Latest News
  • *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...! *** Don't forget about this months P.L members meeting @ The Rock House on friday the 31st of August... it would be great to see you if your in town...!

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
matthewh

Visas Are Getting Harder

hi friends,

this week we went to the Spanish embassy at 20 draycott place(near Sloane square tube station).we are going to have a Christmas with my parents who have retired to spain.usually we were granted a multi entry visa.not this time.we have a visa for one entry only.now you need a valid flight ticket(in and out).the goal posts have moved.last time we went we were turned down for not having an air ticket.they have changed the rules.atleast we got it right this time.with any visa application everything must be perfect.

• Like 1

hi friends,

this week we went to the Spanish embassy at 20 draycott place(near Sloane square tube station).we are going to have a Christmas with my parents who have retired to spain.usually we were granted a multi entry visa.not this time.we have a visa for one entry only.now you need a valid flight ticket(in and out).the goal posts have moved.last time we went we were turned down for not having an air ticket.they have changed the rules.atleast we got it right this time.with any visa application everything must be perfect.

Is this the visa for your Wife or what Mattewh?

I think he means the Schengen Visa to visit Spain. Won't be a problem when his Mrs gets a British passport.

I think he means the Schengen Visa to visit Spain. Won't be a problem when his Mrs gets a British passport.

The UK isn't part of the Shwengen agreement are they?

No they're not. I had heard the best place to apply for the Schengen Visa is Sweden as they are so liberal in handing them out. Once you have it you can travel to any one of 25 Euro countries.

1. Austria
  2. Belgium
  3. Czech Republic
  4. Denmark
  5. Estonia
  6. Finland
  7. France
  8. Germany
  9. Greece
  10. Hungary
  11. Iceland
  12. Italy
  13. Latvia
  14. Lithuania
  15. Luxembourg
  16. Malta
  17. Netherlands
  18. Norway
  19. Poland
  20. Portugal
  21. Slovakia
  22. Slovenia
  23. Spain
  24. Sweden
  25. Switzerland

What a carryon. Feel for you matt.

Although the UK is ducked at least the passport allows you freedom to travel pretty much anywhetre

Edited by ajsp9

It's a shame they should be focusing their efforts on illegal immigration rather than people that already have a UK visa and applying via the proper channels.

It's ALL one way traffic mike. Any EU member can take anybody into the UK and the EU Countries. But the Spanish have the right idea. They don't give benefits or WORK to others. Especially Eastern Europeans.

It's ALL one way traffic mike. Any EU member can take anybody into the UK and the EU Countries. But the Spanish have the right idea. They don't give benefits or WORK to others. Especially Eastern Europeans.

Got a couple of Spanish employees. Nice lads. Galling thing is reading about Brits in Spain being refused medical treatment in Spain -30 years ago it was a dictatorship - still is ?? cunts to us

Got a couple of Spanish employees. Nice lads. Galling thing is reading about Brits in Spain being refused medical treatment in Spain -30 years ago it was a dictatorship - still is ?? ***** to us

The UK is a PRISON CAMP for the British. I hope and Pray I WONT BE BACK but I'm no that lucky.

The UK is a PRISON CAMP for the British. I hope and Pray I WONT BE BACK but I'm no that lucky.

Good luck man but sure is as sure is - your property in the UK will look after you. Parky forgets that too.

Don't

yah i met one guy in the Rockhouse he had both Irish and UK passports and is taking a Thai bird to London. However he didn't know about this and is using his UK passport and all the related hassle. One of bongo bobs mates

If he used his Irish passport to get her a visa to Ireland she would still not be entitled to entry into the UK. She would still need to apply for a UK visa.

If he used his Irish passport to get her a visa to Ireland she would still not be entitled to entry into the UK. She would still need to apply for a UK visa.

Nope.

He can use an EU Family permit and She walks straight into London with him.

The EEA family permit is just as difficult to obtain as the Visa and has to applied for the same as a Visa. The case Milke quoted was for a 'Thai Bird' not a family member.

When you apply, you should include all the documents that you can to show that you are a family member of an EEA national. These should include:

• the EEA national's original passport or identity card, or if this cannot be provided (for example, because the EEA national is already in the UK) a copy of the EEA national's passport or identity card, endorsed by the EEA national's embassy in the country in which they are resident or present at the time of application; and
  • proof of your relationship to the EEA national (for example, your birth certificate or marriage certificate); and
  • a letter from the EEA national, declaring that you are travelling with them or are joining them in the UK.

If you are not the EEA national's spouse, civil partner, or child or grandchild under 21, you must provide evidence that you are dependent on them or have lived as part of their household.

If you are applying as the EEA national's unmarried partner, you should provide evidence that you have been living with them in a relationship akin to marriage for more than 2 years. It is unlikely that we would consider a shorter relationship as 'durable', in accordance with the EEA Regulations.

The EEA family permit is just as difficult to obtain as the Visa and has to applied for the same as a Visa. The case Milke quoted was for a 'Thai Bird' not a family member.

Nope. No fees, no health checks, No English tests, no waiting. Straight in and after 6 Months the person or people the EU National took into the UK GETS UK RESIDENCY and is entitled to full benefits as a UK Resident.

Remember... for a UK National to take a Thai back Home He needs to pay about 45,000 baht for the application. She needs a health screening in Bangkok. She needs to pass an English test. He needs to prove He can keep Her and earns £22K a year.

THAT'S AN UPHILL BATTLE.

The EU National has to be working and lived in the UK for 90 days.

TELL ME THAT'S FAIR

Well as of today for I'm finished with all this shite as the wife received a letter from the Home Office this morning granting her UK Citizenship. Only the Citizenship ceremony to attend and she can apply for a UK passport.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Well as of today for I'm finished with all this shite as the wife received a letter from the Home Office this morning granting her UK Citizenship. Only the Citizenship ceremony to attend and she can apply for a UK passport.

Congratulations...

Congratulations...

Thanks. The last few years seem to have been a battle with UKBA but it's over now :D

• Like 1

yes this is for my wife.just by bringing a wife to the UK doesn't mean anything.its just the start if it.have a read of this

post-52483-0-96642700-1381605549_thumb.j

be aware guys.your lady leaving Thailand is the start of a mountain to climb.

Edited by matthewh

we are ready for the next episode of immigration for taxpayers.roll on september

Edited by matthewh

great news.welldone .

we are ready for the next episode of immigration for taxpayers.roll on september

That's ridiculous you must be mad.

If She has passed Her ESOL course I don't understand WHY they refused Her. The only reason I see is I thought 4 units in English was required. If I remember right, Ouy did Writing, Reading, Speaking and comprehension when she went to College.

What a Country. Every immigrant under the Sun and British Spouses are treated like Shit.

That's ridiculous you must be mad.

If She has passed Her ESOL course I don't understand WHY they refused Her. The only reason I see is I thought 4 units in English was required. If I remember right, Ouy did Writing, Reading, Speaking and comprehension when she went to College.

What a Country. Every immigrant under the Sun and British Spouses are treated like Shit.

mate.you are not the only one who finds it funny.pukky worked her socks off to pass that.also she is in fulltime employment and has never had a day off sick since 20th of jan 2009 Edited by matthewh

mate.you are not the only who finds it funny.pukky worked her socks off to pass that.also she is in fulltime employment and has never had a day off sick since 20th of jan 2009

If she has passed Her ESOL course at a designated College and has it signed off that should be all she should require. I can't believe that they can refuse Her. f**king ridiculous.

But they tried the same with my little boy. A Muslim at the Home office (Ali Sha) sent me an e-mail saying my boy wasn't entitled to UK Nationality until His Mother got Hers as we weren't Married when He was born.

The CORRECT rule in fact was the day we DID MARRY legitimised our Son and He was then entitled to a British passport.

I went over Ali Shas head and called the Nationality helpline. They made enquiries and told me He WAS entitled. The passport office backed this up and issued Him a UK passport.

They are a bunch of c**nts.