Latest News
  • The Latest lottery News
  • 15-12-2017- Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week the lucky dip tacket - - -

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
matthewh

taking a girlfriend or wife to the UK.dos donts and what fors.?

3 minutes ago, davethailand said:

I've just read that you have to live as a resident for 3 years before you can ask for a passport? Is that after you pass the life in the UK test?

:)

I think it was either 18 months or 2 years after ILR  but they may have changed before you can apply for citizenship

I was moaning on another topic that I'd had to pay the NHS surcharge twice as I'd made 2 applications but withdrew one but they hadn't refunded me one of the fee's even though I cancelled the application a year ago.

I put a complaint in and (4 weeks after the complaint) they emailed me today to apologise and confirm that will be refunding me.

9 minutes ago, davethailand said:

Life in the UK is for indefinite leave to remain isn't it?

Can't she study for it?

no she works 50 hours a week and pays tax and ni.her study will mean her phone.55

3 minutes ago, davethailand said:

I was moaning on another topic that I'd had to pay the NHS surcharge twice as I'd made 2 applications but withdrew one but they hadn't refunded me one of the fee's even though I cancelled the application a year ago.

I put a complaint in and (4 weeks after the complaint) they emailed me today to apologise and confirm that will be refunding me.

hopefully before Christmas.

1 minute ago, matthewh said:

if your wife can.we are now using article8"a right an uninnteruppted family life".pukky did her biometrics today.

Can't she apply for ILR after 10 years here?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, matthewh said:

no she works 50 hours a week and pays tax and ni.her study will mean her phone.55

Theres a good phone app lol.

My wifes mate used it and the book.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lanzalad said:

What test was it ..?

B1 SELT – GESE Grade 5

Yeah I think its called B1 english test  but its alot easier than the life in UK test  which I struggled on some on the questions

1 minute ago, davethailand said:

Can't she apply for ILR after 10 years here?

yes she can dave.pukky did her biometrics today at the posts office in Cambridge.im expecting 10 years or more.

There's an app on google play store that Puang uses for the life in UK test its multiple choice and we do a few hours per week at it.

She put it on the minix box and puts it up on the large tv and some of the questions i don't even know the answers to them...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lanzalad said:

There's an app on google play store that Puang uses for the life in UK test its multiple choice and we maybe do a few hours per week at it.

She put it on the minix box and puts it up on the large tv and some of the questions i don't even know the answers to them...

I've had a go also, not easy lol.

I know its not the same but the wife put the driving theory test on her phone and drove me mad for months practising, she passed it first time.

I also bought her the life in the UK book but she took it to Thailand and left it there.:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, lanzalad said:

There's an app on google play store that Puang uses for the life in UK test its multiple choice and we maybe do a few hours per week at it.

That's the stupid thing about it, I did an example on line and got 27 out of 30. It is hard and should have no involvement whether somebody should be granted citizenship or not.

It should be what you can offer the UK as a citizen and not about knowing that Winston Churchill was voted the most famous person from history.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs up 2

ok guys.the fred is going ok,so I will add.was it not I would do one.immigration from within the UK is complicated ,expensive and biased.what will happen after brexit..??

6 minutes ago, matthewh said:

ok guys.the fred is going ok,so I will add.was it not I would do one.immigration from within the UK is complicated ,expensive and biased.what will happen after brexit..??

Nothing will happen after Brexit, Thais are not from the EU so same rules as now....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs up 1

6 minutes ago, aw1 said:

Nothing will happen after Brexit, Thais are not from the EU so same rules as now....

don't hold your breath Andrew.

10 minutes ago, aw1 said:

Agreed, is it possible it could even be relaxed a bit more?

Maybe Schengen visa's may change a bit? BTW I got a 6 month Schengen for my wife the other week, in and out in 15 mins and the passport arrived at home less than a week later, superb service.

19 minutes ago, davethailand said:

Maybe Schengen visa's may change a bit? BTW I got a 6 month Schengen for my wife the other week, in and out in 15 mins and the passport arrived at home less than a week later, superb service.

a schenghen visa isn't too bad,but the country you apply with must be your first stay.,after the first trip you are free

glad the thread is going well.it cropped up an I took various hints.

1 hour ago, matthewh said:

a schenghen visa isn't too bad,but the country you apply with must be your first stay.,after the first trip you are free

Yup I went the Spanish application centre.

2 hours ago, davethailand said:

If you get a 6 month one say to Spain.....obviously you have to go to Spain as first port of entry. If you took a separate holiday 3 months later could you go to a different country or do you still have to enter in Spain first?

1 minute ago, aw1 said:

If you get a 6 month one say to Spain.....obviously you have to go to Spain as first port of entry. If you took a separate holiday 3 months later could you go to a different country or do you still have to enter in Spain first?

As far as I know (and have already done last year) you have to enter Spain first, after that I'm pretty sure you can go to any Schengen country.

Earlier this year we got a visa for Spain and went to Tenerife then a while after went to Norway.

1 minute ago, davethailand said:

As far as I know (and have already done last year) you have to enter Spain first, after that I'm pretty sure you can go to any Schengen country.

Earlier this year we got a visa for Spain and went to Tenerife then a while after went to Norway.

Ahhh right, didn’t know that 😊

1 minute ago, aw1 said:

Ahhh right, didn’t know that 😊

The Visa I've just got is really for Norway but a weekend in Spain came up so I thought sod it lets do it as I'd already gone through the process at the Spanish Embassy.

How much does one have to earn if they are employed to get a Thai wife to the UK.

Not that I'm married or even have a Thai gf just interested.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this