Latest News
  • The Latest News
  • The lottery
  • Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week and last week... scooping winnings two weeks in a row now.... Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week and last week... scooping winnings two weeks in a row now.... Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week and last week... scooping winnings two weeks in a row now.... Good news for all the lottery syndicate players - - - Yet again this week and last week... scooping winnings two weeks in a row now....

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
matthewh

taking a girlfriend or wife to the UK.dos donts and what fors.?

2 minutes ago, matthewh said:

really.????.my wife took the test not me,thats doesn't stop my knowledge of the system as I have gone down avanues many haven't heard of.so my knowledge has in actual fact increased.thanks for your input.

You should have put her in school or helped her prepare better. In my opinion it's 100% your fault.  Others didn't have the problem take some responsibility for your mistakes.

Uprooting a woman and taking her to a foreign country is a big responsibility. She is leaving her family and in many cases children behind to live with someone she might not even know well. 

Different language, different food, different culture are all a shock

The spouse has a responsibility to take care of her and this includes the immigration requirements.

Matthew failed in this area but won't admit it and wants to come on here and give advice. Man up on your mistakes and move on

4 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

You should have put her in school or helped her prepare better. In my opinion it's 100% your fault.  Others didn't have the problem take some responsibility for your mistakes.

if you carefully read the thread,you will see she has been to college.i also assure you I take my responsibilities for my family seriously.i have made no mistakes only improvement to mine and my families lives.

1 minute ago, Buckfast said:

Uprooting a woman and taking her to a foreign country is a big responsibility. She is leaving her family and in many cases children behind to live with someone she might not even know well. 

Different language, different food, different culture are all a shock

The spouse has a responsibility to take care of her and this includes the immigration requirements.

Matthew failed in this area but won't admit it and wants to come on here and give advice. Man up on your mistakes and move on

move on.sorry fella im not biting today

• Thumbs up 1

22 minutes ago, matthewh said:

move on.sorry fella im not biting today

Tesco has a 4 pack of special brew for a fiver I'm sure you'll be back online later.

5 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

Tesco has a 4 pack of special brew for a fiver I'm sure you'll be back online later.

im always around on sundays mate.any other day for that matter except when im working.enjoy your sunday and leave the thread be.thanks

23 hours ago, thai spice said:

Buckshit at his best.... Matty dont even answer to this scumbag...

I laughed when I read America in the same sentence in world leader.

Some craic that guy.

😂😂😂

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, aw1 said:

It’s funny, Switzerland seems very high on the list of many Thais to visit. I think because of the mountains, they don’t realise you can see spectacular Alpine views in France and Italy amongst other countries also....

Switzerland and Germany in my experience are the two counties Thai's I have met seem to want to either visit or reside in. Thailand has some historical connections to each country particularly through the royal institution. Many Thais including the younger generation are infatuated with K-Pop, Korean and Japense culture.

glad this thread is still running,im also glad to have shown restraint,otherwise= a ban,thats not me.

• Like 1

back on topic.we are basically waiting.biometrics done and the forms .the good thing is it wasn't returned to me.ive heard of people waiting 6 months to have their biometrics done,it took 9 days.discretionary leave and human rights are a whole different ballgame.

• Like 1

many people think obtaining a visa in Thailand is easy.its not.try the UK at croyden.i will continue this thread for the time being,as I think its worthwhile.

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:37 PM, lanzalad said:

There's one thing about the whole process that really gets to me.

Now i paid the Immigration health surcharge, in short up front National Health Service so Puang can use the government funded medical system.

We have paid up front for 2.5 years at the rate of 500 ponds then after 2.5 years we need to extend her visa for another 2.5 years on which we will need to pay the 500 pounds  Immigration health surcharge again.

Now Puang is in full time work doing 6 days a week and on some days she does 12 hours and most around 9 hours.

She is paying TAX National insurance contributions and a work place pension ( new government pension scheme )

The Immigration health surcharge = government funded medical system.

National insurance contributions = government funded medical system.

But to get the visa extension for another 2,5 years its mandatory to pay this 500 pounds to continue with the application..

luckily I didn't pay that.i do understand what you are saying though.but we had no healthcare during our fiancé visa and the initial 2 years.

6 minutes ago, matthewh said:

luckily I didn't pay that.i do understand what you are saying though.but we had no healthcare during our fiancé visa and the initial 2 years.

Yes i can understand it for the first visa but if someone has been paying into the system for nearly all of the first visa and is going to continue for the second visa why should they have to pay the 500 pounds for the second half...

Just now, lanzalad said:

Yes i can understand it for the first visa but if someone has been paying into the system for nearly all of the first visa and is going to continue for the second visa why should they have to pay the 500 pounds for the second half...

I totally agree,its just one big payout every few years.people don't realise that obtaining a visa is an indication of a lot of payouts ahead.

I will say what I think now.we are about to pay the corrupt eu 39 billion.their people come here and pay nothing. I knew dave had paid it and now know phils has.its disgusting.why don't the eu lot pay it.this is racial towards UK people.

• Thumbs up 1

1 minute ago, matthewh said:

I will say what I think now.we are about to pay the corrupt eu 39 billion.their people come here and pay nothing. I knew dave had paid it and now know phils has.its disgusting.why don't the eu lot pay it.this is racial towards UK people.

The EU is a club where the labour can go and work in any membership country.  So UK citizens can go work in Germany, France or Poland and citizens from these countries can go work in the UK. Under the same conditions as the locals (supposedly).

Once Brexit is fully implemented this will probably not be the case anymore (depending on what agreements are made between the UK and EU).

That is the reason a Polish carpenter can come and enter the UK system and a Thai or Philippine cannot - they are not in "the club". You can write your MP and see if he/she will campaign to make a similar club with Thailand but I doubt you will have much success.

Somewhat related - I wish Denmark would also leave the EU and get free trade agreements instead and I am sure this is a wish shared with many in the EU. Most common people have a hard time remembering when we voted to accept open borders to Eastern European builders and service workers. This has already given Germany the "gift" of working poor people and only the richest 10% benefits from it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs up 1

Matt, I've read that you guy are waiting for the biometrics but I'm unsure what your wife's status will be after this. Is this her getting a British passport and an end of your problems or do you have more hoops to jump through after this?

1 hour ago, thinkingallowed said:

Matt, I've read that you guy are waiting for the biometrics but I'm unsure what your wife's status will be after this. Is this her getting a British passport and an end of your problems or do you have more hoops to jump through after this?

I don't know  ,it should be another 3 year term,but it could be ten.we are in their hands.as we are applying outside of the rules.we had discretionary leave to remain and are looking to extend that on a a basis of a right to a family life.this includes my rights too.ive always been treated fairly by the home office,but who knows we both pay tax and ni so anything could happen.makes me sick to the core in all honesty.the application is in and hasn't been returned as incorrect.that they have acknowledged.timescales.????.last time it took 6 weeks.pretty hopeful of a get away fairly soon.im on dangerous ground but people have rights too.hopefully that is respected.

2 hours ago, thinkingallowed said:

biometrics are done mate.now we wait and her status remains as before until a decision is made.can work,healthcare and access public funds although that will never happen.its normality and a waiting game.happy Christmas mate.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this