Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
thinkingallowed

New phone help.

I could do with a new mobile and I'm not sure which one to go for so am looking for recommendations from the forum.

So some parameters to work to...

I'll almost certainly not spend any more than £350

Don't like phablets 

Life for a phone with me can be a bit rough so needs to be a bit robust.

Never had an IPhone before but am tempted by the SE, nice and small plus looks well made.

Thought about getting a Moto G as that range has been jolly good value for money for a while but their latest one is now a 5.5 inch screen so maybe too big.

Any ideas chaps?

Mr Greenjeans is the best person to take advice from ,  his phone works in a basement ..

The downside is it never travels ? Have you seen the roaming charges 5555

3 hours ago, Buckfast said:

The hottest phone of 2016 will be the Google Pixel. It will be available in the UK around October 20th. But it might be too big and over £350 depending on the exchange rate ;)

Based on your requirements I would go for the iPhone SE.

These days bigger is better so most of the new phones with high specs will all be at least 5.5 inches.  Your preferences are not that common.

Cheers mate.

Yes I know I'm going against the norm these days but I'm only a little lad with small hands.

Being a metrosexual kind of guy I've usually got an 8 inch tablet in my man bag that I can tether with the phone if I need a large screen. 

33 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

Go for the iPhone you will be a convert to iOS.

Get it directly from Apple UK unlocked.

Am very tempted to go that way. 

My research on IPhones had lead me to the shocking fact that they don't have an FM radio built in like most Android phones. Apparently the phones contain an FM receiver chip but Apple have never wired it up.

25 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

Most people these days stream the music from the cloud boss.  Apple music and all that silicon valley people don't like traditional radio.

Pandora, tune in, Google play music all available on iOS just like Android.

Yes but using the FM radio doesn't eat up your data.

Still going to give it a go, if I don't like it Mrs Thinkingallowed will.

3 hours ago, thinkingallowed said:

Am very tempted to go that way. 

My research on IPhones had lead me to the shocking fact that they don't have an FM radio built in like most Android phones. Apparently the phones contain an FM receiver chip but Apple have never wired it up.

Tune in radio is a great app..

14 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

you are right.  its cos they dont have a headphone jack and phones use the HP cable as an antenna.  bit daft

Pretty sure the lack of head phone jack is a new thing.

1 hour ago, tommy dee said:

yes, they want you to then buy bluetooth headphones.. clever deal  for them Huh :)

I bought some a few months ago, very good indeed perfect for training no wires,, the play time is about 6 hours...