Jump to content
Latest News
  • The Latest News
  • The lottery
  • Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week and last week... scooping winnings two weeks in a row now.... Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week and last week... scooping winnings two weeks in a row now.... Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week and last week... scooping winnings two weeks in a row now.... Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week and last week... scooping winnings two weeks in a row now....

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
matthewh

taking a girlfriend or wife to the UK.dos donts and what fors.?

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, matthewh said:

we have leave to remain"outside of the rule".the cant change that status willy nilly.all they can do is check that things are the same as when it was granted and they are.they are hard people to deal with but ive always been treated fairly.the home office prefer you to do things your self,hence their question"are you an agent"?

Now she's here I'll no doubt to it all myself.

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, matthewh said:

then we move to thailand

Which means you have wasted all your time money and years because you're stubborn.

I remember having a conversation with you on Shhh years ago about it.

Sit down with her learn the book and do the multiple choice questions till they stick in both your minds..

Thai girls I know here have done it in a month of solid studying even if it takes you six studying every night surely it's worth it than wondering WTF is going to happen after 10.

You could have had a British passport by now.

Good Luck.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs up 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, matthewh said:

then we move to thailand

Is that a feasible option  your age Matty ?  how would you fund your life here  ?

Good luck with the visa stuff,   must be stressful having to jump through hoops when all sorts of filth are allowed in a decent tax payer being persecuted.... So many of the UK stuff stinks if you are white working class....

  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, roomark said:

Which means you have wasted all your time money and years because you're stubborn.

I remember having a conversation with you on Shhh years ago about it.

Sit down with her learn the book and do the multiple choice questions till they stick in both your minds..

Thai girls I know here have done it in a month of solid studying even if it takes you six studying every night surely it's worth it than wondering WTF is going to happen after 10.

You could have had a British passport by now.

Good Luck.

 

Agreed !

And moving to Thailand Matty ? I could see this going one way only....stop dreaming.

Sorry fo T.F.

  • Thumbs up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are an estimated 30,000 british children who will be apart from one of their parents this Christmas because of the cruel and nasty immigration rules introduced in 2012. 

Good luck with the human rights route Matty. Not sure why it would apply to your thai wife and not a british childs mother or father but it is worth a try.

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Smiler said:

There are an estimated 30,000 british children who will be apart from one of their parents this Christmas because of the cruel and nasty immigration rules introduced in 2012. 

Good luck with the human rights route Matty. Not sure why it would apply to your thai wife and not a british childs mother or father but it is worth a try.

Its disgusting .... really it is,  yet all the filth and scum is welcomed  in ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, roomark said:

Which means you have wasted all your time money and years because you're stubborn.

I remember having a conversation with you on Shhh years ago about it.

Sit down with her learn the book and do the multiple choice questions till they stick in both your minds..

Thai girls I know here have done it in a month of solid studying even if it takes you six studying every night surely it's worth it than wondering WTF is going to happen after 10.

You could have had a British passport by now.

Good Luck.

 

Have To agree.

I know quite a few Thai girls here and they've all passed.

:)

  • Thumbs up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without being disrespectful it should have been priority no1  before you brought her daughter to U.K then there would have been no uncertainty .

As it is your Mrs may well have to leave if they feel that way and her daughter has made a new life for herself.

Get studying with her and get it done any energy elsewhere is wasted.

 

 

  • Thumbs up 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matty, not meaning to be disrespectfull, but you mentioned somewhere before about about her speaking English ok, but struggling with the grammary.

Now, when I see your writing style on here, I am not sure you are really qualified to teach her in that field ?

Another thing, I guess she is working in a Thai restaurant ?  Means she speaks mostly Thai all day ? If it is the case, this is not gonna help neither.   

Now, as mentionned by others her ONLY and SOLE target should be to pass this test. Otherwhile you are just both heading to more problems and stress.  Pretty visible in your posts the last 6 months.  And she may also one day say "feck it, I am going back to Thailand..."  

It is nice to speak my love, my lovely..etc....but sometimes one need to think more effectively.

IMO, and sorry for being blunt but the human right thing is close to begging....and not a long term viable option.  

Another (far stretched) possible idea would be to have a kid TOGETHER, I think they would maybe hesitate to kick out the mother of a British baby ?

Anyway, other thai women managed the test, so there is NO reason she can not do it ?  It's not like she failed once.or twice for Christ sake...10 times !

Sorry mate, just talking straight.  

 

 

 

  • Thumbs up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I remember of the test they sit with headphones on listening to what they have learned in the book and are asked questions a,b or c  multiple choice.

If you drill it in your head long enough it will sink in for a multiple choice test.

Same for the UK driving licence test loads of Thai girls have U.K licences (there are some that drive for 12 months on a Thai/Inter licence)and that's not too easy nowadays unless you study,even for us either.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, roomark said:

From what I remember of the test they sit with headphones on listening to what they have learned in the book and are asked questions a,b or c  multiple choice.

If you drill it in your head long enough it will sink in for a multiple choice test.

Same for the UK driving licence test loads of Thai girls have U.K licences (there are some that drive for 12 months on a Thai/Inter licence)and that's not too easy nowadays unless you study,even for us either.

 

I don't mean to be cruel and this is certainly not with reference to the op but some people just aren't smart enough.

I know Brits who have failed their driving test after multiple attempts. Some people are just a little bit 'slower' upstairs.

You do have a point though. Get the books out and just study, study, study. A good tactic is to write out all the questions and answers repeatedly. 

Keep doing it and keep reading them. Stay off the alcohol and get plenty of sleep and your brain will start to retain the information. It will be locked in your sub conscious memory.

I would get a tutor in as well. Doesn't have to be an expensive one maybe just a student on a pgce programme.

 

Edited by dcfc2007
  • Thumbs up 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Smiler said:

There are an estimated 30,000 british children who will be apart from one of their parents this Christmas because of the cruel and nasty immigration rules introduced in 2012. 

Good luck with the human rights route Matty. Not sure why it would apply to your thai wife and not a british childs mother or father but it is worth a try.

Disgusting as it that's what the people wanted. You can't cherry pick an immigration policy it is almost impossible. There will always be people caught in the crossfire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Disgusting as it that's what the people wanted. You can't cherry pick an immigration policy it is almost impossible. There will always be people caught in the crossfire. 

Thats the point Cherry picking is going on , look at the EU scum  how many people arrive  telling lies about asylum , we had a Zimbabwe torturer and killer here a while back, they lie about persecution  or say they are Christians  facing persecution they are in .... 

Its like the benefit system ,  the intention is its an honesty box... thats long gone its a life choice for some ....

The people caught in the cross fore are the honest people , the scum will have a tale that they know get them  in ... The irony of it ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, roomark said:

From what I remember of the test they sit with headphones on listening to what they have learned in the book and are asked questions a,b or c  multiple choice.

If you drill it in your head long enough it will sink in for a multiple choice test.

Same for the UK driving licence test loads of Thai girls have U.K licences (there are some that drive for 12 months on a Thai/Inter licence)and that's not too easy nowadays unless you study,even for us either.

 

A lot is about a persons  motivation ...

  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Parky said:

A lot is about a persons  motivation ...

100% and in Matt and his Mrs case without any disrespect what could be more motivating than the end result especially with her daughter there too.

Personally there isn't a chance in hell I would have let it go on this long without sorting it.

Good Luck Mat ,but without any disrespect meant you can't teach anyone about the Visa system when you haven't done it yet.

All the luck in the world ...

You can do it.

Edited by roomark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Parky said:

Thats the point Cherry picking is going on , look at the EU scum  how many people arrive  telling lies about asylum , we had a Zimbabwe torturer and killer here a while back, they lie about persecution  or say they are Christians  facing persecution they are in .... 

Its like the benefit system ,  the intention is its an honesty box... thats long gone its a life choice for some ....

The people caught in the cross fore are the honest people , the scum will have a tale that they know get them  in ... The irony of it ...

The EU isn't cherry picking though.

That was down to freedom of movement that the UK signed up to at that time. 

Of course the government is trying to cherry pick who it does and doesn't let into the country via various immigration policies but it is absolutely impossible to have a system that keeps everyone happy. There will be a lot of people out there who will say 'so what if she failed the life in the UK test, kick her out'. That's the truth of it all.

Immigration is one tough nut to crack and my sympathy is with decent, hard working folk like matty and davethailand etc.

Edited by dcfc2007
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

The EU isn't cherry picking though.

That was down to freedom of movement that the UK signed up to at that time. 

Of course the government is trying to cherry pick who it does and doesn't let into the country via various immigration policies but it is absolutely impossible to have a system that keeps everyone happy. There will be a lot of people out there who will say 'so what if she failed the life in the UK test, kick her out'. That's the truth of it all.

Immigration is one tough nut to crack and my sympathy is with decent, hard working folk like matty and davethailand etc.

Well I see it ad cherry picking ,a person born in some shit hole euro 💶 scum hole , gets in a British man marries a girl from overseas , many years pass she works and pays tax is a contributor 👍🇬🇧 

It shames the UK 🇬🇧 but there is lots of that these days , I am embarrassed to call myself a Brit..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Parky said:

Is that a feasible option  your age Matty ?  how would you fund your life here  ?

Good luck with the visa stuff,   must be stressful having to jump through hoops when all sorts of filth are allowed in a decent tax payer being persecuted.... So many of the UK stuff stinks if you are white working class....

no it isn't yet want to work I while im fit as a fiddle and theres good money about.

  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Disgusting as it that's what the people wanted. You can't cherry pick an immigration policy it is almost impossible. There will always be people caught in the crossfire. 

Yes I agree.

There should also be a right to a "family life". Only a dried up bitch like that f**king May creature, who has no kids, could make up a law that would tear families apart. At the same time the right to appeal in court was also removed. They also outsourced the entry clearence staff to the shower of shite vfs.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, roomark said:

From what I remember of the test they sit with headphones on listening to what they have learned in the book and are asked questions a,b or c  multiple choice.

If you drill it in your head long enough it will sink in for a multiple choice test.

Same for the UK driving licence test loads of Thai girls have U.K licences (there are some that drive for 12 months on a Thai/Inter licence)and that's not too easy nowadays unless you study,even for us either.

 

The wife had the Driving theory test app on her phone and studied and studied and then passed 1st time, I was very proud of her.

:)

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs up 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, davethailand said:

The wife had the Driving theory test app on her phone and studied and studied and then passed 1st time, I was very proud of her.

:)

that's good news dave.big welldone to your wife.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, matthewh said:

that's good news dave.big welldone to your wife.

I was even more proud when she passed her actual driving test first time.

:)

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was in the Bear and Staff on Charing Cross Road earlier on today. Some pissed up businessmen giving the poor solitary barmaid a hard time. 

I sat in the corner found a great seat. She walked over glanced at her and said  "Pen khon Thai na khrap?"

Her eyes lit up ...... stunna from Udon Thani been in UK 7 years and not yet married. Here for another year or so has land in Trat (near Ko Chang she is selling in 2019).

Pop in if you are in town right by Leicester Square tube station one lovely lady and thank f**k the business louts went out to smoke themselves to an early death.

:drinks:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, tommy dee said:

is this an option to bi pass the "life in the UK" test?  sounds a lot easier so would be good if it were

 

Yes you dont have to do life in UK test if shes passes the b1 english exam or atleast that was the case in 2012/2013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, buffalo said:

Yes you dont have to do life in UK test if shes passes the b1 english exam or atleast that was the case in 2012/2013

we did that but it wasn't on their list of colleges.as I stated this isn't a topic about me and my family.

  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×