Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
dcfc2007

World Cup Dark Horses

5 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Denmark won't make it past the quarters if they even make it that far. 

Time will tell .. that was said when they won the Euros ..

4 minutes ago, mulphy said:

biggest disappointing team ever in a world cup was scotlands 1978 team .

had enough quality to possibly win but made a cunt of themselves .

The Scottish FA has grossly mismanaged the national side. Scotland has players of similar quality to the republic side, yet the republic side makes it to major tournaments and even past the group stages.

1 minute ago, Parky said:

Time will tell .. that was said when they won the Euros ..

I'll bet ye pal.

I'll stick 500b to say they won't make it past the last 16.

😉

3 hours ago, mulphy said:

be hard for them not to qualify given the oppostion in their qualifying area . 

cook islands area real big footballing country .

All the Aussie can do is beat the teams in front of them to qualify...…. they did not make the draw...… they did not make the rules.

Here is another option...… why not help out the fans in Great Britain..... just have one team... as they are not doing much by having teams from the Great Britain Provinces to represent them.... lol

cheers

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, roobob said:

All the Aussie can do is beat the teams in front of them to qualify...…. they did not make the draw...… they did not make the rules.

Here is another option...… why not help out the fans in Great Britain..... just have one team... as they are not doing much by having teams from the Great Britain Provinces to represent them.... lol

cheers

im not putting the aussies down by saying what i said . i agree they can only beat whats put in front of them.

however it is highly doubtful australia would qualify from any other world cup qualifying group anywhere else in the world .

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

This side isn't much cop once you take eriksen out of the equation.

Jorgenson is a class striker. 

2 minutes ago, Esco said:

Jorgenson is a class striker. 

Meh...

Done alright in Holland but don't know if he's up to the scratch at international level.

They were looking 20m for him.

23 minutes ago, roobob said:

cheers

I know it's only a pisstake but when team UK entered the Olympics it was rightly brought up by many other associations why they were given special dispensation to do that. There should really only be one UK team.

• Thumbs up 1

7 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Meh...

Done alright in Holland but don't know if he's up to the scratch at international level.

They were looking 20m for him.

I hope he is so we can sell him for 25M :)

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

I know it's only a pisstake but when team UK entered the Olympics it was rightly brought up by many other associations why they were given special dispensation to do that. There should really only be one UK team.

if you believe that then you must want britain to be only one country .

43 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Dont be daft , Wales have their own language ... Thats like saying there should be one European team :) 

2 hours ago, mulphy said:

if you believe that then you must want britain to be only one country .

The UK is one country. Why should the rules be any different.

2 hours ago, Parky said:

Dont be daft , Wales have their own language ... Thats like saying there should be one European team :) 

Is the UK one country or not?

5 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Is it a country or a political union between two countries, a principality and a province?

3 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

Is it a country or a political union between two countries, a principality and a province?

It's commonly referred to as a 'nation of nations'. However the four home 'nations' are not countries, a country is defined as a 'distinct national and political entity'. 

It's all open for debate I guess, some people would argue that the UK is a state that consists of four different countries.

• Thumbs up 1

21 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Is Wales a country ? Ireland one ? Scotland one and England one ...

European Union... How many countries is that ?? 

1 minute ago, Parky said:

Is Wales a country ? Ireland one ? Scotland one and England one ...

European Union... How many countries is that ?? 

Republic of Ireland most definitely as it's a sovereign political and national entity. The four home nation's, well as I said, that's debatable. I've heard them referred to as provinces, nation's and countries.

49 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

The UK is one country. Why should the rules be any different.

is it fuck .

it is 4 countries .

• Thumbs up 1

7 minutes ago, mulphy said:

is it f**k .

it is 4 countries .

See my posts above, very debatable.

7 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

See my posts above, very debatable.

4 different devolved governments .

1 minute ago, mulphy said:

4 different devolved governments .

Devolved being the key word.

Devolution from the 'national government'.