Latest News
  • The Latest News
  • The lottery
  • Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again the luckydip tickets wins....

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

lanzalad

New features of the forum.

13 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

I'm only seeing older content.

What are you clicking on....

If you look at the content of this thread to will help you to find your way around

Just install a new plugin for clearing out all your notifications and its very easy to use just click on it:-

Screenshot at Jun 12 16-08-16.png

Right i've just been setting up the mobile version of the forum and now its working fine but IP Board want you to use the mobile version and don't really care about tapatalk.

Here's the mobile version using a browser:-

mobile.png

Take a look at this mate... 

I'll do a few test tomorrow and work out the ignore and blocking..... 

I'm pretty much getting the hang of this now. Just for thos who are still wondering, remember how you could just click beside someone's name to get the last post (or by mistake click on them and they accuse you of stalking them)? Now you just click on the solid circle or star  beside their name and it takes you to the last unread post.

What I can't get yet is getting to the top of the page without scrolling.

It's just about unlearning old habits of 8 years, and it's happening quickly!

1 hour ago, lanzalad said:

Right i've just been setting up the mobile version of the forum and now its working fine but IP Board want you to use the mobile version and don't really care about tapatalk.

Here's the mobile version using a browser:-

mobile.png

That's what I seem to be seeing. But can't find the view new posts on it....or if I can it's more of an activity log that what I was used to.

Any ideas?

On 08/06/2016 at 1:47 PM, piglet_j said:

could take a while as i`m not the sharpest tool in the shed:rolleyes:

+1 I am not over furnished in the brain department.

Why is it that when I open a tread it opens on the first page, even if the tread contains several pages ?

Being in "Unread content" the logic would be to open the tread on the last page, no ?

Or do I do something wrong ?

2 minutes ago, thai spice said:

Why is it that when I open a tread it opens on the first page, even if the tread contains several pages ?

Being in "Unread content" the logic would be to open the tread on the last page, no ?

Or do I do something wrong ?

Click the time last post was sent - that will take you to last comment :)

Looks good on the mobile, nice work Lanza. Cheers

There is much to like on the new software butI am having trouble getting used to it.

My normal modus operandi involves me using the view new content button which is a very simple one click operation. I then get to scan the threads, ignore the ones I have no interest in and open the threads I want to read and perhaps comment on.

Unfortunately the “activity” feature opens all the posts on each thread and I need to scan through pages of posts which I have little or no interest in. Once I have read a thread  you need to scroll to the top of the page and open the activity list which lists all the posts on all the threads. 

I am just not interested in “big Beer Bottles” and most of the activity seems to be in this thread.

In my opinion a simple one line entry indicating activity in a thread should be enough to bump the thread We don’t need to see every post.

Hope my comments are seen as constructive and not as complaints.

LastKnight

Here's how its done:-

If you click on VIEW CONTENT here's the path shown as i've tried to make it easy 

Screenshot at Jun 12 10-08-39.png

So just click on new content and the in the thread title which will take you to the last post in the thread:-

Screenshot at Jun 14 03-52-00.png

Using the mobile version I'm clicking the symbol to the left of the search magnifying glass which seems to bring up new content. 

Is this the right thing to do?

I've tried messing around with the filters to make threads open at the first unread post but I'm doing something wrong as it isn't saving this setting.

Would it be possible to set the forum default to be first unread post as I'm guessing that's what most folks would wish for.

Just now, thinkingallowed said:

Using the mobile version I'm clicking the symbol to the left of the search magnifying glass which seems to bring up new content. 

Is this the right thing to do?

I've tried messing around with the filters to make threads open at the first unread post but I'm doing something wrong as it isn't saving this setting.

Would it be possible to set the forum default to be first unread post as I'm guessing that's what most folks would wish for.

Yes mate i'll look into it for you and i also need to add a few things more to the mobile version which will help in navigating around the forum...

OK here's how you can view "new content" in two ways:-

1. This method will only show you THREADS &  POST that has been added to the forum that you have NOT viewed.

This will also show you new add content to a thread that you have open in the past but has mew post which you haven't seen:-

Screenshot at Jun 14 04-11-17.png

2. view content is really a 100% content in real time posting and updates as a member post on a thread..

This also gives you a view of the posting content for that post,

The key to all this is to use the menu to narrow your viewing page but don't look at it how it was used before

Both feature are NOT the same as before and the menu offers more of a choice.

Looks like this comes under the “Can’t please everyone” category. Trying to emulate a “New content” button is too messy and using the forum is just not fun. 

I guess if you want to read every post then it works but i’m not interested.

11 minutes ago, lastknight said:

Looks like this comes under the “Can’t please everyone” category. Trying to emulate a “New content” button is too messy and using the forum is just not fun. 

I guess if you want to read every post then it works but i’m not interested.

Its "View Content" and not new its all activity like i've said many times on this thread and it may pay to look at the post as above to find out how to use it..

To learn on how to view NEW CONTENT click on the link below or scroll up two post:-

Remember this ONLY shows posts and threads you have not yet opened.

If you reply to the post or thread then it will not show again until someone else posts..

I've just set out a chat room that will be limited to 5 members per chat.

Remember this is an open chat and not private and any member above a guest can join in and a mod or a admin will always sign into the chat when on line.

Screenshot at Jun 14 08-03-49.png

Screenshot at Jun 14 08-02-55.png

Just looked at it mate, says my group doesn't have access!

Also is there a quick way to the top of the page?

Cheers

There's some sort of problem and i'll need to look into it more but time for me to head down to immigration now...

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.