Latest News
  • FREE HOLIDAYS to Midnight and CBK --- Any more for any more..? *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 27th of July... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
rising phoenix

Emirates considers hand baggage only fares

3 minutes ago, cbk said:

7 in Australia

7 is what I had in mind as a general standard. 

2 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

I'm sure most hand luggage cases alone probably weigh a couple of kg.

They do, the hard-shelled ones, that's why I use a gym bag, weighs 2/3 of 4/5 of fcuk ll. The Austrlian carriers are weighing hand baggage and charging stupid rates for over 7 Kg, or making you check it into checked luggage at probably a less stupid rate. Funny thing is eg Jetstar, leaving Ausdtralia, strick 7kg, going back they don't give a fcuk, and that pissses me off with people bringing on loads of obviously oversized stuff.

Tiger was the first in this part of the world to enforce limits.

I have a portable scale things I use. When I travel I wear cargo pants and put things like my Bose speaker in my pockets etc.

cunts in Manila tried to scam me once. I left Darwin with 4.2 Kg, had a weekend in Manila with the family before they moved here and bought nothing. Checkin tried to tell me in Manilla it was 10 Kg. I asked how it had doubled and then proceeded to take out my 3 shirts, 3 shorts, leaving my underwear in there and put them on. THey gave up and let me go, but they wanted cash only for the overweight. I got back to Darwin, went straight to customer service and asked them to weigh my bag, 4.2 Kg. SO I put in a complaint. Not sure if it was ever resolved or not. Twats. 

• Thumbs up 1

1 minute ago, cbk said:

They do, the hard-shelled ones, that's why I use a gym bag, weighs 2/3 of 4/5 of fcuk ll. The Austrlian carriers are weighing hand baggage and charging stupid rates for over 7 Kg, or making you check it into checked luggage at probably a less stupid rate. Funny thing is eg Jetstar, leaving Ausdtralia, strick 7kg, going back they don't give a fcuk, and that pissses me off with people bringing on loads of obviously oversized stuff.

Tiger was the first in this part of the world to enforce limits.

I have a portable scale things I use. When I travel I wear cargo pants and put things like my Bose speaker in my pockets etc.

cunts in Manila tried to scam me once. I left Darwin with 4.2 Kg, had a weekend in Manila with the family before they moved here and bought nothing. Checkin tried to tell me in Manilla it was 10 Kg. I asked how it had doubled and then proceeded to take out my 3 shirts, 3 shorts, leaving my underwear in there and put them on. THey gave up and let me go, but they wanted cash only for the overweight. I got back to Darwin, went straight to customer service and asked them to weigh my bag, 4.2 Kg. SO I put in a complaint. Not sure if it was ever resolved or not. Twats. 

They are trying to recoup money from people who rip the arse out of it. Michael O'Leary made it well known that if Ryanair customers didn't stop taking the piss with hand luggage he would take away the two free bags. They didn't and true to his word he ended the two free pieces of hand luggage. I like O'Leary, he's a no nonsense guy that gets results.

34 minutes ago, cbk said:

Qantas shits me in that domestic can have 2 x 7kg but internal only 1 x 7kg

While doing a bit of searching I thought that I'd noticed BA hand baggage only long haul tickets... 

Screenshot_20180617-111119.png

Just checked again and you can see from above it appears so. Strangely every time I've gone further and chosen the return flight you don't get this option. 

Can't seem to get a hand baggage only fare when beginning the trip from BKK. 

No mention of Bangkok but this press release is about these new fares. 

http://mediacentre.britishairways.com/pressrelease/details/86/News-1/9316

Edited by thinkingallowed

It's good that airlines are starting to be creative with their fares. They should have a no baggage, no food, no toilet fare.

13 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

While doing a bit of searching I thought that I'd noticed BA hand baggage only long haul tickets... 

Just checked again and you can see from above it appears so. Strangely every time I've gone further and chosen the return flight you don't get this option. 

You can get it from UK 🇬🇧 I booked a flight on Friday ... first time I have seen the ‘hand luggage only option ‘ I booked via their portal , as they are such a good airline I stick with them 😎🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

15 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

Some people will think they are in the Plaza , blue sofa merchants 🤣

easyJet have no weight limit on cabin baggage, as long as you can lift it yourself.  Ryanair is still two bags but they'll take your second one off you at the gate and put it in the hold if you've not paid extra.

The airports forced all the airlines to allow a bag of airport shopping on board with you, which you can use creatively to increase your allowance if you need to.  Buying an extra legroom seat can give you another bag that might work out cheaper than paying for the bag itself - you've got to keep on top of the rules though as you can get stung if you get it wrong.