Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
mulphy

Pies , Bacon , Sausage Etc .

Sheftalia - greek sausages home made

Edit - that's pork souvlaki to the left of the sausages

post-420-0-87723100-1444766789_thumb.jpe

The problem with the UK is the food - all of it, is so damn good. I have had one Thai meal since I got back and despite me bringing about 50 Blue Elephant mixes back with me, I cant see me in the short term using them.

Thick Richmond sausages; Pukka pies; Youngs fish - fantastic cream cakes; ice creams and fresh bread, the list is endless. And the prices are fantastic. I'm in Norwich tonight and on my way to a steak house I stopped in a pub for a pint, had a look at their menu, an angus steak with chips etc - and a dink - £8. Unbelievable. Ill end up the size of a house lol

And dont start me on the booze.................

Stop it just stop it!!!

Bastard.

I can't get a decent Indian (especially in so called 'Indian' restaurants) to save my life. Forget about pies. I buy the microwave ones from Marie Callender. Hardly the same is it?

So stop tormenting me.

The best grub I get is in Thailand. I know many of you don't like the fish and chips but to me it is manna from heaven.

The ironic thing is Americans like to make fun of English food like it is bad or something. If an American starts with that stuff with me it will piss me off in a heartbeat.

Are they not more a Kebab?

Be good to know what you think, I've tried they're regular sausage offerings and wasn't exactly bowled over. I am really fussy tho

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Be good to know what you think, I've tried they're regular sausage offerings and wasn't exactly bowled over. I am really fussy tho

I ll post my findings .

Oh and Plaka if you are going to continue making sausages I would like to try some but keep out of that thread about the condoms I found it worrying.

Are they not more a Kebab?

See my edited post

Well spotted

It's sausages on the right kebab on the left

Oh and Plaka if you are going to continue making sausages I would like to try some but keep out of that thread about the condoms I found it worrying.

On that note if you have to chew a sausage more than 3 times spit it out.

See my edited post

Well spotted

It's sausages on the right kebab on the left

Ahhhh i didnt even spot the sausages my eyes were drawn to the top left of the picture sorry mate lol.

Waste not want not as my dear old mum used to say

I did see siam foods are saying they're stocking lorne sausage now, like you say tho I wouldn't hold you breath for authenticity Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Can I ask where you get the hog casings, I heard macro but couldn't find them. I've got about 500 metres of the dry skins to get through first thoSent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Siam expat foods are using a different supplier now, I dont know who but I suspect it's kpk.

All is not lost mulphy, whm are no longer but the meat processing is still very much in business and still producing and supplying their customers.

Dodgy you can get the hog casings from makro in the freezer section marked salted pork intestine.

Cheers

Siam expat foods are using a different supplier now, I dont know who but I suspect it's kpk.

All is not lost mulphy, whm are no longer but the meat processing is still very much in business and still producing and supplying their customers.

Dodgy you can get the hog casings from makro in the freezer section marked salted pork intestine.

Cheers

Thanks, very much appreciated, I'll look harder, the dry cologean ones do split quite easily. And the condoms are subject to melting.

Thanks, very much appreciated, I'll look harder, the dry cologean ones do split quite easily. Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

They might split but still stronger than Thai condoms lol

Well here in Hua Hin we have the Hua Hin Ham, Bacon and Meat Company and I am very impressed with their pies (their website appears to be under maintenance presently). They are on soi 41 off the Petkasem road and I have used them many times for their sausages, pies and black puddings. Their London pork sausage is lovely, their Cumberland sausage not as good but acceptable. It is the pies that I love, they range from 80 to 85 baht for steak, steak & kidney, chicken & ham and steak mince. I love the steak pies, they are actually full of chunks of beef.

Now personally the pies and sausages on offer in the UK are something I miss and it was on my last trip to the UK that I tasted the best sausages I have ever had, they were Gloucester Old Spot which I had in a small pub near Stroud. I had just two but they were so tasty. When I am in the UK I will certainly buy some. There is one particular website that I may try when back if I can not find them on the shelves of Waitrose. Appears they use shoulder which they say gives the best lean to fat ration.

http://www.moonbeamsland.co.UK/shop/rare-breed-pork-sausages/c_7.html

Guest dodger

I understand London Pies have taken over former WMH premises, will try some in Tropical bar next time I go in.

Can anyone beat a Pukka pie? Had a M&S steak and Guinness pudding last weekend and I thought I was in heaven

I understand London Pies have taken over former WMH premises, will try some in Tropical bar next time I go in.

That's interesting, they are supposed to do pretty good pies?

there are all sorts of people selling pies , bacon , sausage and more all over pattaya . my favourite was the now defunct WHM better known as western wholesale meats . I used them as supplier at the rockhouse coz to me their product tasted the best out of all the companies I tried .

anyway to cut a long story short despite me thinking WHM supplied the best and most tasty pies , bacon and sausage I am yet to find a pie a sausage or bacon that comes anywhere close to the same products from my home country .

I also get bewildered by the higher prices charged here for these products compared to in my home country .

so hand on heart can you say you get better pies , better sausage , better bacon here in pattaya than you can in your home town and how does the price of these items compare between the 2 .

Nowhere comes close. They either don't know how to make them or the proper ingredients cannot be sourced.

This is a huge problem here Alex. Why we have to go to Bangkok to buy Chinese condiments and we've only found ONE importer in the whole of Chinatown. It's a joke. Asda in the UK sells more genuine Chinese brands than Chinatown in Bangkok.

We cannot even find Madras curry powder here. Tried every Indian source and outlet, nothing. Tescos in the UK have about 20 different brands on the shelves.

Pies, sausages, bacon, bread, naw nothing like back home.

Can anyone beat a Pukka pie? Had a M&S steak and Guinness pudding last weekend and I thought I was in heaven

The food's so much better back Home. But the Women are fat Monsters.

The food's so much better back Home. But the Women are fat Monsters.

It's funny, I came here for the women, now that I can't be bothered with them, the siren call of great British food is tempting me, luckily I still hate the cold weather with a vengeance so I can desist.

It's funny, I came here for the women, now that I can't be bothered with them, the siren call of great British food is tempting me, luckily I still hate the cold weather with a vengeance so I can desist.

I'm that way myself now mate. I cannot be bothered with them either. Why I got Ouy to start up the Western munu again. I ate the rib eye steak and lamb cutlet in one sitting yesterday...Lol.

I'd like to put pies on the menu but the ones i've sampled are very poor imitations of a good British pie. Again, I'm not being bias saying this but Ouy's steak pie beats anything that I've had out here.

I'm that way myself now mate. I cannot be bothered with them either. Why I got Ouy to start up the Western munu again. I ate the rib eye steak and lamb cutlet in one sitting yesterday...Lol.

I'd like to put pies on the menu but the ones i've sampled are very poor imitations of a good British pie. Again, I'm not being bias saying this but Ouy's steak pie beats anything that I've had out here.

Isn't that how it should be, home cooking always wins hands down.