Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 25th of May... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Happy Falang

Pound to the baht

Guest Happy Falang

It looks like we are going to get more baht to the pound..

Climbing up to 44.12 over the last few days.. Will it keep going...?

I wonder what people are getting on the soi's..?

baht.png

love to see 50 again,but until brexit is sorted out I don't think we will.

• Like 1

Transitional agreement reached, then 2 votes for rate increase, has made the £ lift a little. 

Nothing major. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cat Crumpet said:

I remember 70 .....Oooooh yeah bring back those times ;) 

there would be a surge in bell-ring and heart attacks in soi Bukhaow  if it touched 70 methinks )

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs up 1

1 minute ago, Paul Chonburi said:

there would be a surge in bell-ring and heart attacks in soi Bukhaow  if it touched 70 methinks )

Let us not discuss bruised ribs .....yes bruised ribs  !   :D

29 minutes ago, Cat Crumpet said:

I remember 70 .....Oooooh yeah bring back those times ;) 

I remember 90.probably never to be seen again.

2 minutes ago, matthewh said:

I remember 90.probably never to be seen again.

I say 70 because i gauged it for about 8 years 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paul Chonburi said:

Pound is in limbo till Brexit is sorted out

Yup looking at least another couple of years 

21 minutes ago, Paul Chonburi said:

Anyone any ideas why $ is down against the baht but still holding up against the Philippine peso ?

Different pegging of THB and peso to the USD ? 

In your example could be the peso is closely pegged to the USD, while the THB is not . USD and peso go down / up together while THB "floats" independently.

Look at HKD vs USD on 1 year, very minimal fluctuations as HKD closely pegged to USD.

https://www.google.co.id/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2017-12-21/philippine-peso-seen-as-asia-s-laggard-for-2018-as-deficit-grows

http://www.businessinsider.sg/what-is-a-currency-peg-2016-8/?r=US&IR=T

National banks intervene(when they have money) to keep the variations within reasonable limits (for them). If they throw in the trowel then its an open market, and no limits anymore. See what happened to THB end of 90's 

• Thumbs up 1

Fell back today , the long term fiscal future of UK is very bleak .. 

2 hours ago, thai spice said:

Different pegging of THB and peso to the USD ? 

In your example could be the peso is closely pegged to the USD, while the THB is not . USD and peso go down / up together while THB "floats" independently.

Look at HKD vs USD on 1 year, very minimal fluctuations as HKD closely pegged to USD.

https://www.google.co.id/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2017-12-21/philippine-peso-seen-as-asia-s-laggard-for-2018-as-deficit-grows

http://www.businessinsider.sg/what-is-a-currency-peg-2016-8/?r=US&IR=T

National banks intervene(when they have money) to keep the variations within reasonable limits (for them). If they throw in the trowel then its an open market, and no limits anymore. See what happened to THB end of 90's 

Thanks for input and helpful links. Business Insider and Tech Insider often have interesting articles. 

12 hours ago, Irish boy said:

Transitional agreement reached, then 2 votes for rate increase, has made the £ lift a little. 

Nothing major. 

Transitional agreement formally adopted and Brexit trade negotiating guildlines just now.  

£ will probably get another nudge up, maybe tine to transfer a few quid if you're an expat. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, john42 said:

As I said John the long term fiscal future of the UK is very bleak..... Do you know what long term means ? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

A short term bounce is just that , the UKs fundamentals are all wrong 

15 minutes ago, Parky said:

As I said John the long term fiscal future of the UK is very bleak..... Do you know what long term means ? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

A short term bounce is just that , the UKs fundamentals are all wrong 

http://www.cityam.com/281368/folly-long-term-forecasts

But I guess you know better.

Better maybe to stick to stories about senders etc...

• Haha 1

http://www.bbc.co.UK/newsbeat/article/36652494/just-what-is-a-aaa-rating-and-why-did-the-UK-lose-it

No mention of ‘Strategic debt ‘ he does say ‘Accumulating ever more debt is not the recipe for a succeful economy ‘

Why did UK lose triple AAA rating ? 

85FD7309-C24A-49A0-9BAA-4E065B727B78.png

Edited by Parky

6 hours ago, tommy dee said:

42-46  is good.  I rememberbeing ripped to shreds on a forum for saying u need to generate an income in the local currency.  with the Sprog in Uni, Masters, and many other bills in the UK, this rate is just fine for little moi.  in fact i gave her an allowance rise when the pound dropped.... only seemed fair

think i will goback this year for 2 weeks,cheaper thanliving here :)

yes certain things are.

Guest Happy Falang

I've just seen this and its showing on the street at 43.87.. :flower:

DSC05154qqq_zpsxjbtsogy.jpg

why would anyone in thailand care about the pound .

you cant buy anything in pounds in thailand .

34 minutes ago, mulphy said:

why would anyone in thailand care about the pound .

you cant buy anything in pounds in thailand .

Well, when sending  money back to the UK for instance ?