Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
stain

Some Crazy Prices Being Asked

back a week ago from 17 day trip to thailand....decided to have a look around the web for prices on accomo.

i tend never to pay more than 1700 baht max per night for a room and usually nearer the 1-1.2k mark.

when i was in patts i needed accomo for last 2 nights as these were optional as to where i wanted to be....any way the lady decided upon sunshine garden resort out at dolphin roundabout....1700 per night we paid....it was lovely...great pool area but mossies were hungry..balcony door was a bad fit and a bitch to close....bed a touch firm for my taste but alcohol overcame that issue.

anyway...back to topic....

D2 on 2nd rd...think also known as barracuda....found it for 3k and yet today looked oct dates and it was 10k up.

amari nova suites...end of soi buakow....92sq mtr under 2k per night...75% off...seems a bargain.

royal cliff....honeymoon suite....under 3.5k...think 2.9k from memory.

mercure hotel wanted 35k per night...then found it asking under 4k via asia romms....cant be same place surely.

some of these deals/discounts make you wonder what the true std price really is.

place called siam by siam looked really nice...infinity pool and all that jazz...funky colour schemes...seemed a good deal for under 2.5k...but these pics can be misleading at the best of times....outdated badly etc.

woodlands resort or the serviced apartments version looks great...but cant find under 3k...too rich for me.

do you guys when booking always go location location or would you prefer the hotel style/spec over location?

personally i begrudge spending high on a room due to only sleeping/washing in it....decor not top priority but clean/functional/and with pool is a bonus.

i stayed diana oasis estate...premium D 1500 night...it was great...then got moved to C block....not so great..it was 1300....have to say that 1 lady didnt like the walk from kiss food and spat dummy at turn onto bouakow...only 100 mtrs to go and she hummed and haad so i left her standing there moaning about sore feet bullshit....why go all that way to moan on final straight...thai women eh...location can and does f**k up a ride if takes too long or difficult to get to....should of taken moto taxi but i like a walk when been drinking...backfired and not for 1st time either.

Location has my priority. Still plenty to find in Central Pattaya within the 1000-1500 Baht price bracket. (if you're not too fussy...)

I had a good deal through Agoda for the Chada Thai House hotel at the dead end of soi 14 (same soi as Tim's Intimate hotel) for approx 1150 a night.

Found out today that booking through Agoda via the App on my phone was cheaper than booking with Agoda for exactly the same deal via the Agoda website on my PC.

Some hotels offer rates based on time of year and have graduated rates that are reasonable, some have all year round prices and some hotels seem to just put out a figure that they think they can make (ok it's business). Royal wing in November 2014 was 1500 baht, same room at Xmas was nearly 7000 baht, a rather large increase that for me was not realistic. You really need to do some leg work through the rates of all the booking engines to get the best deal. I paid 1600 baht at Whitehouse Condotel (Soi 13) on 01 January. The rate was very acceptable and was not obscenely raised for the date.

Found out today that booking through Agoda via the App on my phone was cheaper than booking with Agoda for exactly the same deal via the Agoda website on my PC.

I doubt it...I use myself Agoda to renting out my condos and only me who can set the charges... and there are no options for different prices for the web or the android thing... maybe the Agoda swallows some discounts... BTW... the worst options from the Agoda for the renters... ( high cut off, pays too late, no connections with the customers... etc... I simple hate my bookings from the Agoda... )

I don't know your situation or if you live in Thailand.there are great deals to be had at the dusit,woodland etc. but on a package.walk in then forget it

I doubt it...I use myself Agoda to renting out my condos and only me who can set the charges... and there are no options for different prices for the web or the android thing... maybe the Agoda swallows some discounts... BTW... the worst options from the Agoda for the renters... ( high cut off, pays too late, no connections with the customers... etc... I simple hate my bookings from the Agoda... )

Don't doubt it, it is fact for the hotel I have booked in Pattaya for the end of this month.

For you who controls price it may be the same but it is a undeniable fact that I booked a room for less on the Android App than via the website on my PC

I also remember reading via a post on here or another forum saying the very same thing which at the time I was sceptical about but has turned out to be true.

I will put a disclaimer in that it may not be for all hotel properties but it undeniably is for some as I found out and utilised to my financial advantage.

Certainly could be beneficial to download the App for future comparison rather than rely solely on their website on a PC.