Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
lanzalad

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Dentist ..

I am going later today. Having 5 teeth installed. Soi 5 Jomtien by immigration. Stay away from Hollywood on Soi Lengkhee. Could f**k up a mustard sandwich.

Bit of an update to underscore the Hollywood / Soi Lengkhee twit.

Yesterday a 3 tooth bridge on the bottom at the back fell out. Yes FELL OUT. Complete with the pins holding it in place. I give that one just over a year. I think he got that one completed in my winter visit 2014. So February makes it a year. He originally installed it in 2013 a year before! This was a replacement!

It hurt from the time he started it and eventually settled down. Apparently my feeling pain and suffering a gum infection was my imagination.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

Don't use the guy at Hollywood Dental.

Everything he has done has broken, fallen out, cracked and had to be redone.

One tooth of the five I had done in Jomtien has fallen out. I am not surprised. There was nothing to cement to. He is going to have to remove what is left of the tooth, put in an implant. Then let it heal, fit the abutment and finally install a decent new crown - which I am not going to pay for. This is another cock up. I told him before he got started that I couldn't see how he put a crown on the teeny tiny stump down at gum level. So I'll pay for the removal and implant etc but not another 12k for the replacement crown.

Meanwhile the 3 tooth bastard is going to need another removal and implant.

I am fed up with all this. It has been going on since 2011. Enough already.

Read this answer too late. End of last month this dentist finished work on my teeth. One crown (jacket) 4 teeth bridge, small filling and cleaning of al my teeth. Did not detect anything wrong in his way of working.

So far no problems.

Dr Preecha in Jomtien 406/335 Phratamnak Road Just round the corner on left past Take Care Bar Jomtien, Used him many times and very good, not cheap, but not European Prices either, as always here you get what you pay for

Sorry, I forgot.

Jomtien Soi 5 Dental Clinic

038-231158

089-1405464

Thanks Izi.

This would have suited us fine but of course Thai people know better and the wife wants to try a dentist recommended to her by a friend. If this dentist doesn't work out I will be taking her to this gentleman.

Sorry, I forgot.

Jomtien Soi 5 Dental Clinic

038-231158

089-1405464

Thanks Izi.

The missus has been to see this dentist and seems quite happy with what they propose. Work starts next week on implants for her 2 front upper teeth.

Ok.

back to Thailand and back to the work in progress commonly called my gob.

I had a crown that had fallen out cemented back in and that worked out well. Today I had a front tooth removed and an implant installed. I am hurting a bit now as I write.

Somewhat different implant than the 2 I had done in America in 2006. A lot less money and way faster. 2 weeks the 3 stitches come out and when I return in the summer I will have the abutment and crown installed. All for 40,000 b. I couldn't get the xray for that in the States.