Latest News
  • The Latest News
  • The lottery
  • Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again the luckydip tickets wins....

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
CampariO

Barcode - Turkish Restaurant on the Darkside

A Turkish restaurant has openen a couple of month ago on top Soi Siam Country Club, a bit across from Route CC.

I read a favorable review on a German forum today and decided immediately to give it a try.

Will not bother you with the style of the place, it is the food that is unique. Pictures are on the net, like here:

http://buzzinmediagroup.com/2016/03/barcode-turkish-restaurant/

http://www.pattayacityuncovered.com/blog/barcode-turkish-kitchen-cafe-bar-and-restaurant/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293919-d10021360-r354457201-Barcode_Turkish_Restaurant-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Went with GF and were recommended some dishes by the Chef. 

Starter was something like a thyme salad to the left and eggplant to the right. Both were cold starters and tasted very nice.

(160 Baht)

25994457pq.jpg

25994458mc.jpg

GF had as main some frid chicken with a mix of couscous? and aubergines. (250 Bt) 

Very nicely flavored by the spices and herbs. We both liked it.

25994459xr.jpg

I selected the chicken guvec which contains mushrooms, tomatos, onions, bell pepper and much more and was topped with cheese.

Very nice and I enjoayed dipping some white bread into the sauce. (250 Bt)

25994461ak.jpg

Don't nkow if there are any desserts available, but we were filled anyway.

Some space for a Turkish coffee was still there.

25994462ft.jpg

The bill came to 940 Baht (including 2 Leo and 2 Tiger at 70 Bt each).

When I asked why the coffee wasn't listed on the bill, the anweser was: "It is free. Always!"

Sounds good?

Well, there is some room for improvement.

There was only one Leo available, later some more bottles were organized but those were not really cold.

We were shown the dishes on a battered Ipad. While it was nice to have everything explained, I will ask the next time for the menu in order to browse through it on my own pace.

The shrimp dishes were not available, as the trip to the market was cancelled due to the rain. That is a horrible excuse.

The staff was sitting bored above their phones. That time could be better used for doing some cleaning or others.

We were between 18:30h and 19:45h the only guests. Will this place survive?

I really hope they will, but on the Darkside you cannot just rely on good food, you will have to give 110%.

We will be back anyway.

Edited by CampariO

Good honest review.

Have heard mixed reports about the place but always said the actual food eaten was good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the review, looks alright and a welcome change of style of food for the darkside.

3 hours ago, The Tongue said:

Thanks for the review, looks alright and a welcome change of style of food for the darkside.

You might remember my post about the Greek place on SCC (not far from Pussycat) a couple of years ago. I liked the food as it was different, but it wasn't that special and the place itself wasn't much of a restaurant. I think it lasted 6 month or so.

The Barcode should do better, but with so many restaurants on the darkside (which seem to be even less busy than the bars), it will have to proove itself.

As there are few Turks in Pattaya (don't remember having met any on the DS), they can't rely on their countrymen. Turkish food is not that popular, even in Germany where there seem to be more Turks than Germans you find lots of Kebab places that usually have not much more to offer than different kind of Döner plates.

Barcode revisited.

Again the Leo beer had to be organized from 7-11, again the place was almost empty (1 other table occupied), again no seafood available.

There was now a written menu with pics.

As starter Tzatziki, 80 Bt.

26157396qd.jpg

GF had a mix of chicken wings and chicken skewer.

26157399xo.jpg

I tried the meat balls (70% lamb, 30% beef).

26157398im.jpg

Last time there was no Raki available, today I got on on the house.

One beer was missing on the bill, after pointing it out the owner replied in his typical Turkish hospitality: " This one was on me".

Total damage 770 Baht.

All  3 dishes tasted fantastic, will be back in a fortnight again.

• Like 3

On 24.6.2016 at 9:58 PM, CampariO said:

Will this place survive?

I really hope they will, but on the Darkside you cannot just rely on good food, you will have to give 110%.

Read on th Breakfast Club that a "For rent" sign is up. A pity, but there is still the one in Pattaya left.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this