Latest News
  • *** *** FIRTH is a word we must not forget , KEEP THE KIDS SAFE *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** KARMA IS A FUCKING BITCH ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Murchie

Champions League Qf, No English Teams

No teams from the best league in the world in the champions league quarter finals, how can that be?

did you watch messi taking the piss out of aquero and toure in particular and man city in general last night ?

nutmeging them , dumbying them , making them look like 3rd raters and these are the 2 best footballers in the epl by a country mile .

he tortured them all night .

that's the difference in real quality .

in fact if joe hart didn't have his best ever game of his career it could easily have been 6 or 7 for barca .

did you watch messi taking the piss out of aquero and toure in particular and man city in general last night ?

nutmeging them , dumbying them , making them look like 3rd raters and these are the 2 best footballers in the epl by a country mile .

Got to say Messi is head and shoulders ahead of 99% of all professional footballers not only in UK but Spain, Germany, France and Italy. On his day nobody can live with him, that is what is so special about him. Aquerro and Toure plus many others are still quality players on their day and would be welcomed into most other top outfits. They both have had excellent games previously and get the plaudits they deserve. Messi is just above everyone.

Got to say Messi is head and shoulders ahead of 99% of all professional footballers not only in UK but Spain, Germany, France and Italy. On his day nobody can live with him, that is what is so special about him. Aquerro and Toure plus many others are still quality players on their day and would be welcomed into most other top outfits. They both have had excellent games previously and get the plaudits they deserve. Messi is just above everyone.

I agree dave , aquero and toure for me are the 2 best players in English football yet messi alone toyed with them last night .

it was as if he decided to show them up .

I heard there were 8 in the last 15 finals - not bad

Counts for nothing Rob, you don't get remembered for losing finals. We keep hearing how the EPL is the best in the world so surely teams from the EPL should be doing better.

Chelsea, 3 years since they won it.

Man U, 7 years since they won it.

Liverpool, 10 years since they won it.

Arsenal, have never won it.

Man City, never even been in a final never mind win it.

Counts for nothing Rob, you don't get remembered for losing finals. We keep hearing how the EPL is the best in the world so surely teams from the EPL should be doing better.

Chelsea, 3 years since they won it.

Man U, 7 years since they won it.

Liverpool, 10 years since they won it.

Arsenal, have never won it.

Man City, never even been in a final never mind win it.

I think 8 times - and I haven't checked that,is not bad. Best teams dont always win knock out competitions, if they did, the FA cup would be owned by only a few and the world would have been spared Eurovision song winner Johnny Logan.

Just checked something.

English teams have won it 12 times and were banned for 5 years - so, a decent run imo.

I think 8 times - and I haven't checked that is good. Best teams dont always win knock out competitions, if they did, the FA cup would be owned by only a few and the world would have been spared Eurovision song winner Johnny Logan.

There's nothing good about it Rob, I doubt the owners of those EPL clubs think it's good.

In football second is nothing.

There's nothing good about it Rob, I doubt the owners of those EPL clubs think it's good.

In football second is nothing.

I'd love my team to come second in the CL.

And some of the total $300m prize money would be handy too.

I'd love my team to come second in any competition.

And some of the total $300m prize money would be handy too.

Changed your post slightly.

Messi and Ronaldo are the ultimate.

Have the next tier with Suarez,Bale,Benzema,Aguero,Ibrahimavic etc..

But these two are something else.

I think 8 times - and I haven't checked that,is not bad. Best teams dont always win knock out competitions, if they did, the FA cup would be owned by only a few and the world would have been spared Eurovision song winner Johnny Logan.

Just checked something.

English teams have won it 12 times and were banned for 5 years - so, a decent run imo.

Both records are second best.

The EPL receives wider coverage but the EPL clubs can't match the spending power of the top Spanish clubs. Ronaldo, Bale, Suarez were transferred from the EPL to the Primera, not the other way around.

Maybe we need a decent winter break. There are some great players in the British teams, maybe they have just under performed this season in the European competitions. I for one think continuing to play over Christmas and New Year is ridiculous.

Both records are second best.

The EPL receives wider coverage but the EPL clubs can't match the spending power of the top Spanish clubs. Ronaldo, Bale, Suarez were transferred from the EPL to the Primera, not the other way around.

Im not saying that the EPL has a higher spending power or that it is better than la liga. I don't watch much football other than EPL so it would be wrong for me to compare - but football pundits generally say that EPL is more exciting and less predictable than Spanish/German football and as a TV viewer, I'm in the majority so there must be something attractive in it.

Im not saying that the EPL has a higher spending power or that it is better than la liga. I don't watch much football other than EPL so it would be wrong for me to compare - but football pundits generally say that EPL is more exciting and less predictable than Spanish/German football and as a TV viewer, I'm in the majority so there must be something attractive in it.

I believe these football pundits earn their high wages due to the EPL and it is in their interest to talk it up. Any Sky Sports pundit saying "well the EPL is not bad but there are other leagues where the skill is much better like Spain or the art of defending in is better in Germany etc is not going to last long. I've said this before that pundits in Germany, Spain, Italy and France are bigging up their leagues too and they can't all be right.

I believe these football pundits earn their high wages due to the EPL and it is in their interest to talk it up. Any Sky Sports pundit saying "well the EPL is not bad but there are other leagues where the skill is much better like Spain or the art of defending in is better in Germany etc is not going to last long. I've said this before that pundits in Germany, Spain, Italy and France are bigging up their leagues too and they can't all be right.

They are pundits and are paid to give their view on the game, they are not salesmen.

Its a collective view I think, not just TV pundits

The audience numbers speak volume, you cant argue with them - unless that's a conspiracy too.

They are pundits and are paid to give their view on the game, they are not salesmen.

Its a collective view I think, not just TV pundits

The audience numbers speak volume, you cant argue with them - unless that's a conspiracy too.

Viewing figures for Coronation Street and East Enders are far higher than any television production of a Shakespeare play has ever been but that doesn't reflect the standard of the writing.

Maybe we need a decent winter break. There are some great players in the British teams, maybe they have just under performed this season in the European competitions. I for one think continuing to play over Christmas and New Year is ridiculous.

I guess Sky and BT Sport will dictate if that happens or not.

Viewing figures for Coronation Street and East Enders are far higher than any television production of a Shakespeare play has ever been but that doesn't reflect the standard of the writing.

I think it does.

If you were to ask the organizers and sponsors who they would like to see in any competition final I bet an English club would be named - same as the world cup. When England are booted out the viewing figures go down.