Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

lanzalad

introduce yourself to the forum

1 hour ago, thinkingallowed said:

Yup I'll be there on the 25th too and look forward to seeing you both. 

Cool I will be the little old dodgy grey hired fella in the corner lol

44 minutes ago, nickrock said:

Cool I will be the little old dodgy grey hired fella in the corner lol

Hmm, better not turn up drunk then as if I look for a small aging grey haired lad to talk to I could end up chatting to myself in the mirror. 

Lol so if I see two of me chatting to my self I won't blame the drink I will assume the better looking one is you

New member from Perth Western Australia checking in. Regular visitor to Thailand, just found this forum recently. Next trip due November and December 2017

1 minute ago, mcc66 said:

New member from Perth Western Australia checking in. Regular visitor to Thailand, just found this forum recently. Next trip due November and December 2017

WTTF 

Hello Thanks for having me on the board.   Decided to join a forum again.. haven't been on one for a while usually in Pattaya 4 or 5 times a year.. maybe a little less these days. First visited in 1964.  But visited regularly since 1990.... still enjoy it.. but i must say its not what it used to be..thinking of Cambodia next trip at least for some of the time.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs up 2

34 minutes ago, Barry White said:

Hi every one

hi and welcome to the forum .

i was very disappointed in you several years ago when you died only days before i was due to see you in concert .

• Like 1
  • Thumbs up 1

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 6:09 PM, Virago said:

Hello Thanks for having me on the board.   Decided to join a forum again.. haven't been on one for a while usually in Pattaya 4 or 5 times a year.. maybe a little less these days. First visited in 1964.  But visited regularly since 1990.... still enjoy it.. but i must say its not what it used to be..thinking of Cambodia next trip at least for some of the time.

Welcome mate !   Maybe meet up one day to trade some grey ships pictures and stories over a beer !

I just need to remember your "senior citizen" status !  (first visit 1964....)

BTW, great documentary in 4 episodes, I found it yesterday.  Very interesting , even being your "enemy" as they mentioned 100 times......

Edited by thai spice

Hello All, a new member here, went to Pattaya last year and seem to have been hooked. Will be in Pattaya for 3 weeks in October so it will be good to meet up if any one fancies a beer or two.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Kentgent said:

Hello All, a new member here, went to Pattaya last year and seem to have been hooked. Will be in Pattaya for 3 weeks in October so it will be good to meet up if any one fancies a beer or two.

Always happy to have a beer with new members. Don't think I will be at the members meet last Friday of October but that is a good date to meet with other members. 

Ask for Alex when you visit or pm Mulphy any other time and I am sure he will make you very welcome.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kentgent said:

Welcome to the board mate.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs up 1

On ‎01‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:09 AM, Virago said:

64 is that a typo or did you mean 84 ? anyway welcome

Welcome to pattaya live I hope the enforced was of your making not enforced on you

1 hour ago, nickrock said:

Welcome to pattaya live I hope the enforced was of your making not enforced on you

It's a long story that I'd rather not go into  but I'm a hell of a lot closer to Thailand now so all that's holding me back is motivation. 

7 hours ago, scooby said:

It's a long story that I'd rather not go into  but I'm a hell of a lot closer to Thailand now so all that's holding me back is motivation. 

We are here to help if you want to talk about it. 

11 minutes ago, Rob Jones said:

We are here to help if you want to talk about it. 

Not much you can do about it pal unless you want to get the Australian government to change the aged pension rules which say if you live overseas prior to collecting your pension you have to live in Australia for 2 years without leaving to become eligible. An absolute disgrace, I have been marooned for two years.

• Thumbs up 1

6 hours ago, scooby said:

Not much you can do about it pal unless you want to get the Australian government to change the aged pension rules which say if you live overseas prior to collecting your pension you have to live in Australia for 2 years without leaving to become eligible. An absolute disgrace, I have been marooned for two years.

Yes, couple of brilliant lads have gone back from our area to do their two years and I can't wait for them to return. 

6 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

Yes, couple of brilliant lads have gone back from our area to do their two years and I can't wait for them to return. 

It is an absolutely ridiculous rule. Scum can get the dole all their lives and get their pension having paid nothing into the country. I have paid my dues, it should be up to me where and when I use my pension, god knows it is only a fraction of the taxes I have paid in more than 40 years.I feel sorry for the dudes who have not worked in Australia for 35 years, even after they do their 2 year qualifying, if they leave and retire overseas their pension is reduced by ?/35 of how long they have worked there. The only benefit is  started working again and saved a fair bit of money. 

• Thumbs up 2

42 minutes ago, scooby said:

Well I got you talking about it and remember, a problem shared is a problem halved - unless you share it with your wife 

19 hours ago, scooby said:

It is an absolutely ridiculous rule. Scum can get the dole all their lives and get their pension having paid nothing into the country. I have paid my dues, it should be up to me where and when I use my pension, god knows it is only a fraction of the taxes I have paid in more than 40 years.I feel sorry for the dudes who have not worked in Australia for 35 years, even after they do their 2 year qualifying, if they leave and retire overseas their pension is reduced by ?/35 of how long they have worked there. The only benefit is  started working again and saved a fair bit of money. 

Well we all have to live by the rules they make don't we, I have been paying taxes for the last 40 years (and hopefully for another 20 years) and they still wont give me any pension or any other benefits.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.