onion Rings, Sauteed Potatoes, Mushrooms and Garden Salad (choice of red wine, pepper or mushroom sauces) - 390B

IMG_0190.JPG

Free quality coffee with freshly roasted beans from our new supplier P&F Bangkok! With ANY special or main menu dish all day today.

1. Duck Confit (two legs) with a Mediterranean Couscous, in a Rich Tomato Sauce - 270B

2. Escalope of Chicken topped with a Four Cheese, Tomato & Onion Sauce, with Sautéed Potato, Bacon Lardons and Onion, Fresh Salad - 260B

IMG_0228.JPG

Saturday Triple Specials

1. Baked Salmon Fillet with potato and garden salads, with a choice of either a simple butter or a lemon, cream and white wine sauce (295฿)
  2. Sticky Bourbon Chicken with Wild Rice (215฿)
  3. Slow-Braised Lamb Shank in a Red Wine and Chorizo Sauce with Creamy Mash, Bokchoi and Beetroot Jus (330฿)

Dessert special Crepes Suzette or Sticky Toffee Pud with Vanilla Ice-Cream and a Fresh Coffee - 145฿

The Bite is on 3rd Road close to the corner of soi Lengkee, next to the Pagoda Hotel.

GPS 12.927474, 100.886651

tel 0831928223 for bookings

Free delivery main menu dishes Central Pattaya, 50฿ other areas. Specials delivered for 50฿ in town

IMG_0234.JPG

The Bite Tuesday specials

1. 4 Cheese and Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Breast with a Garden Salad and Balsamic Dressing, Roast Potato Wedges 260B
  2. BBQ Jack Daniels Pork Chop with grilled veg (mushroom, zucchini, tomato and pineapple) with chunky chips 245B

New three course weekly set at just 390B including a freshly brewed coffee, choice of starters, mains and dessert - see photo

IMG_0281.JPG

IMG_0282.JPG

Wednesday Triple Specials @ The Bite!

1. Grilled Sea Bass in a Creamy White Wine Sauce on a Bed of Buttered Mash and Steamed Veg -  260฿

2. Duck in an Orange Sauce, with Potato Gratin and Bokchoy - 270฿

3. Chicken & Mushroom Cream Pasta with Smoked Paprika - 245฿

New weekly 3 course set menu just 390B! (See photo). Includes a free freshly brewed coffee until end of the month.  We don't just do a cheap, value for money set menu. For us, it's a labour of love. Both dishes in second photo on this week's 390B three course set.

"Partners' Thai Menu"

1. Tom Yum Soup (pork/chicken/shrimp) 155B
ต้มยำกุ้ง,ไก่, หมู  155

2. Kao Pad (pork/chicken/shrimp) 115B
ข้าวผัดกุ้ง,ไก่,หมู

3. Coconut Soup 150B
ต้มข่ากุ้ง,ไก่,หมู

4. Crispy Pork with Vegetables 135B
คะน้าหมูกรอบ ผัดผักรวมหมูกรอบ

IMG_0296.JPG

IMG_0305.JPG

Two favourites on special today. Don't forget we now have a selection of Thai dishes, and our weekly 390฿ set three course menu with a free coffee runs until the end of the week

1. Poached Salmon in a Hollandaise Sauce, with Buttered Steamed Potatoes, Capers & Mixed Salad - 310฿ (or lemon, cream and white wine sauce)

2. Pork Tenderloin Fillets in a Creamy Mushroom and White Wine Sauce, with Sauteed Potatoes and Onion, Garden Broccoli Salad - 240฿

IMG_0310.JPG

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.