Latest News
  • *** word of the day LOYALTY *** POODLE is a word we must not forget *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril *** can you remember when TRUST was something and HONOUR was something *** caution , this forum contains opinions , humour , sarcasm and irony , procede at your peril ***

Welcome to Pattaya Live

Welcome to Pattaya Live, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pattaya Live by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Rob Jones

They Should Sack Their Manager !

Well by April it will be a little late

You could have got 5000/1 at start of year

Selling like hot cakes

Never too late matey - dont forget you said Leicester wont win so it doesn't matter when I make the bet - or if I make it.

April is a good time. Its my Birthday and Songkran so why not then................

I am changing nothing Phil Jones , Smalling , Carrick don't earn as much as Ronaldo , Yaya Toure etc

But wait Barca and Bayern will get knocked out id next round of CPL

I look forward to the Thai owned team winning the EPL then the CPL as its so open

Man Utd as you were told two years ago won't win EPL you said they would lol

Man U are minnows lol

They are the richest club in the EPL

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/richest-football-clubs/

Lol you are so behind the times , you see how it works in when a rich owner buys a club and decides to buy best in the world the ' value ' of a club means little what matters is what the rich owners are prepared to pay in wages to secure the best players , jumpers for goal posts and snow on pitches ,,??

Still Carrick and Jones are coveted by Madrid , Barca and city lol even Chelsea want then get spending skint flints ,,,

Will they make top four lol ??

Richest club ... Tell me what measure that is exactly lol

Lol what soneone spends has no relationships with how rich that person is. Your wealth is your nett worth and Forbes knows a thing or two about wealthy football clubs.

Funniest post I have had to respond to in this thread

My cleaner is richer than me as she spends more on Christmas presents than me pmsl.....

You been eating too many hot cakes lol

Lol this post is truly ridiculous , Chelsea and City are toys to the owners what a football clubs turnover or worth means nothing when it's pennies compared to the owners and indeed what they choose to spend , word is Abramovich bought Shevchenko and others so what a financial analyst says a ' club ' is worth when owned by mega rich it's irrelevant as the owner pumps in what he wants to millions , your analogy is ridiculous like your knowledge of football

Here is the list from Forbes of the most valuable football clubs in the world:

http://www.forbes.com/soccer-valuations/

Here is another article from Deloitte:

http://www2.deloitte.com/UK/en/pages/sports-business-group/articles/deloitte-football-money-league.html

Published just eight months after the end of the 2013/14 season, the Money League is the most contemporary and reliable analysis of the clubs’ relative financial performance. Combined revenue for the top 20 Money League clubs reached €6.2 billion in 2013/14, an increase of 14% on the previous year. Manchester United rose two places to second place, joining Real Madrid as the only clubs to earn over €500m, with Los Merengues recording their tenth consecutive year at the top of the Money League. It is possible that the top five clubs in next year’s edition could all generate in excess of half a billion euros.

I'm not going to keep on repeating this fact - infact its the last time on this post that I'm going to mention this fact.

Maybe you know more than Forbes and Deloitte about finance and maybe you know more than me about football - I'm not quite sure which of those is the funniest, but whatever, because you keep repeating the same incorrect nonsense doesn't mean it automatically becomes a fact.

Please deal in facts not opinions!

Chelsea could be bankrupt at the end of the season. Manchester Utd are twice the size of them - this is not my opinion but a fact from Forbes. Forbes dont play football, Forbes business is calculating a the net worth or organizations. They dont have opinions either - because its against the law to have an opinion on the nett worth business that has to cough up tax. Ask Tesco's..............

Now, anybody reading this thread can see that your analogy of rich clubs is wrong. The same as your understanding of what is a fact and what is an opinion. You are stating Leicester will not win the EPL - you dont know that and nobody knows that. Nobody knows who will win the EPL this season - like they didn't last season or any season. I can tell you who won the EPL last season if that makes this very difficult analogy any simpler...........lol

As stated when the football club is the toy of a mega rich owner happy to spend what he wants on players an salaries the value of a club means nothing .....

As Chelsea, City and Blackburn proved back in the day ,,,,, you see Blackburn as an example were a poor club not big support , turnover and profit 10% of the wealthy clubs,,,, however J Walker pumped money in inflating salaries buying the best players,,, they won the league ..

But wait Man Utd were worth more I would say 50 or 60 times more,,,, never meant much that year ...

Appreciate you struggle to see the wider picture, but cleaners spending at Xmas sees odd and means what ..

A rich owner happy to spend means a clubs worth on the 'Forbes scale " means little as the riches of the owners and their happiness to spend is not included...

Its like a TCO when running something, Its TCO in reverse I don't expect you to understand mate as its financial ...

Blackburn is a really god example why me and Forbes have got football club valuation right - and you haven't.

As per Walker, not sure what winning the league has to do the wealth of a club...................Blackburn were NEVER richer than Manchester Utd.

Blackburn beat United to the EPL... the reason why they spent on better players who demand higher salaries...

Blackburns salaries were higher than United at the time and indeed they spent on better players, like Chelsea winning last year they made a loss yet won two Trophies....

So as you can see the wealth of a club matters little, what matters is how much they spend building a team salaries etc etc..

Then they become the best team and win things, as you say United being richer than Blackburn meant nothing,,,, similar to the Forbes report, its like measuring how much is in a mans wallet on a night out ,,,, some carry 50,000 the last 50,000 they have others 5000...

Still you and your cleaner better get spending :ice::ice::w00t:

The wealth of any business depends on the businesses outgoings

Like 5:2 diet - its all about deficit - ask BM biglad lol. Controlling inputs and outputs.

If I give the Caroll singers £2 tonight and my wealthy neighbour gives tham £1 does that mean I'm richer than him lol

Cachung Cachung.............

Spending has very little to do with a football clubs nett worth - go talk to the directors of Arsenal..............

Are you winding me up?

I hear he has 1 game to save his job,if they don't do well over the holiday.im sure it will be the tin tack

lol the point being a massive influx of 'free ' money from the owner increases the wealth of the club ,,, Kerching,,,, Bale, Ronaldo, Messi are assets like racehourses...

Business outgoings ? are you nuts, the wealth of a business is its asset base and its ability to drive "profit " expenses and cost are juts part of the equation,,, you cant save your self to riches,,,,

No one has ever won the EPL with a balance sheet, why have chelsea and City won the EPL the last two years them being not as high on Forbes list, in a business turnover means nothing ,,,, profit is king.

A football club results are King... so funny how many fans sing about a clubs position on Forbes list, means nothing

Forbes and football, so funny

Mate you are missing the point. Forbes arent managing a club or setting out a 4-4-2 formation or buying an asset, they are valuing the business. Looking at the clubs bank balance and assets and putting a price on it.

The person/team evaluating the business doesnt need to know anything about the businesses core competence. Setting budgets and planning is diffeent to evaluating something retrospectively -ts as different as a fact and an opinion. When Forbes are asked to value, say McDonalds or KFC, they dont call in a chef to help them. Forbes don't need to know about football because thats not the business they are in.

A simple yes or no question.

Q. Are you disagreeing with me and the Forbes valuation that I posted of the richest clubs in the world?

I am saying the measure means very little these days, are you saying Blackburn , Chelsea and City never won EPL ?

You see with the advent of super rich owners it means nothing, they are toys now so if you want to put a price on a persons "toys " on you go, it means nothing while there are rich benefactors.... with no benefactors it would be a pure measure...

It means nothing .... Abramovich as an example owns many many expensive assets, Chelsea are an asset however the asset costs him money ..

You stated Man Utd would win EPL last the summer Van Gough joined due to spending so much, they were appalling and then you said they would win FA cup they never.... across the board they don't pay as much as City nor Chelsea ...

Now I can see why you want to pick the winners of the EPL in Apri you have far more chance of getting it correct, so Forbes are saying in many many cases how much value a mans toys are .... now a Toy is a luxury a thing you buy without worrying about the cost ,,,,

You seem to struggle with the wider financial view on things, earlier stating what a company spends decides their profit ..

The value of a club decided by Forbes does not allow for any investment by the owners,,,, until he has made it .. making it irrelevant ,,, its an outdated measure, clearly you thought Man utd would win due to this and yu have been proved wrong, again ... :rambo::ice:

An asset base that can and is driven by a rich owner yet fails to recognise in may cases the biggest income stream.... yet Forbes don't recognise this ? Why would they , they can only value whats on the books...

So you looking for the richest club then saying they would won the EPL and the FA cup shows how you were looking at the wrong drivers...

Mate we are going around the wrekin here

Let's address the issue of richest clubs because it keeps cropping up.

We can discuss my OP from last year titled - ' I fancy Man Utd to win the EPL' once we have the richest clubs mapped out. Once you agree with me and Forbes.

Please note the fluffy adjective I used in 'fancy' as opposed to a 'mater of fact' statement.

So, for clarification the richest club has nothing to do with what they have won and I'm not saying Blackburn didn't win the EPL lol. So I have told you now what I am not saying and I will once again tell you what I am saying. I am saying Manchester Utd are far far richer than any other club in the EPL - probably double what Chelsea are worth. Don't be worrying about assets and toys for rich Russians, all that is taken into account by Forbes. Forbes deal in finances of football clubs and other businesses and I deal in facts, and we both agree that Man Utd are the richest club in the EPL.

Will you accept this ?

You seem to struggle with the wider financial view on things, earlier stating what a company spends decides their profit ..

Not me mate, I am just using Forbes figures. They know more than you about business - and probably more than me but that argument is for another day.

Spending has little to do with nett wealth, like I said earlier, I gave the Carroll singers £2 and my next door neighbor only gave £1 but that doesn't mean I am richer than them

You stated Man Utd would win EPL last the summer Van Gough joined due to spending so much, they were appalling and then you said they would win FA cup they never.... across the board they don't pay as much as City nor Chelsea ...

I said I 'fancied' them to win it - (that word again) actually before LVG arrived at Old Trafford. A logical call from the empirical evidence I had and the 'fact' (that word again) that Sir Alex Ferguson approved of the appointment

But whether they won the EPL or not, they were still the richest club in the EPL. That's a fact. And another fact is you described them as minnows lol

Anyway I sson realised LVG was a Clown and gave up the ghost. I was wise enough to realise I dropped a bollcok- we all get things wrong from time to time the secret is realising the mistake and readdressing it and then moving on......- anyway back to the richest club in the EPL....

Man United - the richest club in the EPL, agree?

Rob Jones saying that ManU are the richest club in the EPL. They really are, however they are being milked by the Glazers who only got to spend some money this year after missing out in the Champions League. Manchester City on the other hand have their owners investing shitloads of money in the club.

Rob Jones you claim that managers have very little influence on their team. Well Ranieri got a team that was battling against relegation and got them topping the table in Christmas. I was totally wrong about him, the guy has still got it.

Rob Jones saying that ManU are the richest club in the EPL. They really are, however they are being milked by the Glazers who only got to spend some money this year after missing out in the Champions League. Manchester City on the other hand have their owners investing shitloads of money in the club.

Rob Jones you claim that managers have very little influence on their team. Well Ranieri got a team that was battling against relegation and got them topping the table in Christmas. I was totally wrong about him, the guy has still got it.

Me and Forbes usually agree on things like this.

As for football managers and their input firstly, yes of course they are needed - to pick the team obviously and other clerical things but that's it! Manager-less Chelsea had their best win this season without Jose. The club Ranieri is in charge of is doing fantastic but I cant help thinking that the clown from last year that they fired achieved just as much from this time last year until May......

Can Leicester win the EPL this season? Yes of course they can, they are already half way there, you know I might take up BM MadJoes offer, Ill look more closely in April, 20/1 odds then will look half decent and they could have already won it by then. Thats the beauty of the most competitive football league in the world, nothing is predictable or consistent - other than the facts that I produce on my football threads.

Happy Christmas Andrew19, :cheers:

News on the street is LVG was given three games to get three wins and lost the first. Two out of two now or fired.

United haven't got the bollox to fire him now.

100% he'll not be the manager season.

News on the street is LVG was given three games to get three wins and lost the first. Two out of two now or fired.

United haven't got the bollox to fire him now.

100% he'll not be the manager season.

First time ever I want Stoke to win their next game.

If they lose on Boxing day - he is toast.

The offer like everything else in the market place is subject to change , it will change every game

But you not understanding finance is nothing new

I was told but to let was a daft idea 19 years ago ,, seems I knew better

I was also told at 22 getting a mortgage was a bad idea lol

Don't worry Robbi have been told lots of rubbish over the years ,,, last your toy said Man Utd would win with LVG and the big spending

As I say lots of rubbish over many many years

Having a rich owner of a club means their backing money is not included ,,, until it hits the balance sheet or is an asset ,,

Oops

Fundamental flaw

lol

Are you agreeing with me and Forbes about the wealthiest club in the EPL being Manchester United Joe?

I cant see LVG lasting the end of the year.

Firstly, right now, he should resign as he has failed

Secondly Manchester United should fire him with immediate effect - the richest club in the EPL deserve better, simple as.

you couldn't make this season up.if the players don't want to play for a manager.they wont.they will just coast

I'd give him his marching orders too.

It's usually up to the new manager to select his assistant. Apart from that what has Giggs done wrong? If anything he knows the team inside out and could turn things around.

It's usually up to the new manager to select his assistant. Apart from that what has Giggs done wrong? If anything he knows the team inside out and could turn things around.

He didn't make much on an impact when he was given the reigns last season as interim manager - and I believe he is instrumental in the poor performance so far this season - and if he is not, he should have left on principle rather than sit next to LVG knowing the Ditch clown is going against the history of the richest club in the EPL.

Its a nice fairy tale thought, a Roy of the Rovers moment, but in reality, he had his chance............

New Portugese blood is needed ;)

Nobody has mentioned Mark Hughes......;)